Da Ebow

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Re: Da Ebow

Post by danno » #276163

Bottom post of the previous page:

That man just had an argument with himself in a single post and it took him over an hour to write
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #276170

PKPenguin321 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:If you need a roundstart infintitaser to keep up your traitor KDR you need to de-casual yourself
Read kors posts young one
Obligatory "readd secborgs"
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #276177

cedarbridge wrote:If you need a roundstart infintitaser to keep up your traitor KDR you need to de-casual yourself
People who can use the ebow and slaughter the whole station are 9/10 times the same people that can slaughter the whole station with the clown PDA and a toolbox, telling them to git gud doesn't work.
cedarbridge wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Read kors posts young one
Obligatory "readd secborgs"
Do it.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #276178

Sligneris wrote:
Anonmare wrote:You can't buy an e-sword and an e-bow except in the rare event of a discount though.

An e-sword is 8 TCs and an e-bow is 14 TCs. Basic maths tells us that is 22TC in cost.
Did I miss something? I distinctly recall it costing 12 TC, and being just enough to spend all 20 TCs when combined with an esword.
youre right anonmare is wrong esword is 8 ebow is 12
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #276190

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Sligneris wrote:
Anonmare wrote:You can't buy an e-sword and an e-bow except in the rare event of a discount though.

An e-sword is 8 TCs and an e-bow is 14 TCs. Basic maths tells us that is 22TC in cost.
Did I miss something? I distinctly recall it costing 12 TC, and being just enough to spend all 20 TCs when combined with an esword.
youre right anonmare is wrong esword is 8 ebow is 12
it's still only tangentially related becuase as has been said before, you can kill them with anything that does brute after getting the ebow stun, but I figured it was strange that you couldn't buy both

just didn't bother to check
Limey wrote:its too late.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #276203

Kor wrote:We need traitor gear to be powerful because we balance our game for people with 10 rounds vs people with 10k rounds
This doesn't work or in typical coderbus fashion they are out of touch

All you require to go on a extended revolver shootout is a hacked autolathe, lots of metal and then print out 10k bullets to make you even (if not stronger) by negating the cost, additionally the ebow & strong melee compliment are infinite and high damage. Just strap on your deep pockets army belt with bought & printed TC and have fun shooting the crew with a extremely powerful revolver.

Way to sink your own reasoning. Out of all the offensive weapons (strong melee/unlimited ammo or renewable ammo guns) these are the ones that aren't justified by that statement to exist because they exceed the 10k bullets that the station has/can make and is also base stronger than what the station has. In which case they have to rely on stuns & cheap knockdown tactics which of course isn't fun.

How do you stop a carp-fu user? You stun or flash them to the ground OR by chance run into the gaping hole of a opportunity with a active stun baton. The same applies for lings, with a exceptionally if not even more strong post-dismemberment since the attack force is so high its as strong as the captain's sword for literally cutting you into pieces in which you can't react. Dismemberment & destruction have been made worse. Beanbag rounds work on anything that can't deflect bullets, but if the ebow shoots you first, then obviously beanbag rounds or lethal rounds cease to be useful.

> Traitors actively can destroy the incinerator & cloning just by bashing/shooting it with a esword without even using a bomb, reducing it to scrap metal, debris & a board which then they can steal.

Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #276214

The revolver might have limitless ammo if you raid EVA but their clips are finite. They get 6 shots before they have to reload, during which their precious gun is useless. Dogpile on them in that window. Get good.

I have little trouble rounding traitors up by the carload and gassing them, and when I inevitably get dunked it's always because I fucked up or got outplayed. You lot need to play HoS more and grow a pair, get STRONK LIKE ME, and understand sometimes you just lose.
Last edited by ShadowDimentio on Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #276219

ShadowDimentio wrote:
People who can use the ebow and slaughter the whole station are 9/10 times the same people that can slaughter the whole station with the clown PDA and a toolbox, telling them to git gud doesn't work.
If someone somehow murderbones with those i'd be impressed rather than mad, so if by removing the ebow we see the expert murderers use more complex or hard methods i'm all for it.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #276221

*Swap to hybrid taser while you grab another speed loader out of your army fannypack*

OwO what's this? A free reload for the hotkey master race which can instantly swap hands & auto stash guns to swap into storage? And a looted gun to constantly keep people floored because stashing tasers is a shitty tactic used to stunlock people? OwO.

I mean all you need is 1 speed loader in your hand at all times, Q to drop when its empty (the gun will dump out the bullets itself) and pick another one out of your army bag inventory, and continue moving on. Reloading is practically nothing.

Spoiler:
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #276224

> Having a .357 revolver
> Using tasers

Do people actually do this?
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #276225

Shoot them at point blank range when they are tasered on the floor to conserve ammo i guess. People carry two tasers at once so its not even that bad a strategy to adapt.

Self recharging antique pistol also suffices.

