HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [An0n3]

Resolved.
Malkevin

Re: HEADMIN CANDIDATE: [An0n3]

Post by Malkevin » #38454

Bottom post of the previous page:

Ikarrus wrote:These questions are pointless. We're not electing a developer position here. Headmins have no say in code matters.
Speaking of which...

What's your opinion on the segregation of admins, coders, players?

Would you bring back the players voice, aka the peanut gallery. Would this be the old unrestricted format, or would you have a caveat that people who only jump in to defend their friends, or spout memeisms, or just generally post unconstructive antagonistic for the sake of being antagonistic - would have their fnr privs revoked?

What's your honest opinion of how tg station has changed from 2011 to today

How old are you in real life?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #38529

El Primero
I think the segregation we have is bizarre. It contradicts itself in places. But it's my opinion and short of hosting my own server there's absolutely nothing that can be done about it. Talking about that specific issue is guaranteed to piss certain folks off. So I'll leave it at that. It could be worse. It could be a lot better.

El Segundo
I think FNR works great the way it is right now. I like having Singulo for steno. I think this is the best setup we've had. Players voicing their opinions on a ban in the thread is 100% fucking useless. Honestly, I think even another random admin voicing their opinion on a ban in a thread is like 40% fucking useless.

Because it's all opinions. We don't want opinions in FNR. We don't need opinions in FNR. It's a simple process of "If (rules broken) then (punishment to fit crime + criminal)". Any post that is not proving a rule was/wasn't broken or measuring appropriate punishment is fucking useless.

If you want to laugh about it, celebrate it, draw attention to it, do it on Singulo.

La Tercera
It's ups and downs. It's always ups and downs. I think we were all laughing a lot more about all the stupid possibilities of the game and trying harder to create absurd situations, like a competition for creating the best "were you there when X did X?" kind of comedy contest. We don't have moments like that because the game is older, a lot of everything has been done to death already and the average player seems to care more about themselves and their own round than leaving a lasting impression on others for something incredible.

El Cuarto
Tengo treintaiuno años.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #38542

Ikarrus wrote:These questions are pointless. We're not electing a developer position here. Headmins have no say in code matters.
he wants to know what his opinion is on certain things. knowing what someone thinks about an issue, regardless of if they can change it, can be a deciding factor for someone's vote. in democracy, you want someone who represents the most similar ideas to your own.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #38557

I just want to remind people what it is they are voting for and to keep their expectations realistic. Anon's opinion on code matters is nice and all but is ultimately meaningless in the position we're electing.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Kuraudo
Byond Username: Arumashi

Post by Kuraudo » #39033

It was indeed a "what if" scenario; In the case of a raging debate over a code change, one might think that the headmin being allowed to speak his mind is not a stupid assumption.

You got my vote anyways.
"He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are brigged."