Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

[neerti] Paprka - banned for ahelping

Post by paprika » #6495

Byond account and character name: Paprka - Molly Dakota

Banning admin: Neerti

Ban reason and length:

Your side of the story:
So I adminhelp after being permabrigged based on vague reasons (stabbing the warden with a pen 'while lings were about' (it was actually a retrovirus)) and Holden Sidower literally admits to escalating my brig time for meta reasons:
Holden Sidower says, "I'm gonna be honest with you, Molly."
Holden Sidower says, "If you hadn't basically played a variant on VOX2 at me, I might have given you implants and a second chance."
Holden Sidower says, "But I really have no desire to be cursed out every day."
(giving him shit for being bad at his job is a valid reason to permabrig me apparently)
Engineering Cyborg-307 queries, "Query: if Molly were capable of causing debilitating stings to you would he not have done so already?"
Holden Sidower says, "I have no fucking idea."
Holden Sidower says, "I haven't fought changelings in literally years."
Holden Sidower says, "Feeling a prick with no other source, you ran from a Sec search"
Engineering Cyborg-307 states, "As I recall changelings have evolved in recent months so that humans can not feel their "pricks"."
Holden Sidower says, "Yeah. I work off rumors."
(he works off rumors, hasn't fought changelings in years, yet when he feels a prick I'm suddenly a changeling and need to go into the permabrig?)
Holden Sidower says, "Dealing with you always pisses me the fuck off."
And Neerti launches one of the largest 'shitcurity apologist' arguments I have ever seen, after I go through a chainflashing, muzzling, abomination of an end to a round. Holden initially brigged me for THREE MINUTES for 'theft' for having a bio hood from xenobiology, where I was arrested, which I took for xenomorph facehugger protection. That's why I cursed him out in the first place, and my time being wasted in sec is totally a valid reason for me to call him awful at his job. Job ban worthy? Probably not, but throwing a tear gas grenade at someone, chainflashing, and muzzling them because you feel a prick is kind of awful. Not to mention he practically admitted to the metagrudgey shit and this isn't the first time Holden has been a huge IC ass to me as security or a head of staff.

In the ban reason, Neerti said the permabrigging was for a 'short period of time' even though that entire thing was till the end of the round, where Holden bucklecuffed me in the sec pod, so he could beat me to death when the round was over.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

Because adminhelping when your round is shit all over isn't a valid reason to ban someone for five days, I think? I called Neerti's event bad a few rounds earlier and I think Neerti is acting out a pretty classic case of "I'm bitter, so time to use my 'judgement' to decide you're unfit to play here even though you haven't broken any rules." Seriously? I felt like I was getting metagrudged and adminhelp it, and I end up getting banned. :|
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Re: [neerti] Paprka - banned for ahelping

Post by Neerti » #6621

I'm gonna go ahead and break this down into little chunks in a bit. For now, some backstory on what happened involving the warden and paps.

Paprika was arrested by a sec officer for a few minutes. After their time is up, they decided to stab the warden with a pen as a 'joke'.

[22:09:49]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Molly Dakota(paprka) stabbed Holden Sidower(boronide) with pen</font>

For context, it was believed that there were changelings about. Warden was alone w/ paprika and felt a prick, so naturally they got in trouble.

Paps decided to be eloquent with by saying this during/after their arrest,
Spoiler:
[22:10:28]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : hjelp
[22:10:35]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : F-Fuk-k-kk-ken c-chang-gelin-n
[22:10:45]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : W-WH-HAT T-TH-HE F-F-FUC-CK-K-K D-DID I D-DO
[22:10:47]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : H-HE W-W-WAS-S R-REL-LEASIN-NG M-ME
[22:10:52]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : I'M NOT A FUCKING CHANGELING
[22:10:58]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : UH
[22:11:00]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : HE THREW THE GRENADE
[22:11:01]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : FIRST OF ALL
[22:11:03]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : YOU FUCKING IDIOT
[22:11:09]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : AND SECOND OF ALL
[22:11:12]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT Y'RE TALKING ABOUT
[22:11:19]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : PRICKED YOU?
[22:11:25]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : THAT'S ME ALL OF THE SUDDEN?
[22:11:30]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : YOU FELT A PRICK
[22:11:33]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : SO I'M A CHANGELING
[22:11:35]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : HOLY FUCK
[22:11:36]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : YOU ARE S OBAD
[22:11:38]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : AT YOUR JOB
[22:11:39]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : IT'S PATHETIC
[22:11:54]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : WHY ARE YOU SUCH A SHITTER
[22:12:09]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : FUCKING WITH PEOPLE'S DAY LIKE THIS BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO LEGITIMATELY DO YOUR JOB
[22:12:21]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : AND?
[22:12:27]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : SO?
[22:12:33]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : I'M A CHANGELING BECAUSE YOU FELT A PRICK?
[22:12:45]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : SO???
[22:12:53]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : Dude you are full of shit
[22:12:54]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : help
[22:13:02]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : And fucking garbage at your job
[22:13:06]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : How does it feel
[22:13:09]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : Being so fucking trash
[22:13:10]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : Ahahaha
[22:13:59]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : Wow
[22:14:03]SAY: Molly Dakota/Paprka : You are full of shit
Natually, the warden got tired of them and threw them in perma.
Spoiler:
[22:09:53]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : She pricked me
[22:10:01]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Brig
[22:10:03]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Fuck
[22:10:07]GAME: Boronide/(Holden Sidower) has primed a teargas grenade for detonation at Brig (104,166,1).
[22:10:12]GAME: A chemical smoke reaction has taken place in (Brig | 109, 166)[ Condensed Capsaicin ]. Last associated key is Boronide.
[22:10:33]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : H-Help b-b-br-rig-g
[22:10:39]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : N-Nev-ver-rm-min-nd-d-d-d
[22:10:46]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Ok-kay-y, s-so, M-M-M-Mol-ll-ly w-was-s a l-lin-ng-g-g.
[22:10:55]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : I felt a prick.
[22:11:11]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : She pricked me, then I teargassed her.
[22:11:18]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : I felt a prick while releasing her
[22:11:20]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : So
[22:11:22]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Yes.
[22:11:39]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Well...that's pretty much it.
[22:11:43]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Okay, Mol.
[22:11:48]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Janet?
[22:12:00]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : With me, please, borg.
[22:12:17]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Well, I searched you.
[22:12:24]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : There we no needle.
[22:12:35]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : So...if I felt a prick, and didn't see a pen.
[22:12:47]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Advice on Molly?
[22:13:11]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Pretty alright.
[22:13:26]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : I dunno, she's pretty much doing nothing but abuse me. I don't really feel a need to give her an extra chance.
[22:13:43]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : No pen, there are lings, I feel a prick...yeah.
[22:14:08]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Borg?
[22:14:11]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : I kind of love you.
[22:14:26]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Please weld the vents in here, okay?
[22:14:32]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : She might cause spiderlings.
[22:15:14]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : I'm gonna be honest with you, Molly.
[22:15:33]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : If you hadn't basically played a variant on VOX2 at me, I might have given you implants and a second chance.
[22:15:53]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : But I really have no desire to be cursed out every day.
[22:16:35]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : I have no fucking idea.
[22:16:47]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : I haven't fought changelings in literally years.
[22:17:12]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Feeling a prick with no other source, you ran from a Sec search
This, I consider, to be an IC issue. The problem is what comes after.

