Abductor baton sleeps for too long

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Re: Abductor baton sleeps for too long

Post by Reyn » #536285

Bottom post of the previous page:

oranges wrote:TheY"RE GONNA FRICKEN MURDERBONE
For once, I feel like oranges is making a good fucking point. If they can't reasonably capture people through normal means, They're going to either kill or beat the everliving shit out of people.

Unless oranges is saying this ironicly, in which case Feel free to point and laugh at me.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
Taylork2
Byond Username: Taylork2

Post by Taylork2 » #536294

Reyn wrote:
oranges wrote:TheY"RE GONNA FRICKEN MURDERBONE
For once, I feel like oranges is making a good fucking point. If they can't reasonably capture people through normal means, They're going to either kill or beat the everliving shit out of people.

Unless oranges is saying this ironicly, in which case Feel free to point and laugh at me.
I'll be honest, it does sleep for a long time, it's arguable whether it's too long or perfectly long.
If you know your stuff and the abduction goes well, you can abduct, surgery, and process before they wake up with time to spare.

An extremely competent abductor team in the right situation, could probably churn out about 1 complete abduction(abduction, surgery, etc) every 45 seconds.

If you want to reduce it to say 1 minute or 90 seconds, there's a case to be made, but 30 seconds is too short. And removing sleep would be a horrendous idea.
Shadowflame909 wrote:
cacogen wrote:the baton cuffs people. you don't even have to bring cuffs. you just click them and it does it for you.
Okay? And how many antags can counter this

The answer is all of them.

Read the thread nerd sleep is the only viable counter to any humanoid antag (and powergamer)
Traitors can counter it even with sleep. When the holoparasite emerges and busts their shit.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #536325

Good point. Don't forget holoparasites are obtained on lavaland as well.

Miners are feared by all antags.
► Show Spoiler
Taylork2
Byond Username: Taylork2

Post by Taylork2 » #536333

Shadowflame909 wrote:Good point. Don't forget holoparasites are obtained on lavaland as well.

Miners are feared by all antags.
Magical guardians* and trust me, I haven't forgotten, I just don't include them since miners will get random ones, oftentimes meaning a slightly geared Abductors(took basic melee weapons) able to still beat them. In such a close ranged fight, mildly competent abductors will beat a Ranged/Chaos/Assassin guardian.

And miners in general are nothing to be feared, only the competent miners.

Although a much more interesting situation is when a shaft miner purposely baits abductors into abducting their friend holding the other blue/red cube. One of the only real counters/guaranteed ways to take out abductors without forcing the entire crew to max paranoia.
And also to take control of their spaceship and get those juicy organs.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #536357

>30 seconds is too short for something you can infinitely reapply and that isn't necessary once they're bucklecuffed because the odds of them being an antagonist with the power to break cuffs is 1/50 and then you can just click them again with the baton to stun them, sleep them, cuff them and put them back on the table
fhqwhgadshgnsdhjsdbkhsdabkfabkveybvf
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #536378

cacogen doesn't read the thread.

75% of genetics will counter Abductors if you give the non antagonists a fighting chance
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #536412

I'd read it. Sleep doesn't need to be two minutes when you can reapply it and the stun endlessly.
NSFW:

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #536640

cacogen wrote:>30 seconds is too short for something you can infinitely reapply and that isn't necessary once they're bucklecuffed because the odds of them being an antagonist with the power to break cuffs is 1/50 and then you can just click them again with the baton to stun them, sleep them, cuff them and put them back on the table
fhqwhgadshgnsdhjsdbkhsdabkfabkveybvf
It literally doesn't matter if it's too long.

What matters is if the abductors will feel the need to MURDERBONE
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #536657

make abductors pacifist :^)
NSFW:

Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #536682

Shadowflame909 wrote:because its not that simple and the consensus is people ayy lmaos in disguise don't want the abductors being fucking merked because they're not made for combat
ayy

lmao
cacogen wrote:make abductors pacifist :^)
"guys i know my ideas suck and would make abductors require to murderbone but can we please give them another severe debuff pleaaaase pretty please i hate abductors and they're stinky please nerf abductors so i can deny their redtext oh god oh fuck i just hit euphoria at the thought of denying abductors redtext"

What's your next bad suggestion? You gonna suggest that we should make abductor stun batons require THREE hits instead of two in order to stun while also making the abductor scientist beam down take one entire minute with a station announcement warning the crew? Come on, tell us how you're going to nerf the abductors to uselessness.

Maybe you'll read my post and go "NO JERRY THIS IS SMART MAKE THE AYYS PACIFIST NOW" however have you considered what would happen if the scientist was alone and the agent wasn't on the UFO? Most scientists wouldn't be able to teleport their agent back into the UFO if the person broke their cuffs and started to beat the abductor scientist up. What will the scientist do as a pacifist? Do the *surrender emote and just let himself die while the antag does a fucking fortnite default dance and goes "man im so good at the game WOOHOO"?

Maybe you read my example and thought "JERRY NO YOU ARE RETARDED BECAUSE THE AGENT WILL A L W A Y S BE IN THE UFO DURING A SURGERY" however that still doesn't mean it's an ez pz fight. What if the agent gets disarmed and doesn't have their baton because it was just stolen? They'd have to get really lucky with table stun spam in order to survive while all the victim would have to do is just start punching away at them. That sure sounds fucking fun.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #536685

>i know my ideas suck and would make abductors require to murderbone
No, the mistake is asking for feedback here. Shortening the sleep wouldn't require abductors to kill everyone.
NSFW: