Meson Changes Discussion

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Chocodemon
Byond Username: Chocodemon

Meson Changes Discussion

Post by Chocodemon » #296825

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/27409

What are people's thoughts on this change? It seems to be pretty controversial.

Potential things to talk about:

How does it affect Shaft Miners? Does it make mining harder or more tedious?
How does it affect other jobs that may require using Mesons?
How does it affect Free Golems?

---
Personally as someone who has played as a Shaft Miner before and after the changes, I find this change unnecessary and makes mining more tedious, especially since the change was to make tunnels and non-existent "secret rooms" hard for miners to see in advance.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Meson Changes Discussion

Post by Armhulen » #296827

good for the actual lavaland atmosphere that was suggested but in practice will probably be shit
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #296831

Why don't they just make lead walls that you can't see through
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #296843

Free golems will explode off into the stratosphere and not need to do their kinda unique near blind rock clearing mining technique of just resonating everything into open space at the start.

I sorta like that but I despise every mining mesons "immersion" change because a nearly completely black screen when you dig a 1 wide tunnel is hardly thrilling immulsions.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #296845

We've tried this fifty god fucking damn times and it's always awful and gets reverted.

STOP FUCKING DOING IT I HATE IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #296850

It's pretty fucking comfy tbh
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #296851

Armhulen wrote:good for the actual lavaland atmosphere that was suggested but in practice will probably be shit
D&B wrote:It's pretty fucking comfy tbh
we know
Hatfish
Byond Username: Hatfish

Post by Hatfish » #297038

It's actually not that bad at all right now, I can see it improving greatly once chasms are more visible though.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #297056

remove chasms and this change will be tolerable. as long as there are instant kill floor tiles that exist old style mensons will be preferred over atmosphere just so you dont get insta-dead from walking into your plasma cutter beam too fast.
D&B

Post by D&B » #297084

Dr_bee wrote:remove chasms and this change will be tolerable. as long as there are instant kill floor tiles that exist old style mensons will be preferred over atmosphere just so you dont get insta-dead from walking into your plasma cutter beam too fast.

"I don't want to be responsible for my own safety so please put pads on the corners so I don't hurt myself for running without looking where I'm stepping."
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #297210

D&B wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:remove chasms and this change will be tolerable. as long as there are instant kill floor tiles that exist old style mensons will be preferred over atmosphere just so you dont get insta-dead from walking into your plasma cutter beam too fast.

"I don't want to be responsible for my own safety so please put pads on the corners so I don't hurt myself for running without looking where I'm stepping."
This would be true if the lighting system didnt break often enough for it to be an issue. I dont mind not being able to see through walls so much, its the not being able to run off lighting with mensons thats the problem.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #297283

I don't want to use mesons ever now, it's too fuckin dark
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #297297

D&B wrote:

>Can see three tiles away from you
>Chasms are slightly different dark turf on dark turf
>You move three tiles in a quarter of a second
>Also lighting is fucky at best

Haha yeah man I should just git gud and avoid the thing you can't see coming until it happens that instantly and permanently kills you that could be absolutely anywhere on lavaland.

Fuck off.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Hamfam77
Byond Username: Hamfam77

Post by Hamfam77 » #297313

ShadowDimentio wrote:
D&B wrote:

>Can see three tiles away from you
>Chasms are slightly different dark turf on dark turf
>You move three tiles in a quarter of a second
>Also lighting is fucky at best

Haha yeah man I should just git gud and avoid the thing you can't see coming until it happens that instantly and permanently kills you that could be absolutely anywhere on lavaland.

Fuck off.
Arent you the guy who always tells other people to get good when they complain about a change, kind of like what you're doing?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #297317

Usually yes, but I'm really bad at seeing dark things on a screen so chasms are the exception because failing to see a slightly differently colored turf on lavaland before walking over it shouldn't gib you, especially now that you can't ever see them beforehand.

They're by and far away the most unfair thing in the entire game and the have no reason for existing except stupid lethality for lethality's sake. Not like lavaland isn't dangerous enough.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Hamfam77

Post by Hamfam77 » #297372

ShadowDimentio wrote:Usually yes, but I'm really bad at seeing dark things on a screen
So again, this is just you wanting something changed because it's not favorable to you, yet other people are just bad when the pendulum swings the other way? :popcorn:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #297379

You can git gud at counterplay and play smarter, such as not getting shot by the dude with the ebow.

You can't git gud at chasms. You can't fucking will yourself into seeing things better, asshole, especially not when you have just three tiles of leeway until you die.

It fucking pisses me off when faggots tell me to just "exde dodge the chasm" like fucker I WOULD IF I COULD BUT YOU CAN'T FUCKING SEE THEM
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #297499

Why was this snowflake code merged with a 5-to-1 dislike ratio with the github arguments being generally against, with some very good points?

