Search found 2446 matches

Return to advanced search

Re: Put dynamic on all servers

The fact that dynamic *can* happen means the call “there’s a ling so no cult” is never correct. It's a 13% chance of being wrong with a 0% chance if centcom report is checked the two shift types reports are different (dynamic's one is actually good) The shift report is kinda stupid anyway. It made ...
by Grazyn
Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:48 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Put dynamic on all servers
Replies: 57
Views: 5532

Re: Can the AI harm harmful non humans?

Protip: if you're non-human and you get caught in the act of attacking a human by a borg, don't fight it but focus on finishing the human: once he's dead, human harm is no longer occurring and the silicon won't be compelled to fight you anymore.
by Grazyn
Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:44 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Can the AI harm harmful non humans?
Replies: 50
Views: 3885

Re: Money is worthless

Money is an RP tool and it's fine as it is
by Grazyn
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:07 pm
 
Forum: Coding Feedback
Topic: Money is worthless
Replies: 35
Views: 3066

Re: Take Terry off Dynamic

I'd just add dynamic to secret on all servers and put Terry on regular rotation as well. Having it in secret spices things up while still keeping traditional single antag-type modes. Personally I disagree, since you can occasionally on high pop get team lings/traitors and nuke ops, but the Tots/lin...
by Grazyn
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:18 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Take Terry off Dynamic
Replies: 44
Views: 3807

Re: Take Terry off Dynamic

I'd just add dynamic to secret on all servers and put Terry on regular rotation as well. Having it in secret spices things up while still keeping traditional single antag-type modes.
by Grazyn
Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:04 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Take Terry off Dynamic
Replies: 44
Views: 3807

Re: Take Terry off Dynamic

How does antag priority works for traitors? Can you join the cult to get closer to your assassination target who is a cultist or are you forced to obey the "no team-killing" rule? Can you kill him but you have to help the cult? Or can you ignore your cultist allegiance altogether?
by Grazyn
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:16 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Take Terry off Dynamic
Replies: 44
Views: 3807

Re: Take Terry off Dynamic

skoglol wrote:When did you play grazyn? Changes were made to fix stacking bugs, as well as reduce the frequency of round enders a month or so ago.

Yeah it was a couple months ago. Good to know it was fixed, it made rounds very predictable (cult or rev, and if nothing happens in the first 20 minutes it's nukes)
by Grazyn
Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:30 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Take Terry off Dynamic
Replies: 44
Views: 3807

Re: Take Terry off Dynamic

I played on Terry because EU and thought dynamic was fun at first, then I realized every round is either cult or rev and it's awful for long-term projects
by Grazyn
Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:08 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Take Terry off Dynamic
Replies: 44
Views: 3807

Re: Make Escalation Rules more specific

Every item in game can be a weapon and we can't reasonably expect logs to track everything. That's why "He was coming right for me and I felt threatened" will never be a solid argument for escalating to murder.
by Grazyn
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:56 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Make Escalation Rules more specific
Replies: 33
Views: 3771

Re: Hot Keys Help before I go insane

It doesn't happen because everyone uses the popup to talk
by Grazyn
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:52 pm
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Hot Keys Help before I go insane
Replies: 54
Views: 5183

Re: Re-evaluate the relation between community and codebase

From what I understand coders actually like Oranges as head honcho so maybe don't try to fix what isn't broken? That can easily be because of self selection. People who don't like whomever is headcoder are less likely to spend significant amount of time working on a codebase. Also who wants to risk...
by Grazyn
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:03 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Re-evaluate the relation between community and codebase
Replies: 46
Views: 4439

Re: Re-evaluate the relation between community and codebase

To add to what Ari said, most players aren't able to make informed decisions on coding skill, code quality and oversight. Letting the people who actually do decide who is head honcho is the best way to ensure the codebase is in good hands. Managing the codebase requires a fair amount of technical s...
by Grazyn
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:30 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Re-evaluate the relation between community and codebase
Replies: 46
Views: 4439

Re: Hot Keys Help before I go insane

>see people getting flashed
>start typing "IT'S REVS" but stop because you realize it's against the rules
>rev walks up to you and hits you
>"IT'S REVS-GLORF!"
>banned for OOC in IC
by Grazyn
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:12 am
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Hot Keys Help before I go insane
Replies: 54
Views: 5183

Re: are desynced malf borgs still actually antagonists though

The obvious approach would be to interpret it like a regular law: you must accomplish your AI's objectives, you don't have an AI, so the law doesn't mean anything and should be ignored until you have an AI. However, it's important to stress that the "accomplish your objectives at all costs"...
by Grazyn
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:22 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: are desynced malf borgs still actually antagonists though
Replies: 17
Views: 1666

Re: Make Escalation Rules more specific

If you don't want to open that up, here's the most important part of the revision. 171837737387.PNG This is going to be an administrative mess because "brandishing" things isn't logged AFAIK so how are admins going to investigate appeals such as "Yes I know logs show me hitting him f...
by Grazyn
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:15 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Make Escalation Rules more specific
Replies: 33
Views: 3771

Re: Re-evaluate the relation between community and codebase

As long as the project is open source, "community has no influence" is never going to be a real argument because you can just join the project and influence it yourself.
by Grazyn
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:51 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Re-evaluate the relation between community and codebase
Replies: 46
Views: 4439

Re: Classic traitoring tactics that need to be used more

so it's not a tator tell, do it on regular rounds too I'm pretty sure half the playerbase subscribes to the "act like a shitter every round so it's not an antag tell" mindset. The ol' Pax tactic. Add in aggressively ahelping whenever sec players start to metagrudge you, so that they are a...
by Grazyn
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:44 am
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Classic traitoring tactics that need to be used more
Replies: 92
Views: 9826

Re: On felinids

Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is why we need an autocat

I agree
by Grazyn
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:48 pm
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: On felinids
Replies: 79
Views: 8733

Re: On felinids

i voted a few days ago that they should be a roundstart race again thinking the furry panic thing was idiotic and overblown but this thread makes me think i was wrong Ah the good old "I was totally in favour of this thing but the people who are in favour of this thing annoy me so much I'm voti...
by Grazyn
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:17 am
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: On felinids
Replies: 79
Views: 8733

Re: Results of the felinid vote

wesoda25 wrote:Is there a current vote to disable rn or something?

Yes but it will be binding or non-binding depending on the results
by Grazyn
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:07 pm
 
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Results of the felinid vote
Replies: 171
Views: 25417

Re: TTV Simulation or I Have Too Much Time

we'll change the bomb equations again, don't test us Research points are capped and the wiki already explains how to reach the cap in one boom. Explosion size is capped too. So even if they figure out the secret bomb theory of everything, there will be no difference in game except for higher number...
by Grazyn
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:37 am
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: TTV Simulation or I Have Too Much Time
Replies: 18
Views: 2016

Re: On felinids

The legacy thing was supposed to be a gateway to eventual discontinuation of felinids, but apparently they're still getting new stuff (es. the chocolate reaction thing) so I guess they're a limited premium unique mythic rare feature now.
by Grazyn
Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:37 pm
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: On felinids
Replies: 79
Views: 8733

Re: On Mindshield Implants, what they do and don't mean.

Being mindshielded does not mean you have to validhunt, or actively aid sec or heads. Not that you can't help them, but you don't have to help them. Especially if heads of staff and security are being particularly brutal enough to, under normal circumstances, warrant a crew revolt. In that situatio...
by Grazyn
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:27 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: On Mindshield Implants, what they do and don't mean.
Replies: 13
Views: 1272

Re: Hulks and radios.

Tarchonvaagh wrote:So basically, when an asshole geneticist gives away hulk, and the radio is being a screamfest, what should you do?

Kill them. Hulks who are actively destroying things are valid, and hulks only scream on radio when they're destroying things. So, just go and kill them.
by Grazyn
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:01 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Hulks and radios.
Replies: 15
Views: 1604

Re: Discord Rule 12 is silly.

No. If you're called as a witness, you can't refuse to testify. Contempt of court applies if you don't. https://www.shouselaw.com/what-happens-if-a-victim-or-witness-refuses-to-testify your own link notes: there are legal reasons to refuse to testify. The reasons should be presented to the court at...
by Grazyn
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:31 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Discord Rule 12 is silly.
Replies: 38
Views: 4458

Re: Discord Rule 12 is silly.

oranges wrote:in this case you are already incriminated, by some other evidence indicating you know about a leak, and the person who made it

Isn't this thread about whether knowing about a leak should be a crime at all?
by Grazyn
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:05 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Discord Rule 12 is silly.
Replies: 38
Views: 4458

Re: Discord Rule 12 is silly.