[22:14:42]ADMIN: HELP: Paprka/(Molly Dakota): permabrigged because a sec officer felt a prick, meta intensifies - heard by 1 non-AFK admins

I looked into it, first with logs before talking to Holden,
Spoiler:
[22:14:46]ADMIN: neerti/(Heather North) jumped to Paprka/(Molly Dakota)
[22:16:54]SAY: Molly Dakota (as Prisoner #13-006)/Paprka : Yet
[22:16:56]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Heather North)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): I'll check it out.
[22:16:56]SAY: Molly Dakota (as Prisoner #13-006)/Paprka : Feeling a prick
[22:16:59]SAY: Molly Dakota (as Prisoner #13-006)/Paprka : Implies I'm a changeling
[22:17:08]SAY: Molly Dakota (as Prisoner #13-006)/Paprka : But you haven't fought them in years
[22:17:09]SAY: Molly Dakota (as Prisoner #13-006)/Paprka : Holy shit
[22:17:10]SAY: Molly Dakota (as Prisoner #13-006)/Paprka : Nice
[22:17:17]SAY: Molly Dakota (as Prisoner #13-006)/Paprka : So>?
[22:17:21]SAY: Molly Dakota (as Prisoner #13-006)/Paprka : I'll serve my time for that
[22:17:24]SAY: Molly Dakota (as Prisoner #13-006)/Paprka : But why am I in permabrig?
[22:17:26]SAY: Molly Dakota (as Prisoner #13-006)/Paprka : Again?
[22:17:36]SAY: Molly Dakota (as Prisoner #13-006)/Paprka : Is swearing at you against the space law you were so quick to quote?
[22:18:20]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Heather North): His reasoning for having me in permabrig is: "maybe i'm a changeling". That's it. He's metagaming out the ass and being an asshole to me because I swore at him when he flashed me, bucklecuffed me, etc for no reason when janet had things handled.
[22:18:49]ADMIN: HELP: Paprka/(Molly Dakota): should probably never be security again if he's going to meta this hard tbh - heard by 1 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
[22:19:00]SAY: Molly Dakota (as Prisoner #13-006)/Paprka : I want my clothes
[22:19:07]SAY: Molly Dakota (as Prisoner #13-006)/Paprka : And I want to leave security and do whatever the hell I want
[22:19:20]SAY: Molly Dakota (as Prisoner #13-006)/Paprka : Because you have no right to put me in here
[22:19:35]SAY: Molly Dakota (as Prisoner #13-006)/Paprka : Borg
[22:20:56]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Heather North): i like that, since he knows he fucked up, rather than release me and admit he's wrong, he spews out a bunch of shit like how permabrigging is up to the officer's 'discretion'
[22:21:13]SAY: Molly Dakota (as Prisoner #13-006)/Paprka : Let me go
[22:21:59]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Heather North): Chainflashing me, muzzling me, bucklecuffing me to a pod so he can say he didn't leave me behind....
[22:22:48]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Heather North): literally look at what he's doing right now
[22:23:53]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Heather North): Oh look, he finally admitted to metagrudging.
[22:24:14]ADMIN: HELP: Paprka/(Molly Dakota): beating me to death postround too, epic ftw - heard by 1 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
Here's Holden's side.
Spoiler:
[22:17:15]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Yeah. I work off rumors.
[22:17:57]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : It comes into the part of officer's discretion.
[22:18:07]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Ehhh, fuck.
[22:18:13]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : I guess we ought to take hher.
[22:18:17]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Molly? You want to stay or go?
[22:18:30]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Yeah.
[22:18:52]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Unlesss you want to leave, I'll leave you here.
[22:18:56]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Do you want to stay, Molly?
[22:19:12]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Alright then.
[22:19:20]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Good luck here, then.
[22:19:27]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Come on, borg.
[22:19:31]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : With me, please.
[22:19:39]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : C'mere.
[22:19:59]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Thank you, 307.
[22:20:22]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : She'll be fine, I promise.
[22:20:26]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : She has food, the vents are sealed.
[22:20:35]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : I asked if she wanted to go or stay.
[22:20:46]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Ugh
[22:21:18]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : No.
[22:21:38]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : C'mon in, borg
[22:21:40]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Come in, borg.
[22:22:06]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : I hate my job somedays.
[22:22:19]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : And you know why? All this happened, more or less because you didn't consent to a search.
[22:22:25]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Let's pretend you had, okay?
[22:22:42]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : If you had, you'd be searched, found to have zero contraband, and let go
[22:22:50]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : But this happened instead.
[22:22:54]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Fucking hell, Dakota.
[22:23:26]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : It would be easier for both of us if you'd consented to that search.
[22:23:33]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Dealing with you always pisses me the fuck off.
[22:23:38]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : You dealing with me isn't much better.
[22:23:46]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : So, please, make both of our lives easier, okay?
[22:23:55]SAY: Holden Sidower/Boronide : Is that really so bad?
Time to break down some claims. First, "He's metagaming out the ass". I wouldn't, and I'd imagine most people would feel the same way, think that knowing about lings stinging people is metagaming. "should probably never be security again if he's going to meta this hard tbh". This quote will be important later. "i like that, since he knows he fucked up, rather than release me and admit he's wrong, he spews out a bunch of shit like how permabrigging is up to the officer's 'discretion'" I didn't actually PM holden yet. Also he -is- the warden and he has authority over permabrig."Chainflashing me, muzzling me, bucklecuffing me to a pod so he can say he didn't leave me behind" Dat paranoia, I doubt he was covering his ass, since he was unaware of you ahelping. "Oh look, he finally admitted to metagrudging." I wouldn't say that 'you're a pain in the ass to deal with' is a confession. "beating me to death postround too, epic ftw " Really??? Everyone does that post-round.

