Search found 227 matches

Return to advanced search

Re: [Arianya] Arathian Kebabopoulos - 14 days server ban - 30 day ghost role ban

You weren't kidding about the long response. I am extremely busy IRL today and tomorrow so I will possibly not have time to respond in these 2 days. I do intend to though, so this appeal remains open until then. Nevertheless, I will agree that we will probably need a headmin ruling on this. I just a...
by Arathian
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:52 pm
 
Forum: Resolved Appeals
Topic: [Arianya] Arathian Kebabopoulos - 14 days server ban - 30 day ghost role ban
Replies: 12
Views: 1653

Re: [Arianya] Arathian Kebabopoulos - 14 days server ban - 30 day ghost role ban

Thank you skeletal. Mods please don't delete that one, it's relevant and something I would like to expand upon. Ok, my initial appeal is a bit on the >MAD side, but 2 days passed and I calmed down a bit. There are 2 main reasons I am upset by this ban: 1) I was online and active when this ban happen...
by Arathian
Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:20 pm
 
Forum: Resolved Appeals
Topic: [Arianya] Arathian Kebabopoulos - 14 days server ban - 30 day ghost role ban
Replies: 12
Views: 1653
PostThis post was deleted by peoplearestrange on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:25 am.
Reason: reply to peanut
PostThis post was deleted by peoplearestrange on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:27 am.
Reason: Reply to peanut

Re: [Arianya] Arathian Kebabopoulos - 14 days server ban - 30 day ghost role ban

Im not an admin but. I like to point out that ash walkers have all the shelter and can rcd their way over lava. They can also smelt ores with their campfire or using lava to refill their rcd They can create an shelter everywhere as they please also making it ash proof with create area button usuall...
by Arathian
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:10 pm
 
Forum: Resolved Appeals
Topic: [Arianya] Arathian Kebabopoulos - 14 days server ban - 30 day ghost role ban
Replies: 12
Views: 1653

[Arianya] Arathian Kebabopoulos - 14 days server ban - 30 day ghost role ban

BYOND account: Arathian Character name: Random ashlizard name Ban type: 14d server ban, 30d ghost ban Ban reason: As a ghost, scouted out path to station and local area for ashlizard spawn, then discussed with another player in ghost chat about optimizing their gameplay to get to station quickly. O...
by Arathian
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:12 pm
 
Forum: Resolved Appeals
Topic: [Arianya] Arathian Kebabopoulos - 14 days server ban - 30 day ghost role ban
Replies: 12
Views: 1653

[Arianya] Arathian Kebabopoulos - 14 days server ban

BYOND account: Arathian Character name: Random ashlizard name, fuck if I remember Ban type: server ban, role ban Ban length: 14 days server ban, 4 fucking week lavaland roles Ban reason: As a ghost, scouted out path to station and local area for ashlizard spawn, then discussed with another player i...
by Arathian
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:12 am
 
Forum: For No Reason Trash
Topic: [Arianya] Arathian Kebabopoulos - 14 days server ban
Replies: 2
Views: 670

Re: Rework Cult Stun

I dunno who you are mr. Robustin but your post was great.

And also, thank.you. "i don't car3 what the acrual statistics say the winrate is. MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE SHOWS XXX" posts are braindead.
by Arathian
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:04 pm
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: Rework Cult Stun
Replies: 82
Views: 3132

Re: Ashwalkers discussion thread

Here's the thing, these are reasonable restrictions. If we give the ashlizards the full greenlight and no changes, powergaming chucklefucks will abuse them to death as "free antag" and then some no-fun-allowed, ided retard will code in some crippling nerf that will make them never able to ...
by Arathian
Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:10 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ashwalkers discussion thread
Replies: 36
Views: 1557

Re: Ashwalkers discussion thread

god no. just because a controversial option won don't run the role into the ground. who even wants to invade the station anymore? i'm content on lavaland if the station can't fend off a minority with spears, poor armour and the inability to use guns then they're fucked With 60% first choice, I don'...
by Arathian
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:54 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ashwalkers discussion thread
Replies: 36
Views: 1557

Re: Manuel Testmerge #49042: 'Adds speech sounds'

I really don't like it but I guess I can see how some would like it.

