"Removing people from the round."

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Tunder
Byond Username: Tunderchief

Re: "Removing people from the round."

Post by Tunder » #95708

Bottom post of the previous page:

I would like to add that the current climate and code of the game makes for very little danger on most rounds, and as a result the average crew robustness has plummeted as we get new players who weren't around for the old, dangerous SS13.

Team based antag types are a joke, conversion based antag types are laughable as the vast majority of people you convert have no idea of what they're doing or even a basic grasp of movement and combat.

Security used to be a training ground but has more recently become a procedural affair where the strength or weakness of Sec is based around the order in which they use foolproof items, rather than any skill, luck, or response time.

I know how much the administration hates the term, but the game is becoming a hug box, and the player base, starting with the newest players who have never played anything else, are becoming a bunch of useless herbivores who are entirely ineffective when they end up in antag roles, and either useless or, even worse, actively salty about being converted in Rev, Cult, and Gang War.

It used to be get good or get knocked out of the round. It hasn't been that way for awhile.
wól dir, spér, kriuze únde dorn,
wê dir, heiden, dáz ist dir zorn.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #95889

I just looked at a post by Tunderchief and thought : "Yes. He gets it."

The end times have truly come
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #95890

Yeah, Tunder gets it.

The problem is exacerbated by the summer rush, which is VERY real, but nevertheless true.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #95899

I am ashamed to agree with Dorsi here.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #95903

Kor wrote:>we have to make death miserable because it's a core part of the game
>we can't let anyone die because it's miserable

We need to drop one or the other of these attitudes.
Reading one of our oldest rules answers this question immediately:
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules wrote:3. You are playing a game where you are not fully in control of everything. You will be put into situations beyond your control, which will result in some rounds being ruined for you. Man up and deal with it. However, if you are obviously griefed, be sure to report it to administrators by using the 'adminhelp' verb.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #95923

Celdur wrote:Things only get interesting when something disrupts your job somehow.

I think we should look at jobs that do work and are interesting almost every round and see why they are that way.
these two are probably related to each other, jobs get more interesting when something unexpected happens and you have to adapt your skills and experience in a new way
I think that it would be a good design philosophy for jobs to have more unpredictable factors, and no factor is as unpredictable as what your fellow crewmembers will come up with next
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #95928

DemonFiren wrote:
mosquitoman wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:Cloning with biomass was a thing on Bay, and was rather reviled as far as I remember.

That is, fucking awful.
why?
Because it means relying on Botany, and they're alwayss busy growing dank/mutating the shit out of their trays. Even on Bay, before Xenoflora was added and YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO USE MUTAGEN BAN HE became a rule for regular hydro- sorry, 'gardeners'.
> not using an IV drip to exsanguinate an unmonkey into a beaker of clonexadone for all the synthmeat you could ever need
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #95937

Synthmeat reaction why, why must you mock service so?