Next round I talk to Holden, and Paprika again.

Here's part of convo w/ paprika.
Spoiler:
[22:42:05]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): So the story is they searched you, he 'felt a sting' then perma'd you?
[22:44:25]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): yeah
[22:44:56]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): and obviously you weren't a ling last round according to roundend, he just threw you in fnr saying you were a ling?
[22:45:01]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): to be fair i stabbed him with a pen, it was a joke, i was going to make fun of him but he IMMEDIATELY tossed a fucking teargas grenade, cuffed me, and moved me to permabrig.
[22:45:11]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): i never said i was a ling
[22:45:12]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): yeah, about that
[22:45:14]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): [22:09:49]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Molly Dakota(paprka) stabbed Holden Sidower(boronide) with pen</font>
[22:45:21]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): again
[22:45:31]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): feeling a prick does not constitute changeling in the first place
[22:45:43]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): You stabbed a sec officer with a pen when it's known that there are lings around and expected nothing?
[22:45:44]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): barely any changeling stings do that
Remember that quote I said would be important later? "should probably never be security again if he's going to meta this hard tbh". They want the Warden banned for metagaming... but then there's this. "barely any changeling stings do that", meaning paprika implies that the warden should've metagamed harder to know what a ling sting's exact output to a stinged person would be. So it feels like they're saying 'they're metagaming too much for knowing stings mean lings, but he should've known better since almost no stings give the 'you feel a tiny prick' message anymore', IE 'I want him banned for metagaming, and not metagaming hard enough'.

That's kinda dumb, isn't it?