It doesn't have a direct gameplay effect (like footsteps do) so it should have a toggle option.
by Arathian
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:47 am
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Testmerge #49042: 'Adds speech sounds'
Replies: 39
Views: 1829

Re: Ashwalkers discussion thread

Anuv wrote:I'm glad this was done fuck miners. Some of the most memorable rounds involved ash lizard invasions


based and redpilled
by Arathian
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:37 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ashwalkers discussion thread
Replies: 36
Views: 1557

Re: Ashwalkers discussion thread

So me and zxaber had a talk about the code thing: flavour text will be altered Default egg spawn will be one (the initial one) but will be able to be increased by performing sacrifices Ashlizards will be restricted from using machinery (not computers, so shuttle is still usable). Ashlizards will be ...
by Arathian
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:31 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ashwalkers discussion thread
Replies: 36
Views: 1557

Re: Ashwalkers discussion thread

zxaber, I think looted mechs should be allowed. Consider restricting them from being able to use any type of machinery so they can't print mechs or weapons or tools or anything really. The idea behind ashlizards is "loot whatever you can". Also 1 egg total is on the low side I feel. Can yo...
by Arathian
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:08 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ashwalkers discussion thread
Replies: 36
Views: 1557

Re: Ashwalkers discussion thread

First of all, the winning result was the one I personally voted for and I was extremely in favour for. However, ashlizards should be given some restrictions, especially around "powergaming". For example, subverting the AI, or building mechs, or printing stuff etc should not be allowed or b...
by Arathian
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:14 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ashwalkers discussion thread
Replies: 36
Views: 1557

Ashwalkers discussion thread

The poll results are in: https://tgstation13.org/tgdb/irvpolltally.php?id=223 It is overwhelmingly in favour of Ash Walkers can invade the station at their will, with restrictions against mass destruction (such as SM delaminations). So, let's discuss ashlizards with that framework in mind! I'll writ...
by Arathian
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:12 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Ashwalkers discussion thread
Replies: 36
Views: 1557

Re: Twaticus

I thanked twat on discord for being an amazing admeme on Terry last week, but y'know, let it be said here for the record too. Twat has been nothing but professional and amazing to interact with. I never had a problem with (apparently her?) rulings. Quick to respond and super cordial. And not a banbo...
by Arathian
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:03 pm
 
Forum: Admin Feedback
Topic: Twaticus
Replies: 29
Views: 2448

Re: DoctorBrutality

Yes timonk, you autistic chimpanzee, we do like you.
by Arathian
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:48 pm
 
Forum: Former Admins
Topic: [No Longer Admin] DoctorBrutality
Replies: 37
Views: 2905

Re: Examining abductor gland thingies

Inspect it.

Tells you its unique description that matches the wiki one so you know which one does what.
by Arathian
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:43 pm
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Examining abductor gland thingies
Replies: 3
Views: 335

Re: DoctorBrutality

pugie wrote:I love imsxz


I love spiders.

Edgar "Poop" Pope is a good lad too.

Sseth representation too!
by Arathian
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:25 am
 
Forum: Former Admins
Topic: [No Longer Admin] DoctorBrutality
Replies: 37
Views: 2905

Re: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK

Anonmare wrote:
skoglol wrote:You are wrong.

Afraid you're wrong this time Skogol, maxed out cloners could absolutely clone ling victims.


Yeah, I am not crazy. t3+ cloners could revive everyone, including succ'd, braindamaged, husked etc
by Arathian
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:14 am
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK
Replies: 468
Views: 19185

Re: Rework Cult Stun

On discussions of balance (which this thread is), the current state of balance matters.

Also, I like cult. Liking or not liking cult is personal preference and, as far as I know, we haven't had any official polling on the popularity of cult.
by Arathian
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:43 pm
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: Rework Cult Stun
Replies: 82
Views: 3132

Re: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK

Upgraded cloner could fix succ'd individuals I believe. Might have been at least tier 3 though.

Someone correct me if I am wrong. I am not 100% on it.