Oh yes. Le epic 'This is a private space' meme. Fam, being a private space has nothing to do with having a good system of rules or not. And a good qualifier for that would be that the right to remain silent is intact otherwise you can not have a fair system. Isn't this more similar to "contemp...
by Grazyn
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:28 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Discord Rule 12 is silly.
Replies: 38
Views: 4458

Re: Burnt Out: The Antag Incentive

"Return to lobby if not antag" in job preferences, but someone told me some time ago that there is already a way to do this with careful job settings
by Grazyn
Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:53 am
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Burnt Out: The Antag Incentive
Replies: 18
Views: 1749

Re: Discord Rule 12 is silly.

Oh yes. Le epic 'This is a private space' meme. Fam, being a private space has nothing to do with having a good system of rules or not. And a good qualifier for that would be that the right to remain silent is intact otherwise you can not have a fair system. Isn't this more similar to "contemp...
by Grazyn
Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:46 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Discord Rule 12 is silly.
Replies: 38
Views: 4458

Re: Talking mimes shouldn't be valid

why pick the job meant to be used as a newbie role to just be a general nuisance / hunt antags / gather gear so when antags reveal you can proceed to hunt them? Assistants who don't assist deserve death Assistants are literally given a link to various gimmicks they can do instead of assisting in th...
by Grazyn
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:06 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Talking mimes shouldn't be valid
Replies: 66
Views: 7254

Re: Enforce higher expectations for heads of staff and security roles

"friendly tabling" doesn't exist now that tabling does damage. Even discounting the damage, there's really no difference between getting tabled and getting whacked with a stun baton. If you did either to anyone - much less security, a head, or the captain - you're valid salad. This is ano...
by Grazyn
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:47 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Enforce higher expectations for heads of staff and security roles
Replies: 112
Views: 9793

Re: Enforce higher expectations for heads of staff and security roles

Don't you have to play for n hours to unlock the captain role? New players should have a fair grasp of escalation rules by then, at least enough to not go "HE TOUCHED THE ROYAL PERSON! OFF WITH HIS HEAD" at the first push or shove. To be fair though if you instigate a fight with someone d...
by Grazyn
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:03 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Enforce higher expectations for heads of staff and security roles
Replies: 112
Views: 9793

Re: Enforce higher expectations for heads of staff and security roles

Don't you have to play for n hours to unlock the captain role? New players should have a fair grasp of escalation rules by then, at least enough to not go "HE TOUCHED THE ROYAL PERSON! OFF WITH HIS HEAD" at the first push or shove.
by Grazyn
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:19 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Enforce higher expectations for heads of staff and security roles
Replies: 112
Views: 9793

Re: Crusader Kings III

Neat So CK3 will be in a playable state sometime 2021. I'll keep it in mind for then You should do a Muslim Britain AAR when it comes out, funny to think it actually became reality in the meantime. didn't xsi already make an AAR that was exactly that That's what I meant. I learned about the game fr...
by Grazyn
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:25 pm
 
Forum: Video Games
Topic: Crusader Kings III
Replies: 54
Views: 5974

Re: Dragging Around Birdboat

We get it, you want to shit up places without repercussion. It's not going to happen. Quite the contrary. I'm very much against shitters roaming free with no recourse. I just don't see how a visual gag/infinite food for flymen is equivalent to fireaxing every window you can see. Honestly, there's m...
by Grazyn
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:19 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Dragging Around Birdboat
Replies: 46
Views: 5267

Re: Crusader Kings III

XSI wrote:Neat
So CK3 will be in a playable state sometime 2021. I'll keep it in mind for then

You should do a Muslim Britain AAR when it comes out, funny to think it actually became reality in the meantime.
by Grazyn
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:03 am
 
Forum: Video Games
Topic: Crusader Kings III
Replies: 54
Views: 5974

Re: Talking mimes shouldn't be valid

I don't think you can do something that makes you valid and then kill anyone who comes to kill you, unless you were already an antag.
by Grazyn
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:41 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Talking mimes shouldn't be valid
Replies: 66
Views: 7254

Re: Dragging Around Birdboat

Would you kill Poly because the CE came and disassembled your autism project? Would you expect to be protected by the rules if you did so? A more fitting comparison would be killing Poly after someone fed him a ton of crackers and was dragging him around with an open radio. You're right, that is a ...
by Grazyn
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:38 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Dragging Around Birdboat
Replies: 46
Views: 5267

Re: Note worthy one off events. The thread. The nostalgia

About Zaross, I still remember the time he spawned as wizard in the wizard academy away mission, bought a stand and a staff of change, shot the stand until it turned into a mediborg, ordered it to remove his exile implant, then went on to murderbone the station. Also when Kor merged the PR that repl...
by Grazyn
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:19 pm
 
Forum: General Chat
Topic: Note worthy one off events. The thread. The nostalgia
Replies: 34
Views: 3778

Re: Dragging Around Birdboat

deedubya wrote:Would you kill Poly because the CE came and disassembled your autism project? Would you expect to be protected by the rules if you did so?

