Add a Mulligan roundtype.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Add a Mulligan roundtype.

Post by AnonymousNow » #120219

I posted this in the ideas thread, but I felt it was important enough to post here.
When triggered at roundstart, it checks for admin presence - if there are some, it prompts them to press buttons. If it doesn't get an admin response in five minutes, or if no admins are on from the beginning, it Mulligans either into a bunch of random events or an actual antagonist type.
This fixes all the issues people had with extended whilst giving admins the blank slate they need for the more interesting events. Best events and button-pressing sprung unbidden from Extended rounds; I miss that.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: Add a Mulligan roundtype.

Post by Deitus » #120229

AnonymousNow wrote:I posted this in the ideas thread, but I felt it was important enough to post here.
When triggered at roundstart, it checks for admin presence - if there are some, it prompts them to press buttons. If it doesn't get an admin response in five minutes, or if no admins are on from the beginning, it Mulligans either into a bunch of random events or an actual antagonist type.
This fixes all the issues people had with extended whilst giving admins the blank slate they need for the more interesting events. Best events and button-pressing sprung unbidden from Extended rounds; I miss that.
sounds like a good idea to me but could potentially cause a lot of salt from people, so i dont know if it would be able to go through
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #120251

Escalation roundtype: Every 10 minutes an extra random type of antagonist is added.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #120275

CPTANT wrote:Escalation roundtype: Every 10 minutes an extra random type of antagonist is added.
tensioner b o y s
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #120278

I also suggested Escalation (though I called mine Cascade, and put it at 15 minutes instead). It's less Tensioner and more a deliberate clusterfuck, as several types of antagonist begin to converge on one station at more or less the same time.

I'm still holding out for Mulligan, though. It's a roundtype which allows for more frequent on-the-fly events without getting people stuck in endless rounds where nothing happens (which in my experience doesn't happen anyway, as a paranoid crew will turn in on itself and become its own antagonists, but it was a semi-common complaint for Extended, so eh).
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #121685

Pretty good idea.