The equivalent in this new system would be a higher level chemical to fix the brain.
by Arathian
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:58 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK
Replies: 468
Views: 19185

Re: Rework Cult Stun

also cult and revs both have people holding something in hand before they stun you??? please stop making up facts. it isnt undetectable, it doesnt have zero counterplay. if a scary man runs out of maint with a glowing red hand you should run back instead of trying to fight him and getting stunned/s...
by Arathian
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:11 pm
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: Rework Cult Stun
Replies: 82
Views: 3132

Re: Rework Cult Stun

keep in mind that cult gets rolled over a LOT even with "retarded OP" stuns, even when cult has very good players. i see it happen all the time, it happens to me all the time.i doubt a stun rework will cripple cult, but keep that in mind before we start slamming the nerf hammer on whateve...
by Arathian
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:03 pm
 
Forum: Ideas
Topic: Rework Cult Stun
Replies: 82
Views: 3132

Re: Stun Baton: Best Melee or Benchmark for Change?

Ok.

Enjoy the shitshow then.
by Arathian
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:42 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Stun Baton: Best Melee or Benchmark for Change?
Replies: 45
Views: 1559

Re: Stun Baton: Best Melee or Benchmark for Change?

argument to culture It's also a correct argument. The baton is on the top 3 of most recognizable ss13 items. It also doesn't carry complaints in-game ever since the change to stamina combat. Yeeting it without a really good reasoning is bad form. If you want people to get behind removing one of the...
by Arathian
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:28 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Stun Baton: Best Melee or Benchmark for Change?
Replies: 45
Views: 1559

Re: Stun Baton: Best Melee or Benchmark for Change?

A lot of weapons are built around this item existing as well so things like desword and carp must be looked at together with the baton removal Or, we could just not remove one of the most iconic items in this game. That is also fairly balanced since the stam change and basically everyone likes. May...
by Arathian
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:36 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Stun Baton: Best Melee or Benchmark for Change?
Replies: 45
Views: 1559

Re: Stun Baton: Best Melee or Benchmark for Change?

Didn't we just do a whole thing about trying to prolong the shift and make death more meaningful and harder to come back from. And now the official direction goes to "btw seccies should gun down people by default"? edit: also, didn't you wanna buff sec like...3 months ago? We had a whole b...
by Arathian
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:52 am
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Stun Baton: Best Melee or Benchmark for Change?
Replies: 45
Views: 1559
PostThis post was deleted by peoplearestrange on Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:56 pm.
Reason: personal opinion

Re: Referencing emojis in game

You are not my real mum you can't tell me what I can or can't do. Smiling emoji with triangle nose pointing upwards
by Arathian
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:27 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Referencing emojis in game
Replies: 31
Views: 1094

Re: Prisoner Role Policy Thread

I think making them sometimes antag, sometimes not antag, mostly loose escalation a-la purged AI/golems is the solution. But that would require a code solution, but I'll post it in both threads since its relevant in both.
by Arathian
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:31 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Prisoner Role Policy Thread
Replies: 46
Views: 2994

Re: Prisoner Feedback

Controversial take but I want them to have full antag rules, anything goes. This way Sec has a great incentive to keep them locked up, and it gives almost every shift a chance for a full blown traitor even if it's greenshift or the actual traitors die off early. There should be a chance they are a ...
by Arathian
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:50 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Prisoner Feedback
Replies: 20
Views: 798
PostThis post was deleted by Plapatin on Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:51 am.
Reason: not admin feedback

Re: Prisoner Feedback

There was a great idea in the PR and now that antag freeze is over:

Antag objective to break out a prisoner from his cell and have his escape on the shuttle alive and well.
by Arathian
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:36 am
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Prisoner Feedback
Replies: 20
Views: 798

Re: Manuel - Round length and player count

Feels slow as fuck. Also the lowpop is 70, so in comparison 50 is super duper lowpop. I am a ssethtider and 70 is not lowpop by any definition of lowpop. By any definition of it. 70 is highpop. 50 is when highpop starts, really, with 30-50 being midpop. This isn't an old vs new thing. This is just ...
by Arathian
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:57 pm
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Manuel - Round length and player count
Replies: 20
Views: 1080

Re: Make nuke ops admin-only.