A more fitting comparison would be killing Poly after someone fed him a ton of crackers and was dragging him around with an open radio.
by Grazyn
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:20 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Dragging Around Birdboat
Replies: 46
Views: 5267

Re: Dragging Around Birdboat

The pet policy has been around because there's hasn't ever been a good reason to kill pets, meanwhile birdboat seems to have been specifically made to annoy people and ruin the janitor's day and does not deserve the same protection Back when Ian was first introduced, people would kill him to killba...
by Grazyn
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:10 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Dragging Around Birdboat
Replies: 46
Views: 5267

Re: Dragging Around Birdboat

I would think killign animals to be in the same position as "sprading WGW over intercom", or "Viro fucked up and released a virus". Not a bannable offense, but an action that will lead to rightful IC lynches. Now, if Clown is the one doing it, would it be considered as a prank, ...
by Grazyn
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:00 pm
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Dragging Around Birdboat
Replies: 46
Views: 5267

Re: Remove Escalation

Hard red line should be death, not permanent round removal. Everyone in the game is given an epinephrine pen for a reason. There is no reason you cannot beat someone into crit, epi-pen them, then fireman carry their ass to medbay. Beating someone to death is frankly bad roleplay as you are beating ...
by Grazyn
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:30 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Remove Escalation
Replies: 57
Views: 4997

Re: Free Terry

I play on Terry and every round is either revs or cults. Yes there are other antags mixed in but rev/cult will define the round so that's how it feels like.
by Grazyn
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:57 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: Free Terry
Replies: 19
Views: 2201

Re: ban fusion shitters

Exotic gases, you mean stimulum and hypernobilium? Stimulum hurts you so much that its more potent as a deathgas than making you go faster. Hypernobilium has not really any uses besides TEGs and the SM. Making more power? Oh man, wonderful! What uses does it have? The answer is just shocking people...
by Grazyn
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:49 am
 
Forum: Policy Discussion
Topic: ban fusion shitters
Replies: 45
Views: 4425

Re: Update to rule 1.

Iatots wrote:Spoiler alert:
3rd headmin: i vote for whatever the community decides on
Morto: uhoh

Spoiler: Morto is the headmin against it
by Grazyn
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:24 pm
 
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Update to rule 1.
Replies: 187
Views: 25060

Re: Update to rule 1.

To clarify: The reason why there's currently a stalemate is because one of the head admins have not gave their definitive choice regarding this. I'm still waiting for their vote since a week ago. Is there a reason why you're not going with simple majority since you're 2 vs 1? What if the headmin sa...
by Grazyn
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:50 am
 
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Update to rule 1.
Replies: 187
Views: 25060

Re: Update to rule 1.

OOC has discussions about stuff not pertinent to the game all the time. If someone is obviously trolling, fishing for reactions, ban him. If someone is feeding the troll by taking the bait and flaming, ban him. Why? Because otherwise OOC turns into flameshit general and they have to mute it anyway?...
by Grazyn
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:58 am
 
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Update to rule 1.
Replies: 187
Views: 25060

Re: Update to rule 1.

OOC has discussions about stuff not pertinent to the game all the time. If someone is obviously trolling, fishing for reactions, ban him. If someone is feeding the troll by taking the bait and flaming, ban him. Why? Because otherwise OOC turns into flameshit general and they have to mute it anyway?
by Grazyn
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:44 pm
 
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Update to rule 1.
Replies: 187
Views: 25060

Re: Update to rule 1.

Yeah it's a translation. My point still stands. You can have a single person who's being an obnoxious bully but you can't ban him because there is no rule for it, so you make one. Would you think this prompts more shitters in the future to have a shitty behaviour in the attempt to change the rules?...
by Grazyn
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:31 am
 
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Update to rule 1.
Replies: 187
Views: 25060
PreviousNext

Return to advanced search