Now for the rest of the convo,
Spoiler:
[22:45:57]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): if anything he should brig me for fooling him thinking i had a parapen
[22:46:02]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): but not permabrig
[22:46:17]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): also, who the fuck brigs someone for 3 minutes for having a bio hood? doesn't this SCREAM metagrudge to you? Holden Sidower says, "Dealing with you always pisses me the fuck off."
[22:46:43]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): leaves me in permabrig, comes back, takes me on the pod just to muzzle, chainflash, and beat me to death after roundend?
[22:47:18]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): Was that before or after the permabrigging, the biohood part.
[22:47:21]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): even if i stabbed him with a pen, his IMMEDIATE thought, after feeling no side effects, was to perma me? are you calling that valid by any means?
[22:47:37]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): before, he put me in the brig for 3 minutes and his reasons were 'petty theft' and some other kind of theft when i had a bio hood
[22:48:07]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): Was the hood yours?
[22:48:10]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): i had said biohood because i was in xenobiology. janet even reminded him of this afterwards, he didn't even wait to hear janet's side of the story, he just searched me, found ONLY a biohood, and flashed me repeatedly.
[22:48:39]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): no, i didn't steal it from anywhere, i put it on when entering xenobio to save amy lessen. i feared there were xenos, but she just had been glomped by slimes.
[22:49:12]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): janet showed up there and tased me and brigged me from running from a search earlier, but that was because i had an emp grenade from the black market and didn't want 5 fucking minutes, i wanted to get rid of it first.
[22:50:30]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): so i was like okay, i'll serve time for running from a search, but then i got 3 minutes, chainflashed by holden, false charges put on me, and released after he realized the charges were wrong. On the way out, i thought i'd prank him, lolpermabrig. I didn't even do it to act like a fucking changeling, changelings don't fucking use obvious stings like that anyway. The borg pointed that out, and then he said this:
[22:51:50]ADMIN: HELP: Paprka/(Molly Dakota): http://pastebin.com/UnKfLBn8 - heard by 1 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
[22:53:32]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): So he knows 'feeling a prick' means I MIGHT BE A CHANGELING and is REASONABLE EVIDENCE FOR PERMABRIG AND MUZZLING, yet he hasn't fought them in years and can't answer the borg's question? this is such blatant, horrible metagrudge neerti. boronide has shit on my rounds more than this and i'm getting fucking tired of it. he's a godawful security officer and will feed you stupid excuses to justify this stupid shit all day because he's a smooth talking asshole but you know that putting me in permabrig was AWFUL judgement.
[22:57:12]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): I don't really get how that's 'metagruding' if it's a well known fact that lings sting people, and that stabbing someone w/ a pen produces a 'you feel a tiny prick' message most people remember. How is it metagrudge to assume that if you felt a prick, something might be off?
[22:58:38]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): it's metagrudge to put me in permabrig, chainflash me, leave me behind from the shuttle, and then take me on the pod to preach to me all the way to centcomm, then beat me to death when we get there. He even fucking admitted to it.
[22:59:39]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): furthermore, barring vague metagrudge accusation, it's still AWFUL security work to permabrig someone after a ling has supposedly 'stung' you, and after feeling no effects from this 'prick', keep them there anyway just because.
[22:59:48]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): People kill other people when the round ends all the time.
[23:00:58]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): if you really aren't going to take that as evidence he was doing it to be an asshole to me and ruin my round then at least take his fucking garbage assumption i was a ling as evidence he shouldn't play security.
[23:01:26]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): if you feel a prick, have no after effects, would you permabrig someone neerti? really? do you really think that's fucking okay?
[23:01:37]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): do you legitimately believe he would have done it to anyone else?
[23:01:46]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): oh wait, let me answer that question for you.
[23:02:12]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): Remember that, he said he didn't play in a year. He used the information he had available to him.
[23:02:57]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): didn't play? it was his IC excuse, actually, boronide plays pretty often.
[23:03:01]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): http://pastebin.com/G2dWgS99
[23:03:45]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): here's him admitting he only extended it to a permabrig because i swore at him for doing his job wrong about the hood shit. i had a pretty good reason for cursing out a sec officer who chainflashed me and shit to be an asshole.
[23:04:04]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): >do your job wrong >get sworn at for it >lol get permabrigged x)
[23:04:08]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): seriously?
[23:05:56]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): What did you expect when you did something antag-like?
[23:06:18]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): that's not even a case of valid perma, because he even admitted that's not why he did it.
[23:06:34]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): i literally linked you fucking IC CONFESSIONS of why he did it.
[23:06:44]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): and you're saying this is okay?
[23:07:09]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): Him saying that dealing with you is horrible is his IC confession to metagrudge?
[23:07:34]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): him saying that he permabrigged me because i swore at him is his confession to being a fucking trash security officer and he should be jobbanned.
[23:08:14]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): You're saying you gave him shit and he permabrigged you for it?
[23:08:25]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): I LITERALLY LINKED YOU PROOF OF IT, MAN!
[23:08:30]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): http://pastebin.com/G2dWgS99
[23:08:46]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): he fucking ADMITTED he permabrigged me because i gave him shit for the bio hood thing.
[23:09:29]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): A suspected ling giving the warden shit.
[23:10:09]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): so, permabrig? really? when I WAS SUFFERING FROM THE SAME DISABILITY STING AS EVERYONE ELSE?
[23:10:30]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): i mean, it might have been a retrovirus, but that's what everyone thought it was at the time.
[23:11:24]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): Nobody's omniscient. To him it probably looked like a bunch of lings having fun.
[23:11:41]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): to me it looks like he found an excuse to permabrig someone he didn't like.
[23:11:47]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): a bad excuse.
[23:12:06]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): the kind of excuse that would net literally anyone a jobban or a note.
[23:12:18]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): not sure why you're arguing with me on this anyway when i've literally presented evidence towards it.
[23:13:52]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): but okay, permabrigging people for feeling a prick while standing next to them when there's suspected lings is apparently an alright thing to do as sec officer and not immensely shitty.
[23:14:37]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): It's the same story of running around in real wizard robes pretending to be an antag, getting robusted, then adminhelping.
[23:14:56]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): and apparently it's all because i 'didn't consent to a search'. he brings that up in the pod while i'm muzzled before beating me to death.
[23:15:06]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): it's literally not the same story at all
[23:16:04]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): when there's a real wizard or nuke ops and you get robusted what the fuck ever, i wasn't pretending to be an antag at all and he's operating under an assumption when there's real, valid ways to check for lings.
[23:16:24]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): like, you know, the fact that I never stung him? the fact that he never felt any side effects to being 'stung'?
[23:16:49]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): if that makes me valid for permabrig and muzzling and chainflashing and shit then ho fuck i've been playing security wrong
[23:18:56]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): I can only thing of two possabilities of what you're thinking, you think he's a validarrest seeking shitlord who happened to find an excuse to permabrig you, even when, from his point of view, you could've been an actual ling, since he didn't know how lings work nowdays. Kinda silly to go 'metagaming is okay, but incorrectly metagaming by just a bit is bannable'. You seem too paranoid, everyone isn't out to shit on you.
[23:19:14]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): when did i say metagaming is okay
[23:19:15]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): That or you're banbaiting him. One or the other, I think you need a short break from spessmen.
[23:19:25]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): You said that he should know that penpricking isn't a ling sting anymore
[23:19:45]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): i said that it's really unfair to be a dick for the sake of being a dick yeah
[23:19:56]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): and if you're going to metagame that feeling a prick means there's a changeling
[23:20:05]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): you should know ling stings DON'T MAKE YOU FEEL PRICKS ANYWAY
[23:21:05]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): Back then it was acceptable, since the message said that. He didn't see how lings work nowdays.
[23:21:22]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): 'valid' arresting people and using it to be an asshole to people because they called your security methods shit (proof already provided) and then continuing to be shit past this by muzzling, removing their headset, etc with no head of security around is the lowest form of shitcurity and the kind of thing we try to discourage, i thought.
[23:21:27]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): my bad, clearly?
[23:22:06]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): if someone 'might' be a ling but you have no proof, the best thing to do is to tracking implant them and chem implant them or something. not permabrig them just to be safe. permabrig would be fucking filled.
[23:22:42]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): he even admits that he would have just done an implant under normal circumstances, but esalated my sentence to fucking PERMABRIG because i called him bad for being bad.
[23:22:49]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): do you really, REALLY think that's fucking fair?
[23:23:02]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): do you really, REALLY think i have NO reason to be upset here?
[23:24:12]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): do you really think i'm just totally asking for permabrig when i prank him with a pen? he even acknowledges that i could have stabbed him with a pen, but since he didn't 'see a pen' i'm a changeling, into permabrig.
[23:24:16]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): You know that off-quoted phrase 'act like a dick, be treated like a dick', or 'act like an antag, be treated like one'? You were acting like both.
[23:24:29]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): being a dick isn't briggable
[23:24:34]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): and i wasn't even being that mean
[23:24:40]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): HE was being mean
[23:24:51]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): he was the one who literally used a BIO HOOD TO GIVE ME 3 MINUTES
[23:24:56]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): a BIO HOOD I STOLE FROM NOBODY
[23:25:03]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): HELL YEAH MY CHARACTER IS GOING TO BE MAD
[23:25:16]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): You're joking, right??
[23:27:08]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): You could've gone free, with no issues, if you didn't stab the warden with a pen as a 'joke', then after being arrested, be really hostile to him.
[23:27:31]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): He threw a fucking tear gas grenade at me, stripped my headset, and muzzled me, so
[23:28:04]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): If you're saying that's somehow my fault and I should have expected to be permabrigged upon hitting him with my pen then okay neerti i give up.
[23:28:40]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): if that's really the way security should be playing and isn't fucking shitty JLP-tier garbage then i'm totally done and will just make a ban request next time it happens
[23:30:21]ADMIN: HELP: Paprka/(Molly Dakota): Holden Sidower says, "I dunno, she's pretty much doing nothing but abuse me. I don't really feel a need to give her an extra chance." >i'm totally bullying security to the point of needing to be permabrigged apparently when they're the ones that pulled a CODE BLUE RANDOM SEARCH in the middle of a hall and then brigged me for having a bio hood while in xenobiology - heard by 1 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
[23:31:09]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): ever wonder why people dislike security and the stigma forms? it's shit like this. whatever.
Then came the bannu.
Here's holden's convo,
Spoiler:
[22:32:34]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Boronide/(Holden Sidower): Hi. Just wondering, what kind of suspicion did you have for brigging Molly? Just curious.
[22:32:52]ADMIN: PM: Boronide/(Holden Sidower)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): She ran from a casual inspection, and I felt a tiny prick. I'm pretty sure that's a ling thing.
[22:33:16]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Boronide/(Holden Sidower): Nobody else around you was around?
[22:33:39]ADMIN: PM: Boronide/(Holden Sidower)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): No. It was me and her. I called in that I'd been pricked, teargassed her, and cuffed her.
[22:33:45]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Boronide/(Holden Sidower): Okay, thanks.
[22:34:16]ADMIN: PM: Boronide/(Holden Sidower)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): Did I screw up? I thought that some of the ling stings give that message, but the way she was acting/shrieking, that may not be true? I dunno.
[22:34:56]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Boronide/(Holden Sidower): You're fine.
[22:35:29]ADMIN: PM: Boronide/(Holden Sidower)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): Alright, thank you. The problem with trying not to be shitcurity is that whether you are or aren't, people still say it...means I have issues figuring out if I done goofed or not. Thank you.

