[No Longer Admin] HotelBravoLima

Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Re: HotelBravoLima

Post by Skorvold » #28531

Bottom post of the previous page:

I gave him a really mean review when I was a trialmin FNR. I'd like to publicly apologize for that. Only thing I have to say is he isn't around much anymore. In the past I feel like myself and others were too hard on HBL.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #33844

Always fun to talk to, a great admin, and likes my AI Satellite.

Keep on truckin!
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #34413

HBL is a good admin; he’s mischievous in all of his events that I’ve seen runned by more often than any other admin I’ve seen. His event’s makes me want to strangle him whenever it ruins my round, I laugh when he ruins other peoples round. Every time when it’s past the hour mark and HBL is on I start to become paranoid, even more so as the HoS or Cap.
HBL is funmin all the time, everytime.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #35490

Shit has to roll up hill before it rolls down hill. In other words, a joke about how military brass don't care about what the enlisted plebs are doing unless it affects them.

Which is why I'm coming to you HBL.

You're a headmin, I'm still not sure what exactly your responsibilities are but I'm sure you could have stepped in or thrown your authority around in some way which could have affected how the name policy issue went. I believe adminbus did not act according to the standards that SoS would have wanted them to in regards to having an unwritten policy that still isn't sufficiently written down.

Even if it's not your responsibility to care about these things, you're one of the few people who have the authority to productively give a fuck about it, unlike the powerless masses like myself who can only make easily disregarded forum posts. Please make an effort to force some sort of openness and reason into future policy changes, please.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #36167

I definitely understand where you're coming from, but hopefully the name policy will turn out to not affect most people. Mainly it's just fair warning that we'll stop tolerating some of the worst examples, because this is one area where, if you let things slide a little, they just keep sliding. More people see 'Hey, X did Y, I can surely do Z!' and we're off to the races, bit by bit. At least in my own personal experience.

There are some policies we consult people more on, and some less so. We can at least try to be more open about stuff, sometimes, but I can't promise total openness or that sometimes we won't make decisions that people disagree with. Tbh sometimes, not always, consulting 'the public' just results in less getting done.

EDIT: Fucking HBL removes admin feedback only to add it again? Elections when?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #52523

Bailed out halfway through another event tonight. My only legit complaint, otherwise he does great.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #64264

I think you've been doing remarkably good as of late. Your advice in the buses is greatly appreciated as well.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #64284

being taken out of the spotlight and the pressure of being a headmin has done a lot for him, but hes still abrasive in ooc
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Tunder
Byond Username: Tunderchief

Post by Tunder » #91239

One of the greatest event masters we've had.

Unfortunately he is and always has been abrasive and spiteful in ahelps and OOC, and likes to accuse players of being entitled while holding elitist views and stating on more than one occasion that admins are superior to players, which does wonders for the community atmosphere.

Haven't noticed much of a change since he dropped down to Game Master.
wól dir, spér, kriuze únde dorn,
wê dir, heiden, dáz ist dir zorn.
Hibbles

Post by Hibbles » #91323

For the first part, thank you.

For the second part, the obvious response anybody would say is that when they are angry or abrasive or spiteful, it's deserved. That's what I'd say about this too, but hey. I've gotten this bit of feedback multiple times so it's possible I'm wrong. It's been known to happen.
RIP
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #91326

You are wrong, You are not the nicest person to have PM you mid round.

But yeah, King of the event, In a time where button mashing is being waaaay overdone, Your button mashing is definitely a sought after thing.
If all these excess events were run like yours I doubt we'd be hearing so much bitching.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #91497

Generally rude in recent threads I've seen despite otherwise having pretty good judgement.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #106771

Remove this
Last edited by Tornadium on Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #107416

Ran some event that started off with centcom saying that people should vote for what kind of pet they'd like to be sent, and then asked for a prayer right after that. I prayed, thinking I would get to be that animal, but centcom said my contract was terminated and that I had to be put to work in the gulag. Okay, fine I thought, it's probably just to get rid of me IC so I can be the animal, so I didn't fight it and even declined someone who tried to bust me out since I thought that would fuck with the event. So I mined for a little while, then a little while longer, and suddenly I realize it's been 50 minutes of me sitting around doing nothing with no communication other than Centcom saying "STOP ICKY OCKYING" when I talked to another gulag dude about how I was a bit miffed that I was hung out to dry. Please don't dress up a prayer as being for something fun by saying "oh hey centcom is sending you guys a pet!" and then just making the reward for praying being gulag'd
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #107420

You missed it, but he was also telling sec to send everyone to the gulag who committed any crimes, it was pretty directionless and not what I expected from the king of events.

But I forgive you, everyone flops, even the king. Keep at it brah
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Doritos
Byond Username: Zaross

Post by Doritos » #107599

His idea of an event is "Dante Smith and everything he does is valid" so I signed up as HoS and killed everyone.

A+ event IMO.
lol
Hibbles

Post by Hibbles » #107884

I don't get it, I haven't been on today at all.
RIP
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #108411

HBL will one day rule this server once again
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #137036

Ran a thunderdome thing in a boring as shit malf round, and gave me a wish next game after I wiped the floor with everyone in varied combat.

Basically the best would headmin again
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #137101

Time has proven, HBL knows how to GM and GM well.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #137282

A good GM knows when to let players break his story. He's a goodmin.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #137473

Congrats Zil you have a good opinion for once
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #138325

he's ok