Spoiler:
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #276228

I just get a dozen and a half of speed loaders instead. No need for inferior guns.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #276310

The Revolver strategy is to put your Revolver in your backpack, walk up to your next unsuspecting victim, pull out your Revolver and double tap the target. The only people who can survive two hits from the Revolver is the Head of Security, and a third shot will crit him. This strategy works very well from what I've witnessed in game.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #276371

The sheath/unsheath strike is extremely effective for every weapon that hits hard/stuns.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #276849

Buff stun duration, nerf projectile regen to prevent stunlock (on multiple people I mean), let it be purchasable with esword again so the lizards can get their murderboner to a half-chub.

Is this good?
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #276850

ebow/esword was a very bad combo though
Doctor Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #276854

oranges wrote:ebow/esword was a very bad combo though
the esword doesnt matter all that much when you can literally use a screwdriver because lolebowmemes

lets just do the thing
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #276865

k
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #276866

Do you guys not see the inherent contradiction/insanity of saying we need absolutely 0 rules to encourage traitor creativity with limitless, and then hard removing/nerfing tons of said options to cater to a tiny minority of players that are too good at the game?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #276867

Do you not see the inherent contradiction of letting traitors get a boring stun item when you want them to be creative?
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #276868

Maybe Ebow is a bad place to make this stand, but the usual suspects will just switch to revolvers or stunprod/EMP flashlight to steal a taser from an officer and now you have the same problem again.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #276869

Well at least they have to steal it from security instead of having it given to them I guess ?
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #276870

Yeah except now you've screwed over the newbies while the shitty players who either afk/suicide assistant or otherwise kill everyone mindlessly will still be doing their thing.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #276871

Okay you're probably right.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #276903

Kor wrote:Yeah except now you've screwed over the newbies while the shitty players who either afk/suicide assistant or otherwise kill everyone mindlessly will still be doing their thing.
Maybe newbies shouldn't be rolling for traitor until they get their feet wet and their hands bloody.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #276944

Maybe veteran killers and veteran victims are the real unfun things to encounter since people still start playing a game with the foulest worst system ever created, stun combat.

If only security killed criminals on the spot with m-16s!
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #276947

Why do we need kill-crutches to also be perfect murderbone tools? Make a limited use item like the sleepypen if someone needs it for their kill objective and can't use station stuff. I feel like we should encourage carefulness and sneakiness on new traitors, not teach them that murderbone is their easiest option.

As for experienced murderboners, i'd be fine with them turning to other methods, at least it makes gameplay different. I'd still advocate for removing revolver and esword as well.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #276956

See I told you the parapen was a great traitor item.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #277470

The ebow is the cancer of lowpop

GIT IT OUT OF MY COMFY ROUNDS
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #277505

There was a round on sybil just now where someone used ebow + esword unfortunately, RIP

EDIT: yeah it was lowpop
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #277543

Qbopper wrote:There was a round on sybil just now where someone used ebow + esword unfortunately, RIP

EDIT: yeah it was lowpop

Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #277545

Kill them
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #277582

are we gonna go in circles on this
Doctor Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #277617

Qbopper wrote:are we gonna go in circles on this
...You do realize where we are, right?
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #277631

Doctor Pork wrote:
Qbopper wrote:are we gonna go in circles on this
...You do realize where we are, right?
In a bikeshed thread in the middle of a coding freeze.
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #277641

Qbopper wrote:
IcePacks wrote:this is more an issues with stuns than anything else
probably true, stun and done combat is an issue imo but I don't know a good way to solve it and it's been discussed before
hi

i posted an extremely well thought-out change to stun and done that almost everyone overlooked in favor of converting everything into stamina chainstuns or porting over lifeweb shit.
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #277648

you are fighting a fucking upcliff battle my friend. i respect your tenacity immensely but every player poster in feedback has been trained in the art of jamming their fingers in their ears and screeching until people stop disagreeing or someone with more authority makes them concede
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #277657

oranges has been trained in using the same line about people not liking change over and over (though it's still pretty true)

and yeah pax I wasn't sure of anything I could propose that wouldn't be shot down in flames and we all saw your thread, so... rip
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #277676

>tfw nerfed this shitty holdover from 2010 years ago and you guys put it back

heh
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #277684

Shoo Paprika we don't talk about your changes
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #278373

paprika wrote:>tfw nerfed this shitty holdover from 2010 years ago and you guys put it back

heh
we didnt revert it we're complaining about your ebow

well i'm not but they are
Spoiler:
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #278378

PKPenguin321 wrote:
paprika wrote:>tfw nerfed this shitty holdover from 2010 years ago and you guys put it back

heh

Unless I'm confusing rewords, pap's ebow was the one with darts you had to manually reload.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #278400

Basically a crossbow for space daryls.

Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #278401

cedarbridge wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:

heh

Unless I'm confusing rewords, pap's ebow was the one with darts you had to manually reload.
that was proposed but rejected so he swapped it to the KA style gun we have now
Spoiler:
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #278606

New ebow IS old ebow

Thats why its kind of funny its still getting complaints in 2017