No.
by Arathian
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:21 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Make nuke ops admin-only.
Replies: 30
Views: 1213

Re: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK

Update of sorts? I still see a lot of dead bodies never fixed/fixed so slowly they go perma-ssd. When a huge problem breaks out, bodies simply never get fixed. I was cult leader today and we had some fights and, guess what, security collapsed because no one got fixed. I eventually simply waltzed int...
by Arathian
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:23 am
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK
Replies: 468
Views: 19185

Re: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK

The conclusion of "doctors are frustrated doing a sisyphean task" is not "they will do it, they have nothing better to do", it's they will stop being doctors or quit all together. This is simple logic. Except Medbay mains seem mostly supportive of this change and I've seen Medbay...
by Arathian
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:49 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK
Replies: 468
Views: 19185

Re: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK

It's not like MD players have a lot of things to do. They're either fixing the living, which takes precedence over the dead anyway, or reviving the dead. The alternative is doing nothing. Actually, since reviving is now an active process instead of press-and-wait, it's more likely that bored MDs wi...
by Arathian
Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:57 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK
Replies: 468
Views: 19185

Re: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK

Right so cloning DOES still exist. Just needs more steps. The point im making is why not making cloning pods MORE complicated, make it so cloning someone requires effort? A thing akin to genetics or something? At the very least, this would fit with empty cloning. Someone's body is way too fucked? p...
by Arathian
Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:54 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK
Replies: 468
Views: 19185

Re: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK

Sheodir wrote:The SM is something that if improperly setup will literally end the videogame for everyone on the station pretty damn fast. The equivalency is truthful.


Multiple people have to set up a total of 1 SM. It's not comparable to the steady stream of dead bodies.
by Arathian
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:47 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK
Replies: 468
Views: 19185

Re: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK

We all wish we were as good as you sheodir.

Unfortunately, since the standard player isn't as amazing and perfect at ss13 as you, maybe we should consider that in the balancing?
by Arathian
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:09 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK
Replies: 468
Views: 19185

Re: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK

And with cloning there, it is.


And the game is balanced around that in LRP servers, hence why it feels bad.
by Arathian
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:56 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK
Replies: 468
Views: 19185

Re: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK

So how do you fix when a traitor just murdered 2/3rds of sec and all of engi and we have a delam incoming and also there are reports of lings in maint fast enough? Because that was literally the scenario last night. Previously, it was balanced by at least chucking a few corpses in cloning and surger...
by Arathian
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:44 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK
Replies: 468
Views: 19185

Re: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK

Manuel has been doing fine too. Doublepost because, holy shit, this is the most retarded counter-argument. Of course it's fine on servers where you are not allowed to tide or escalate and it's 30% or so extended and rounds last for 4 hours. How is that a counter-argument to the fact that, in most s...
by Arathian
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:38 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK
Replies: 468
Views: 19185

Re: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK

Event hall has been doing pretty well with it, this says more about the player mentality on terry tbh. Event hall has way less antags, has mostly newbies who don't know how to be destructive and it has an increased chance of extended. Of course "no cloning" does better on the server where...
by Arathian
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:35 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK
Replies: 468
Views: 19185

Re: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK

So, I played a few games with removed cloning last night on Terry (Dynamic): If someone beheads you, I have never, ever seen someone get fixed from that. Same with organ spill. Doctors will try to patch you up and resurrect you with missing organs and simply ignore your head if you are beheaded. Fra...
by Arathian
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:39 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: CLONING REMOVAL FEEDBACK
Replies: 468
Views: 19185

Re: Create a EU MRP server?

Euro here:

Not really needed, RP servers are, by their nature, meant to be slower paced. Lower ping is needed in normal servers because if you don't have quick reactions, you get gamer'd. That's not how it works on manuel so manuel is fine for euros to play on too.
by Arathian
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:30 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Create a EU MRP server?
Replies: 17
Views: 843

Re: Manuel: What game modes actually fit the server rules?

I think cult/revs etc should remain but the antags should be watched over by the admins and be forced to roleplay. No silently kidnapping people etc You have to make a base and pretty it up, you have to organize, you have to RP a bit your kidnappings etc Cult specifically should probably not have sp...
by Arathian
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:54 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Manuel: What game modes actually fit the server rules?
Replies: 63
Views: 2855
Next

Return to advanced search