(a bit later)

[22:49:09]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Boronide/(Holden Sidower): Do you remember what prompted that search on Molly in the first place?
[22:49:30]ADMIN: PM: Boronide/(Holden Sidower)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): A random inspection in Code Blue, so far as I'd heard.
[22:49:47]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Boronide/(Holden Sidower): Was there anything involving petty theft?
[22:50:03]ADMIN: PM: Boronide/(Holden Sidower)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): Ask, um, Janet Williams, she was the arresting officer.
[22:51:03]ADMIN: PM: Boronide/(Holden Sidower)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): Oh, right. She had a xenobio hood in her backpack with no need that I'd seen for it. I mentioned that, but by the time gave a semi-valid reason for it, she had 30 seconds left on the clock.
I asked Psyentific to reply to this thread since I'd like to hear what Janet had to do with this ordeal. I can't really prove Holden's knowledge of changelings, but I still feel he was acting with the knowledge that he had at the time.

Anyways, with all of that backstory out of the way, we can focus on this appeal. I really, really doubt that Holden has a secret vendetta against you, and you seem paranoid that someone not doing things your way means they have an ulterior motive against you, so I suggested you take a break. Seriously, you shouldn't be getting this mad over a video game. Have you considered that your attitude may be the issue, not that people secretly want to metagrudge you? But enough about that, let's break down this appeal.

