Freon [and holodeck gasses, and freon in general]

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Freon [and holodeck gasses, and freon in general]

Post by oranges » #274646

Bottom post of the previous page:

The actual answer is to replace the holodeck with Remies VR world and VR sleepers as that would prevent any items or objects being transferred to the station at all.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #276803

This is still a problem, murdering the entire crew, trapping new arrivals on the shuttle lest they face death, and making boring as fuck rounds for 50 people, and occasionally crashing the server.

For Christ's sake someone please fix it, this is becoming too fucking common.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #276930

oranges wrote:The actual answer is to replace the holodeck with Remies VR world and VR sleepers as that would prevent any items or objects being transferred to the station at all.
this tbh.

I had even started work on some VR games to play, like a rip-off of cod zombies, it was an excuse to get VR sleepers used + to add simple dismemberment to simple animals (>she's doing it -agaiiiiiin-)
私は完璧
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #277100

Kind of reminds me of when a traitor fucked the entire crew by venting super heated air from the turbine generator into the air loop, burning a huge number of people to death without so much as a single flame in the halls.

Except more hilarious and creative
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #277105

Remie Richards wrote:
oranges wrote:The actual answer is to replace the holodeck with Remies VR world and VR sleepers as that would prevent any items or objects being transferred to the station at all.
this tbh.

I had even started work on some VR games to play, like a rip-off of cod zombies, it was an excuse to get VR sleepers used + to add simple dismemberment to simple animals (>she's doing it -agaiiiiiin-)
I would appreciate VR megafauna battles for practice
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #277184

We've had people emagging open all the doors and then just turning on the freon holodeck simulation to gradually flood it.
I play Boris Pepper.
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #277197

I just dealt with freon for the first time.

I HATE IT

God you just freeze anyone and anything that moves.
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #277342

Lazengann wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
this tbh.

not a bad idea.
私は完璧
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #277353

Remie Richards wrote:
Lazengann wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
this tbh.

not a bad idea.
What would dark souls be if you could fight bosses without losing any souls in a "practice area" you can fast travel to from any bonfire?

I think giving people a way of learning the moveset of the bosses via experience with no actual consequence is not really a good idea tbh.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #277356

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
Lazengann wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
this tbh.

not a bad idea.
What would dark souls be if you could fight bosses without losing any souls in a "practice area" you can fast travel to from any bonfire?

I think giving people a way of learning the moveset of the bosses via experience with no actual consequence is not really a good idea tbh.
they can already doing it by spawning exact sets of gear, and bosses in whatever settings they want on local copies of the game.
Not to mention they don't have to be the EXACT BOSS in the VR, they can be dumbed down, only contain half of the combat patterns, crap AI, etc, which would be how I'd do it.
私は完璧
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #277358

Remie Richards wrote:
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
Lazengann wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
this tbh.

not a bad idea.

they can already doing it by spawning exact sets of gear, and bosses in whatever settings they want on local copies of the game.
Not to mention they don't have to be the EXACT BOSS in the VR, they can be dumbed down, only contain half of the combat patterns, crap AI, etc, which would be how I'd do it.
If bosses get faster/get more moves when weakened, this could be removed from the VR version and be the main difference.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #277367

Removing holodeck entirely in favor of moving it to a VR environment is probably the best course, not only you kill the buggy ass holodeck but also open the possibility of doing much more interactive/fun designs.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #277373

This makes me a little sad just because the holomedbay was kinda cool, but overall i think Remie's VR idea is way better and can't wait to see it
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #277392

I like the holodeck better tbh...
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #278316

The freon floods still kill stations stupidly fast. Not even megafauna on station is that fulminating

Had a round early today where someone flooded and less than 10% of the station remained alive.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #278619

this won't be fixed until freeze over because >VR
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #279398

iamgoofball wrote:this won't be fixed until freeze over because >VR
removals are allowed during feature freeze.

seriously, this is still a fucking problem, someone either remove freon or remove the fucking holodeck winter wonderland and the problem is SOLVED, stop overthinking this and FIX IT. worry about making a better fix when rounds arent being ruined at the 5 minute mark by inescapable meme gas.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #279402

This meme or freeze seems never ending when every refactor creates 15 more bugs.

It's like the nurse spiders of coding
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #281585

Aieet still floods freeon every shift and only plays Atmos to grief or antag [flood], it's getting obnoxious
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #281713

Is there a actual purpose for it with the new SM engine gas mechanics im forgetting?

> Apparently but its more fun to meme with, since im pretty sure some engineers are oblivious to it entirely or only want MAX DANGEROUS SETTINGS with the current spate of round after round failures of arguably the safest engine we've ever had.

Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #281715

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Is there a actual purpose for it with the new SM engine gas mechanics im forgetting?

> Apparently but its more fun to meme with, since im pretty sure some engineers are oblivious to it entirely or only want MAX DANGEROUS SETTINGS with the current spate of round after round failures of arguably the safest engine we've ever had.
Given some of the pushback I've seen elsewhere (like people who can't into piping loudly insist that the singulo is better even on maps where literally all you have to do to set the SM up is dump some gas into the pipes and fire the emitter a half-dozen times) I wouldn't be surprised if people are deliberately fucking it up or refusing to learn just to "prove" the singulo is better.

I've lost count of the number of people who've made one single fuckup and just thrown their hands up and loudly proclaimed that they're giving up and never touching it again and it's too complicated etc etc etc
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #281720

Old habits die hard i think, usually engineers just make a singulo in the bar or any kind of backyard area for the hell of it. SM isn't as understood as other things, i don't personally know how to contain or maintain a SM or how to stop it exploding but the wiki seems informative enough.

You should really encourage people to read the engine maintenance manuals. https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_t ... tion_setup

Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #281722

>tfw sm fetish
feels good man
feels almost robust
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #283477

It has been nearly a month since this freon meme bullshit started and no one has taken the time to put up a PR fixing this overly disruptive server crashing mess of a feature.

At least put up a damn pull request on git for Christs sake.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #283508

You must now put up a freon PR or you're a hypocritical fuck
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #283560

oranges wrote:You must now put up a freon PR or you're a hypocritical fuck
You really want a person who has never touched a single line of code in his life to attempt to change something then sure, time to get a fucking github account.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #283594

Orange plays not, he cares not.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #283600

Freeze isn't over man
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #283604

iamgoofball wrote:Freeze isn't over man
with freon it never is

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #283606

So you dont fix highly disruptive things that are clearly not intended by the developers?

last I checked feature freezes were to fix exploits as well as bugs.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #283610

My fix is going to be VR instead of holodeck, I don't want to half ass it.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #283613

DemonFiren wrote:
with freon it never is
HEYOOO
Limey wrote:its too late.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #283619

Dr_bee wrote:
You really want a person who has never touched a single line of code in his life to attempt to change something then sure, time to get a fucking github account.
EVERYONE MUST DO IT NOW NOW NOW THIS NEEDS DOING IT OR IT'S TERRIBLE SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO THIS

SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #283774

Screemonster wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:
EVERYONE MUST DO IT NOW NOW NOW THIS NEEDS DOING IT OR IT'S TERRIBLE SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO THIS

SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME
Ive been code diving actually, if someone can point me in the direction of where the holodeck console is in the labyrinth of code ill do a PR. I wanted someone other than me to do it because I know what I am good at and coding in a codebase where I dont know the first thing about how anything works is not one of them. That and I have no experience coding period.

but seriously, what damn folder would it be in?