[QuartzCrystal] WeeYakk - Sec Job Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
WeeYakk
Byond Username: Yakk

[QuartzCrystal] WeeYakk - Sec Job Ban

Post by WeeYakk » #34640

Byond account and character name: WeeYakk - Nora Tuffy
Banning admin: QuartzCrystal - Why do I have to put this twice? It's already in the title.
Ban reason and length:"The reason is: A pretty crappy officer. Not checking with heads and permabrigging people for shoddy evidence. Didn't help you were a douche to an admin for no reason either. Appeal on the forums if you wish in a week." I assume it's permanent until I appeal it or something? Iunno.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 8:15~PM EST October 7th, 2014
Your side of the story:
Logs: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/177 ... 0pm%29.htm Start a little before the admin PMs begin, don't quite have the entire story from these.

Be sec officer. Mayan Steve, the clown, turns the captain into a monkey and kills him according to some witnesses over the radio, apparently someone called him a changeling but I'm already pretty certain he's not because there's an admin spawned carp dragging around random SEs. Regardless the rest of the sec team brigs him, says they can't find the captain's stuff on him, and release him because no proof. Legit. Later I catch him in the hallway bludgeoning Ol' Scruff to death with an extinguisher. I arrest him for attempted murder and upon searching him I find out the officers who searched him earlier did a bad job and found the pinpointer, the nuke disk, the captain's spare ID, and a box of IDs all in his backpack. Seeing as he's caused so much shit, stolen all these valuable items, and almost murdered a guy right in front of me I toss him into perma. The HoS had zero presence that round (I assume they were off ERPing like they usually are or dead. They only appear twice in the logs I posted.) and the warden had committed suicide shortly after Mayan's second arrest so there was no one to ask permission from to use perma. Rather than risk him going back out and causing more havoc I placed him into permabrig. When the shuttle docked I took him to the shuttle brig, as you should if you are an officer, where he survived until the round ended.

After I had put Mayan into perma Quartz begins to PM me about it, hounding me for the remainder of the round, and ultimately giving me a ban which I caught more for "muh admin disrespeck" rather than being a bad officer.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I dint do nuffin'
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Re: [QuartzCrystal] WeeYakk - Sec Job Ban

Post by Antonkr » #34643

Was captain that round. The geneticist was the one to monkey me, not Steve, but I have no comment on the ban otherwise. (Not saying that this was deserved or not etc)
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #34654

I'm all for Respect Mah Authoritah when we're talking business with players but from the log/image/thing posted above, can I point out that Yak didn't bring out the sass until they were already basically under attack? It seems reasonable to get upset or snippy at that point, given that they'd given the story to the admin but the admin pressed on.

Speaking of which, given the circumstances of the round, that there was like literally no command stricture to go to... I'm not sure how what Yakk did was bad at all. Space Station 13 is a game about limited information. I've heard somebody call TG Mafia in Space and that's kinda, yeah. How it goes. Thus, there will be times where you happen to be wrong about stuff, but admins should especially know that it's possible to just be wrong about stuff without being seven Hitlers.

I'd love to hear from Quartz about this.
RIP
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #34693

Yeh, this definitely needs a lift. Unless there is somehow more to it, which really doubt.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #34705

Technically, any GameMin can lift this; Quartz is a Trialmin on account of his extremely long absence leading up to now.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

Post by Saintish » #34738

Really, I wouldn't mind if this got lifted. It's not your fault some guy was bullshitting - and you really had no command structure to go by.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #34780

Just a few points of clarification, the HoS was not off ERPing (or at least I can't find any ERP in the logs), and you made no effort to contact them (in fact, at the end of the round when you dragged Mayan Steve through plasma filled hallways the HoS was with you). While I agree that perhaps the HoS could have been doing a better job, especially after the suicide of the warden, he was still active. Also, there was an active HoP who you could have consulted at any time (who originally detained Mayan Steve) and was the acting captain.

You were insistent that you were putting Mayan Steve in perma for two murders, despite the fact he never committed any. You didn't ask Steve why he was beating Ol' Scruff and you just assumed your fellow officers were incompetent when searching Steve previously, and didn't even consider that perhaps he picked up the items between the two searches. Steve tried to explain himself to you, and he raised the points I raised to you, but you just didn't give a fuck. Also, it's worth noting, that Steve was arrested and detained for the allegations he killed the captain and the acting captain who was detaining him had asked for evidence/witnesses over the radio and no one could come up with anything, which is why he was released.

You scoffed at the idea of questioning the supposed captain-murderer, or asking him any questions about the allegations made against him. Or even telling Steve you would just hold him until the captain is cloned. Security is held to a higher standard because they have the power to remove someone permanently from the round (more or less). You made assumptions and put zero effort into communicating with either of the two heads of staff you could have consulted, communicating with Mayan Steve or really with anyone else during this ordeal.

I made it clear that
Reply PM from-WeeYakk/(Nora Tuffy): Thats because I stopped him from killing Ol' Scruff as he was doing it #wow #whoa
had peev'd me and instead of taking Mayan Steve to the security pod, you dragged him through plasma which just added to this. I apologize for allowing this to annoy me so much.

But really, you had two heads of staff to consult and you put no effort into it. You also put no effort into talking with Mayan Steve at all. To reiterate, you threw him in perma for double murder, despite the fact he was already released based on a lack of evidence on the first and you literally stopped the potential second one from happening.

EDIT: Also, I have no issue with this being lifted if Saintish has no issue. But I think the points of clarification I make are relevant.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #34823

Yeah, sorry Quartz, but there's a reason everybody, Saintish included, is willing to cut some slack on this one. I strongly advise you to observe more situations like this and understand that shit happens, people make mistakes, and people have limited information in a dynamic round. In fact, that's rather the whole point.

Also, that Yak didn't act ideally isn't surprising given that literally nobody acts ideally. Ideally, you act only when you have solid evidence. Ideally, you never just go off hunches or guesses or rumors. Ideally, you give each case consideration and show caution...

But that's so not how it goes, even in calm times.

Gonna lift this now.
RIP
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #34826

No worries. Sorry to WeeYakk. Similar bans wont happen in the future from me.