Also I like the cherrypicked logs you put. I'm gonna explain it all.
So I adminhelp after being permabrigged based on vague reasons (stabbing the warden with a pen 'while lings were about' (it was actually a retrovirus)) and Holden Sidower literally admits to escalating my brig time for meta reasons:
Being screamed at for being shit/dumb/etc and reacting isn't metagrudging. It's called being human. Sec officers put up with that -a lot- when someone gets arrested. You would've probably gone free if you instead didn't Vox2 his ears off.
And Neerti launches one of the largest 'shitcurity apologist' arguments I have ever seen, after I go through a chainflashing, muzzling, abomination of an end to a round.
You had that happen to you after you pretended to be a ling as a shitty joke. If there's a real ling, you take no chances, you pull all the stops, no mercy.
Holden initially brigged me for THREE MINUTES for 'theft' for having a bio hood from xenobiology, where I was arrested, which I took for xenomorph facehugger protection. That's why I cursed him out in the first place, and my time being wasted in sec is totally a valid reason for me to call him awful at his job.

Janet brought you to brig, no?
Job ban worthy? Probably not, but throwing a tear gas grenade at someone, chainflashing, and muzzling them because you feel a prick is kind of awful. Not to mention he practically admitted to the metagrudgey shit
See the 'reacting to being verbally abused' part.
and this isn't the first time Holden has been a huge IC ass to me as security or a head of staff.
If you got proof, we can talk.
I called Neerti's event bad a few rounds earlier and I think Neerti is acting out a pretty classic case of "I'm bitter, so time to use my 'judgement' to decide you're unfit to play here even though you haven't broken any rules."
My sides. I don't really care what you think of my events and this isn't remotely related to this ban.

Anyways, with all of that over, I still think you need a break from spessmen. You made your own round shitty because of your hostile attitude. The permabrigging was valid but you wouldn't take no for an answer. You would've gone free but you dug yourself into a hole and wanted OOC intervention because you're really eloquent. I'm not sure if you really think people are out to get you or you just wanted the warden banned because he didn't metagame hard enough, but you should really consider changing your attitude, it's detrimental to the community, and yourself.

That being said, I'm considering lowering or lifting this since I feel it's clear it won't matter in the first place, and will just result in using the Brotemis Defense ('Admin has a hategrudge against me pls dedmin') next time something happens. I might be paranoid but we will see what happens.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #6623

Janet Williams, Security Officer and unofficial acting HoS for that round.

It was a pretty slow round for me, and I started to occupy myself with faffing around. Hide in a potted plant and wait for an assistant to do something. Chase Danny Schmidt around...Y'know. Bored shitcurity.

I passed Molly Dakota in the halls, and I yelled "YOU! STOP! RANDOM SEARCH!" - She stopped, pricked me with a pen, then ran away, and I lost her in a cloud of smoke. I set her to arrest figuring that running from a search means you've got shifty stuff on you. Maybe an emag or something, I dunno. I called that in over security radio, to keep the Warden and the Captain in the loop, then continued on my way to harass the bartender for not having a permit for her shotgun.

About ten, fifteen minutes later, there's a call for help from Amy Lesson in Xenobiology, to which I respond. I arrive on scene to find Molly Dakota, a loose slime, two scientists (Alice Jackson, Elise Fuzzle) and an engiborg who were also responding to the help. Five people made for a VERY crowded xenobiology, but the situation was already under control and the escaped slime was dead. Molly Dakota was not attacking anybody, but I did take the opportunity to stuncuff and arrest her for fleeing from a search previously. No incidents while in transport to the brig.

When I arrived at the brig, I planned to give her a petty sentence for running from a search and generally making my job harder, assuming there was no contraband. There was no contraband in her pack - A Xenobiology bio helmet and a pen - Presumably, the one she pricked me with. Since she was responding to a call for help in Xenobio, it's reasonable to assume she grabbed the hood for protection against facehuggers, except, y'know, no aliums no admins no events no reason to assume facehuggers. I gave her a couple minutes in the brig, couldn't have been more than three and told the warden to let her out when she was done. I never really gave a shit about the bio hood and I don't think the warden did either. It's worth noting that the entire time she was in the cell, she was verbally abusive - Insulting both me and the warden in many varied ways. She accused us of stealing her items, which had been put in her brig cell locker, yelled at us for arresting 4noraisin, yelled that we were bad at our jobs...Y'know how it goes.

When her timer was over, the Warden escorted her out of the brig. However, I recieved a call for help from him - I ran to the brig to find a large cloud of tear gas and Molly Dakota on the ground, stunned and being re-cuffed by the warden. I asked what happened, and the warden told me that she'd pricked him when he uncuffed her to let her out. He requested to permabrig her, and, while I was iffy on it and favored giving her a second chance, the warden made the case that Molly Dakota is a dick and I agreed - Perma he.

If you're going to pick up screwing with Sec when you're not even five steps out of your cell, fuck you. If you're going to be non-cooperative or downright abusive towards Sec, fuck you. The fact that you went so far as to FNR this when your A-Help didn't go your way tells me that either you're real fuckin' mad, you're real fuckin' petty, or both. Knowing you, it's both.

Fake Edit - Looking at these A-Help logs? Yeah, uh. This is exactly why you're always such a pain in the ass to deal with. When you aren't mad, when someone hasn't screwed with you, you're okay. Not GOOD, just Okay. But when someone comes at you, whether it's security or not, admin or not? You're a dick - Genuinely unpleasant to deal with and be around. If you keep this shit up it's only a matter of time until someone finds enough reason to make a permaban stick, or they just cite Rule One, Don't be a dick, Rule Ten(?), don't toe the line, and/or rule zero, the GM is always right.

Fake Edit 2 - Continuing log reads, I actually wouldn't have given you 5m for the black market EMP grenades. Heck, I wouldn't give brig time for a stun prod - If I searched a guy and he didn't have something that could function as a weapon, I'd question him; Who the hell doesn't carry a weapon on SS13? Who gives a shit about petty theft? And holy shit you're a raging dick in these a-helps; I can see Neerti's point, I wouldn't want to deal with that.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #6681

Neerti wrote:That being said, I'm considering lowering or lifting this since I feel it's clear it won't matter in the first place, and will just result in using the Brotemis Defense ('Admin has a hategrudge against me pls dedmin') next time something happens. I might be paranoid but we will see what happens.
Or perhaps admins like Brotemis and yourself can wait until people actually break rules before you fire off bans on them like completely terrible admins?

If you think people are so DETRIMENTAL TO THE COMMUNITY!, why don't you wait until they break the actual rules that define people as such? That define them as bad players? All this does is make me want to not ahelp when you're around anymore, and if that's your goal, congrats. One less person to make you do the job you volunteered for.

Oh shit guys, look at how mad Paprika is in these ahelp logs after having his round shit over, it's almost like that's the reason he's ahelping. I should ban him for not being happy about being permabrigged by a retarded warden? How bad for our community, you need a break, certified by me, the veteran ss13 player that hardly even plays anything outside of silicons or event shit.
Psyentific wrote:Fake Edit 2 - Continuing log reads, I actually wouldn't have given you 5m for the black market EMP grenades. Heck, I wouldn't give brig time for a stun prod - If I searched a guy and he didn't have something that could function as a weapon, I'd question him; Who the hell doesn't carry a weapon on SS13? Who gives a shit about petty theft? And holy shit you're a raging dick in these a-helps; I can see Neerti's point, I wouldn't want to deal with that.
I honestly don't believe you but this has literally nothing to do with my ban in the first place. I'm still not entirely sure why I deserve a ban for being mad in ahelps/IC when I felt someone was being an intentional asshole to me after the bio hood and subsequent LOL PRICK, TIME FOR PERMABRIG and all the random naivety shit he pulled while permabrigging me like "what's a changeling?"
Psyentific wrote:I called that in over security radio, to keep the Warden and the Captain in the loop, then continued on my way to harass the bartender for not having a permit for her shotgun.
Not sure if this is meant to be a joke or you're admitting what a bad security officer you are. Isn't this the kind of shit you get upset about when you play QM?
Psyentific wrote:I never really gave a shit about the bio hood and I don't think the warden did either.
Literally the ONLY REASON I started swearing was because the WARDEN, NOT YOU, said "PETTY THEFT, THREE MINUTES, STEALING. WANT ME TO QUOTE SPACE LAW?" He didn't even know why you brought me in, he didn't even ask you. You're the one who corrected him. Neerti can even bring up the fucking logs of this. I wouldn't be fucking pissed in the first place about being brigged for running from a search, I had black market grenades and have been 5+ minute brigged for them before, so I got rid of them(smoke). It was when Holden started being shitcurity and used a fucking BIO HOOD as a reason to brig me for 'theft' when I started getting mad. I had all the right to call Holden shit for trying to brig me for 3 minutes for having a bio hood, which was his fucking godawful reason if you look at the logs instead of making shit up.
Psyentific wrote:Since she was responding to a call for help in Xenobio, it's reasonable to assume she grabbed the hood for protection against facehuggers, except, y'know, no aliums no admins no events no reason to assume facehuggers
There's monkeys in xenobio? Aliens frequently attack there? Lessen could have been jumped by aliens? It's pretty stupid not to enter xenobio wearing face protection tbh, and there's two lockers in the entrance, but I was the only one that did. Not the first time either, call me when you're chestbursting. I was a stuttering, collapsing mess from the retrovirus that was released and had NO TIME to defend myself. When I came up from unconsciousness I was told I was brigged for having a bio hood because Holden has no idea what he's doing. That's why I started cursing him out, rightfully so, that's bullshit. I get the feeling if I had a hatchet from the garden he would have brigged me for having a weapon too.

-----

All in all, if what I should take back from this is it's natural to exercise your power to valid permabrig people who call you bad at your job if you're "tired of them" then I've certainly been playing security wrong. If I'm a bad player for shit talking security for being brigged incorrectly with a shitcurity excuse and then permabrigged for him feeling a prick then I guess it's time to ban most of sybil.

I still don't understand why I've recieved a 5 day ban based on an admin's judgement over ahelping. I presented my logs in the ahelp and Neerti decided since I'm wrong I should also be banned? Since I felt like someone was breaking the rules, and since Neerti decided he wasn't, I'm this awful player who totally needs to leave when literally anyone else would have been jobbanned from security for permabrigging for feeling a prick?

You realize that the only reason it sounds like I was 'ban baiting' is because I assumed he was going to be jobbanned, naturally, as that seems to be the response from most admins towards this kind of awful security play, right? It honestly confused me when you took the side of the guy who gave me 3 minutes for having a bio hood, that's why I was persistent, I was fucking baffled since most people get the admins coming down on them all the fucking time for this kind of shit.

You can argue that Holden wasn't breaking any rules if you'd like, but it remains that I certainly fucking wasn't and I'm getting a little fed up of admins banning me because they personally feel the community fucking hates me or something when in reality it's just their own angsty judgmental bullshit that they can't put aside when I ahelp or whatever. I would have been perfectly fine with Boronide not being banned and I don't even give a fuck if you don't tell me when you ban him because I don't deride some kind of satisfaction from seeing people banned, I'd just rather make sure when stupid shit happens to me it doesn't again. I'll remember not to poke people with pens because it's a valid reason for permabrigging when there's no changelings (at least, nobody bothered to check medical scanner to see it was a virus).

