Revolution Feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Revolution Feedback

Post by Helios » #670400

This might not be the timeliest of threads, but take this opportunity to leave your thoughts on the state of Revolution rounds in 2023.
What do you like? What do you dislike?
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: Revolution Feedback

Post by CPTANT » #670408

Scrap postrev, it adds nothing.

ALso rev should be its own mode again without being shoehorned into dynamic rounds.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #670503

I like rev. I like being a changeling rev. I like being a tot head. Rev is fun.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #670510

to all the "scrap postrev" enthusiasts

I hope your antag round is instantly ended because some 5 hour intern assistant rolled provocateur and got nuked by the first seccie he saw

p.s. rev is fine
Weston Echard on Sybil
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #670541

best gamemode
but postrevs should retain rev status after the win. revs killing each other because someone had a looted head/sec ID isn't cashmoney
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #670542

down with postrevs

down with other antags in rev rounds
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #670857

We have the place surrounded! Drink your Dynamic 2022!
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #670881

Dynamic is the best ruleset. I do NOT miss shifts ending in under 5 minutes because a wizard died somewhere, while I'm barely getting started on setting up the supermatter or whatever. No one should have the ability to end the shift for everyone faster than the shuttle can even be called, it was awful, and postrev is dumb, but it's still WAY better than static ruleset was.

tldr, rev, AND postrev is fine. Or if you want to do something about postrev, avoid it ending the shift, thank you.
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #670894

Post rev should spawn a dsquad by default
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #670898

Drag wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:48 pm Post rev should spawn a dsquad by default
Unironically this. You want postrev to be more exciting? Make it so all ghosts get made into a counter-strike force to try and reclaim the station automatically, without needing admin interference. Do NOT take the lazy way out and make it just end the shift.
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #670944

Having postrevs be like warops? I'm down for that. If someone was especially ambitious they could make it a horde defense mode where you build up from intern teams to a full on Dsquad (If the crew really don't want a shuttle call)
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #670971

I think the round should end when the revs win.

I'd also like for the round to end when revs lose, but that would mean getting rid of dynamic, or at the very least heavily adjusting it.
► Show Spoiler
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #671323

Part of me feels like the round should just end but I would love if admins got a "send death squad" option. Or perhaps just a random chance of calling a death squad.
Farquaar wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:01 pm I think the round should end when the revs win.

I'd also like for the round to end when revs lose, but that would mean getting rid of dynamic, or at the very least heavily adjusting it.
I'm still hoping that one day we'll have, "yeah there's a single big threat, deal with that threat mkay" rounds.

Like every round doesn't need to have half the antags rear their heads, it gets old fast. Dynamic is surprisingly undynamic because it makes very milquetoast samey rounds. Progtot doesn't help with that.
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #671324

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:42 amDynamic is surprisingly undynamic because it makes very milquetoast samey rounds. Progtot doesn't help with that.
I sometimes struggle to articulate it, but (barring Nuke Ops or a Wizard) every dynamic round comes down to about the same mix of Traitors, Changelings/Heretics, etc.

If you have a big variety of vegetables and you put the same amount of each of them in your soup, it's just the same vegetable soup every time.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #671392

Rounds being interesting hinges on things that aren't tot/heretic/ling spawning in, though its only random chance.

As for revs, let them keep their rev antag status and then just fire a bunch of shit at them. Give them a taste of hard mode.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #671456

I don't want revs to go to centcom at roundend, syndicate base probably isn't much better considering they probably don't want a bunch a brainwashed egg yokes running around their top sekret base.
Maybe we can just fly it into the sun.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #671480

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:18 am I don't want revs to go to centcom at roundend, syndicate base probably isn't much better considering they probably don't want a bunch a brainwashed egg yokes running around their top sekret base.
Could have it just end like, ten seconds after the shuttle departs. I don't know if that would cause people to not even bother trying to evac though.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #671507

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:18 am I don't want revs to go to centcom at roundend, syndicate base probably isn't much better considering they probably don't want a bunch a brainwashed egg yokes running around their top sekret base.
Boarding the shuttle after a rev victory could auto-spawn a deathsquad at Centcomm. That would be funny.
► Show Spoiler
Unoki
Byond Username: Unoki

Post by Unoki » #673674

Don't scrap post rev, BUT

Send automatically code wise a death squad to detonate the onboard station nuke.

I'm stupid someone said it before me Aught arhgh
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #673750

Send a CentCom nuke ops.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #673764

My favourite game mode.
I kind of agree post-rev win is lacking something though. D-squads would be fun.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT