Shock torture device

A place to record your ideas for the game.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Shock torture device

Post by DrPillzRedux » #139125

Cables + wirecutters + battery = torture device. Use it in questioning perps to get that syndi info out of them. Would function the same as an emagged defib but cause the electrical skeleton effect.

Maybe even a way to strip down the cables to create a line trap?

[youtube]elttXVF_rJA[/youtube]
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Knaive
Byond Username: Knaive

Re: Shock torture device

Post by Knaive » #139127

what's wrong with using the electropack?
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #139128

Knaive wrote:what's wrong with using the electropack?
It doesn't do diddly and looks stupid. Jabbing a guy with shocked wire cutters is also more thematic than a goofy backpack.

Plus electropacks aren't available to most of the crew.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #139130

Too bad torture is worthless on this server
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #139132

Torture is a pretty fucking dark route to go down honestly. Why debase our selves further, there's already lifeweb for stuff like that.

But honestly it's only really a roleplay devise, wouldn't have any gameplay mechanics, and if you really REALLY wanted to go down that path and somehow evaded a ban for being a creepy motherfucker, why couldn't you just use a battery and cable and emote it? Why does it need a coded item?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #139139

It already is coded pretty much with the defib. I once caught a traitor doc who had an emagged one. Dragged him in for questioning and used it on him until he'd tell me the name of another traitor. It actually worked. Not everything needs a pure MUST ADD NEW ELEMENT OR ADVANTAGE IN GAMEPLAY function. I mean we have the holodeck, the bar, video game machines, a ton of clothes, and a bunch of other shit that is either fluff or meant to promote RP. I also fail to see how you can compare a small shock to something like cutting off limbs/genitals/rape as in lifeweb.

I also once tortured a clown traitor by eating his banana in front of him but that's another tale.

a correct post by pillz
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #139143

Didn't you suggest a vast amount of torture ideas a few months ago which got shot down for being shitty, pointless, and slightly creepy?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #139147

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Didn't you suggest a vast amount of torture ideas a few months ago which got shot down for being shitty, pointless, and slightly creepy?
Considering I've only been back for 4 months, no.

a correct post by pillz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #139179

c r e e p e e
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #139180

I like the way you think
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #139209

How about being able to put restrained people on the firing range's stand?
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #139224

What's the point? If someone doesn't want to tell you, they won't. It's not like real life, there's no reason to react to pain.

Besides, there are several objects that do this sort of stuff already. Just be imaginative, we don't need to add objects specifically for one grim purpose.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #139234

If they don't tell you under torture, execute and cremate them. When they adminhelp, simply explain they were a proven changeling - no human would be able to resist that much pain without reacting.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #139241

People don't RP enough for this to be worthwhile.
You "torture" someone, they'll just ghost when they figure they're not going to be let go afterwards.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #139247

i tortured holden mcgroin once by blindfolding him after sleepypen and burning him with a cigarette lighter in the vacant office. i told him i implanted him with a bomb and if he didn't steal me diamonds i would blow him up, and then i removed his eyes and told him to say it was the HOS or i'd blow him up

i got the diamond
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #139250

Jacquerel wrote:People don't RP enough for this to be worthwhile.
You "torture" someone, they'll just ghost when they figure they're not going to be let go afterwards.
Exactly. Just like in real life, you'll get more reliable results out of a vaguely friendly conversation. A proportion of people won't talk no matter what, but of those that will, torture is rarely your best option. If nothing else, they get fed up and just tell you to eat a dick eventually.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #139256

we have electric chairs already, which shock and do heavy damage
and electropacks shock and do no damage
but you want a shock that does a little damage?
why not just use an electric chair reee
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #139262

Electric chairs are for executions.

a correct post by pillz
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #139268

Imagine hooking up a chair to a single powercell.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #139271

Jesus christ the lizard fuckgang has exhausted all possible options at this point and are getting into some darker shit.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #139272

So that 's where the kidney mechanics suggestion came from.

Sticky, fuck you for opening my eyes. I wanted to be the only innocent lizard left.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #139274

I'm seriously questioning if some of you genuinely need some sort of professional help. It just doesn't seem like a healthy attitude to want to add torture to a game. Maybe you've become number from other entertainment sources and figure "it's only a game" except it's a game where you role play and mentally invest some emotion, thought and immersion into said role. It just seems crazy to me to be discussing the idea of implementing an object to go down that path.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #139282

No they of course want to make poignant hard hitting commentary on the devastation and horror caused in real life by torture through shocking each others scaley nipples
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #139283

it seems a little silly to balk considering you can beat someone to a bloody death with a million horribly brutal objects already, i mean, having your skull slowly caved in by a blood-soaked madman wielding a toolbox can't exactly be considered "lighthearted"

i mean, unless you're of the opinion that torture is bad but gruesome death with blunt object is okay? which i mean, alright but it's a little strange as ethics go.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #139288

Because torture is extended with plenty of time for being a creepy motherfucker. Yes it's technically possible to do at the moment but adding mechanics like this just encourages degenerates getting off to this shit. You people know who you are. Mainly because I call you liggers a lot.

I don't trust anyone here to do anything good with tools like that. Look what the fuckers have done with what they have already
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #139291

i get off on there not being torture in the game

checkmate atheists
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #139295

Torture did nothing wrong.

a correct post by pillz
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #139322

MEAT SPIKES.