[Ikarrus] Stickymayhem - Silicon Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

[Ikarrus] Stickymayhem - Silicon Ban

Post by Stickymayhem » #4068

Byond account and character name: Stickymayhem [VALUE]
Banning admin: Ikarrus
Ban reason and length: Had his cyborgs execute someone for being a changeling due to heavy suspicion, but no actual proof. This would be his fourth silicon jobban. Indefinite
Time ban was placed (including time zone): GMT 17:00~

Your side of the story: I was banned for 'Having my cyborgs execute someone'. This was, in fact, a misunderstanding. Ikarrus pulled a quote from way earlier in the round when it was all but confirmed that Tim Ebow was a ling. While I shouldn't have made the statement, I soon ammended it in many ways. Tim Ebow ended up killed by my cyborg because he himself made a mistake in reading what I had stated in the binary channel. He thought the command to get the guy in EVA was a kill command, while the related information about being careful in making sure Tim Ebow was said immediately afterwards.

Here are some snippets:

This is what I was banned for:

Code: Select all

Robotic Talk, VALUE (AI) states, "He is a changeling. Arrest and terminate."
Admittedly this was a mistake, but I quickly ammended it upon realizing he wasn't a totally confirmed changeling.

Robotic Talk, VALUE (AI) states, "Tim Ebow is at EVA"
Robotic Talk, VALUE (AI) states, "Get him now"
Robotic Talk, VALUE (AI) states, "He is likely the bomber"
Robotic Talk, VALUE (AI) states, "Warning, there are two Tim Ebows, one may be human."
The borg who committed the killing later said it was his mistake and not mine:

OOC: Monotonical: Woah yeah sorry
OOC: Monotonical: Someone told me he was non-human, I must've mixed up names
OOC: Monotonical: Shit sorry
OOC: Monotonical: You can quote me saying it was a misunderstanding on my part
The nature of changeling rounds is that people get mistakenly killed. I'm happy to agree that I was in the wrong in calling him out, but I clearly told them to be careful and that one Tim Ebow would be a human. A large part of this was a miscommunication, as there were two Tim Ebow's due to a genetics mix-up, during a very loud traitor round. Both were therefore highly suspicious, and when one did a mass bombing all around the station, I told the borgs to apprehend him. The borg accidentally thought I meant to kill him.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I didn't ruin anyone's round, and everyone agreed it was an unfair ban, particularly as Ikarrus left immediately afterwards and refused to discuss it with me any further. It was entirely a misunderstanding in multiple instances that led to this, a chain of unfortunate circumstances that led to the borg making a mistake and killing the traitor instead of disabling him.

Logs: http://pastebin.com/DbnbAvjy
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Monotonical

Re: [Ikarrus] Stickymayhem - Silicon Ban

Post by Monotonical » #4075

I was the borg in question, the whole thing was a huge misunderstanding my part everyone was saying Tim Ebow was non-human and as was said above the AI informed us (the borgs) that Tim was at EVA and to "Get him" which I interpreted as the Ai indentifying him as the non-human (it later turned out that neither of the two Tims was a changeling) and since I was at the bridge I hauled ass there and beat him to death with a fire extingusher.
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Post by Durkel » #4115

Just for clarification, Although I am the original Tim Ebow, I'm not the one involved in the killing. I was the bomber and had destroyed the destroyed the station, however the killing and such forth was just some guy who stole my SE in genetics. If you want the other guy's story you'll have to find his ckey and not mine. Just wanted to clear that up before someone tried to direct me to this.
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #4156

I stand by my assertion that as an AI you must have no less than irrefutable evidence that someone is a changeling before you can have them killed, lest you end up killing an actual human (Neither Tim Ebows were changelings). The reasoning you gave me at the time did not convince me that you had enough to go on in the first place to condemn him as a changeling, which was why I issued a penalty at the time.

I'm going to lift the jobbans, but the record will stay, and I want to make my assertion clear here.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?