Again, stop banning people for ahelping. I never insulted you or acted hostile towards your administrating throughout the whole thing and till the end, yet I'm a bad person. I let it go after you made your decision(rather ignoring what I said), then I left for the night. I came back to a ban you made because you decided that adminhelping(when ALL players are encouraged to adminhelp when they think something wrong is happening) was a bad idea. I'm not going to make that mistake again.
Neerti wrote: The permabrigging was valid but you wouldn't take no for an answer.
I did take no for an answer, I'm pretty sure I said 'whatever' and then left the game before you banned me?
Spoiler:
[23:24:51]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): he was the one who literally used a BIO HOOD TO GIVE ME 3 MINUTES
[23:24:56]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): a BIO HOOD I STOLE FROM NOBODY
[23:25:03]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): HELL YEAH MY CHARACTER IS GOING TO BE MAD
[23:25:16]ADMIN: PM: Paprka/(Molly Dakota)->Neerti/(Andrew Wood): You're joking, right??
[23:27:08]ADMIN: PM: Neerti/(Andrew Wood)->Paprka/(Molly Dakota): You could've gone free, with no issues, if you didn't stab the warden with a pen as a 'joke', then after being arrested, be really hostile to him.
I assumed this was your final say on it so I ranted for a bit then left, I hardly feel that's fucking bannable. I get it, I struck a nerve when I said I'll 'just make a ban request next time', but I meant it. I don't want to interact with you as an admin ever again after this kind of shit. Holden may have been acting in his own right as security, but after admitting he only escalated to permabrig because I was badmouthing his security play, I kind of thought it would have been worth an admin taking a look at it. It pissed me off to no end when you flung it on me and brought up this pen shit when he admitted the real reason he permabrigged me, and I proved this to you. Even if it's a shit joke to poke people with an empty pen, it was a joke and I've been yelled at by admins for brigging people over supposed 'jokes' before, and I don't mean permabrig like Holden did.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Neerti
Rarely plays

Post by Neerti » #6738

It's pretty bad to sneak your way onto sybil where the ban didn't get mirrored. It's technically ban evasion but I'm not gonna increase your time or anything since it was my fault for forgetting to mirror it, but come on, really?
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #6739

"Sneak my way onto sybil"? I made no attempt to hide from you or leave the server even though I saw you were on the server. I even talked in deadchat after you did.

There's no rule against playing on Sybil if you're banned from Artyom and vice-versa(hint hint), so the only thing it is 'technically' is you being a poor admin or a decent reason for basil and arty to merge.

Don't get mad at me because you didn't do your job in addition to doing it poorly.

Edit:
Hell, I don't even see a rule on ban evasion here: http://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules

Try harder if you're going to accuse me of breaking rules that don't exist.
Neerti
Rarely plays

Post by Neerti » #6750

Isn't it kinda common sense to assume that if you were banned on a /tg/station server, you shouldn't play on a /tg/station server that just happened to have a seperate database (also this is changing).
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #6752

>i don't see a rule on ban evasion

stop
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #6753

Yeah but if you're going to hunt for reasons to increase my ban you'd better not hash out your mistake on me like it's my fault and it's fucking stupid of you to consider it ban evasion in the first place.
elyina wrote:>i don't see a rule on ban evasion

stop
The only reason I said that was so that the people who moderate the rules section of the forum can take the hint and add it.

Chances are low.
Last edited by paprika on Sun May 18, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neerti
Rarely plays

Post by Neerti » #6754

I didn't even increase the ban length.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #6755

You should lower it before I have to waste more of my time arguing why I shouldn't be banned for making an ahelp.

Yeah I was a shit eater, yeah I ranted after you made your decision and should have taken it to a ban request if I felt your judgement wouldn't be shared by other admins, but really? A 5 day ban for that?

Edit: I understand the policy on being aggressive in ahelps but the policy for admins is to mute people, not slap 'breaks' on them for it.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #6769

Read the fucking ahelp logs, would you? I was NEVER a dick oocly, only IC when I was chewing out Holden for being bad security. You probably got an IC and ahelp log confused, because you don't read posts fully apparently. I was at MOST a little passive aggressive when neerti started ignoring what I was saying but NEVER acted mean towards Neerti, why would I vent my rage on a fucking admin because someone IC was being an ass to me?
Brotemis
Byond Username: Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #6805

I had actually modified my original ban you to a permanent one so that you can appeal when you can act like an adult. I let it go because I don't hold grudges or whatever. Then neerti asks me on Sybil and tells me about this situation. And you're making me regret not making it stick.

You were demanding OOC intervention, you got it. He'll when I even made the original ban, I informed SOS who had nothing to say about it.

To make a potentially long post very short:

Quit being such a massive fucking cunt to everyone, Asshole
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #6809

You let it go? You permanently banned me for calling you a bad admin in OOC. That's so fucking immature I can't even begin to wonder what was going through your mind. "That'll show him", maybe?

Jesus dude, this is why I didn't want to appeal that ban in the first place. That "ACT LIKE AN ADULT" shit is the exact kind of condescension me and the rest of your critics hate. This also has basically nothing to do with my ban, so fuck off instead of using my appeal thread as a soapbox to be a fucking hypocrite in.

Edit: Done trying to argue about it. Consider this a waste of your time and feel free to deny and lock this thread. I'll wait it out if you really think handing 5 day bans out to people who ahelp is a great administration because there's clearly no convincing you, Neerti.