Did I mention this code was snowflake?
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

/obj/item/clothing/glasses/meson
  	name = "Optical Meson Scanner"		  	name = "Optical Meson Scanner"
 -	desc = "Used by engineering and mining staff to see basic structural and terrain layouts through walls, regardless of lighting condition."		 +	desc = "Used by engineering and mining staff to see basic structural and terrain layouts through walls, regardless of lighting conditions."
  	icon_state = "meson"		  	icon_state = "meson"
  	item_state = "meson"		  	item_state = "meson"
  	origin_tech = "magnets=1;engineering=2"		  	origin_tech = "magnets=1;engineering=2"
  	darkness_view = 2		  	darkness_view = 2
  	vision_flags = SEE_TURFS		  	vision_flags = SEE_TURFS
 -	lighting_alpha = LIGHTING_PLANE_ALPHA_INVISIBLE		 +	lighting_alpha = LIGHTING_PLANE_ALPHA_MOSTLY_VISIBLE
  	glass_colour_type = /datum/client_colour/glass_colour/lightgreen		  	glass_colour_type = /datum/client_colour/glass_colour/lightgreen
 +	var/static/list/meson_mining_failure_excuses = list("seismic activity", "excessive lava", "ambient radiation", "electromagnetic storms", "bluespace disruption", \
 +	"gravity", "dust", "dense rock", "ash", "badly understood science", "radiant heat")
 +	var/picked_excuse
 +	var/mode = FALSE //if FALSE, is in normal meson mode.
 +
 +/obj/item/clothing/glasses/meson/Initialize()
 +	. = ..()
 +	picked_excuse = pick(meson_mining_failure_excuses)
 +	START_PROCESSING(SSobj, src)
 +
 +/obj/item/clothing/glasses/meson/Destroy()
 +	STOP_PROCESSING(SSobj, src)
 +	return ..()
 +
 +/obj/item/clothing/glasses/meson/examine(mob/user)
 +	..()
 +	var/turf/T = get_turf(src)
 +	if(T && T.z == ZLEVEL_MINING && mode && picked_excuse)
 +		to_chat(user, "<span class='warning'>Due to [picked_excuse], these Meson Scanners will not be able to display terrain layouts in this area.</span>")
 +
 +/obj/item/clothing/glasses/meson/proc/toggle_mode(mob/user)
 +	if(vision_flags & SEE_TURFS)
 +		mode = TRUE
 +		vision_flags &= ~SEE_TURFS
 +		if(ishuman(user))
 +			var/mob/living/carbon/human/H = user
 +			if(picked_excuse)
 +				to_chat(H, "<span class='warning'>Due to [picked_excuse], your Meson Scanners will not be able to display terrain layouts in this area.</span>")
 +			if(H.glasses == src)
 +				H.update_sight()
 +	else if(!(vision_flags & SEE_TURFS))
 +		mode = FALSE
 +		vision_flags |= SEE_TURFS
 +		if(ishuman(user))
 +			var/mob/living/carbon/human/H = user
 +			to_chat(H, "<span class='notice'>Your Meson Scanners have reactivated.</span>")
 +			if(H.glasses == src)
 +				H.update_sight()
 +
 +/obj/item/clothing/glasses/meson/process()
 +	var/turf/T = get_turf(src)
 +	if(T && T.z == ZLEVEL_MINING)
 +		if(!mode)
 +			toggle_mode(loc)
 +	else if(mode)
 +		toggle_mode(loc)
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #297500

Literally how is that snowflake wtf
Chocodemon

Post by Chocodemon » #297506

One of the negatives, I've noticed, is that you can't detect fellow miners nearby. This make it much more dangerous to detonate Gibbonite as they either won't notice or will notice too late that it's detonating. Of course they can be notified before the detonation but some are distracted by their own mining. It's another extra thing to worry about.
D&B

Post by D&B » #297508

>Big red and yellow flashing explosive
>Five seconds of flashing that contrasts in a very noticeable manner

If they don't move and haul ass they would have died anyways to normal fauna or walking into lava tbh
Spoiler:
fuck you
ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #297517

iamgoofball wrote:Literally how is that snowflake wtf
Consider the fact that:
All of this was added (and more!) for the sole, singular purpose of preventing miners from seeing turfs.

That aside, as for specific details:
The entire addition of processing code
Spoiler:

+/obj/item/clothing/glasses/meson/Initialize()
 +   . = ..()
 +   picked_excuse = pick(meson_mining_failure_excuses)
 +   START_PROCESSING(SSobj, src)

+/obj/item/clothing/glasses/meson/Destroy()
 +   STOP_PROCESSING(SSobj, src)
 +   return ..()

+/obj/item/clothing/glasses/meson/process()
 +   var/turf/T = get_turf(src)
 +   if(T && T.z == ZLEVEL_MINING)
 +      if(!mode)
 +         toggle_mode(loc)
 +   else if(mode)
 +      toggle_mode(loc)
The (unexplained) ishuman conditionals (What about silicons?) and the logical structure in general
Spoiler:

+/obj/item/clothing/glasses/meson/proc/toggle_mode(mob/user)
 +   if(vision_flags & SEE_TURFS)
 +      mode = TRUE
 +      vision_flags &= ~SEE_TURFS
 +      if(ishuman(user))
 +         var/mob/living/carbon/human/H = user
 +         if(picked_excuse)
 +            to_chat(H, "<span class='warning'>Due to [picked_excuse], your Meson Scanners will not be able to display terrain layouts in this area.</span>")
 +         if(H.glasses == src)
 +            H.update_sight()
 +   else if(!(vision_flags & SEE_TURFS))
 +      mode = FALSE
 +      vision_flags |= SEE_TURFS
 +      if(ishuman(user))
 +         var/mob/living/carbon/human/H = user
 +         to_chat(H, "<span class='notice'>Your Meson Scanners have reactivated.</span>")
 +         if(H.glasses == src)
 +            H.update_sight()
All of the above are compounded by the fact that in all these changes there was a grand total of ONE comment in the code I quoted previously:

var/mode = FALSE //if FALSE, is in normal meson mode.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #297532

That code doesn't need comments, it's quite readable.
the only thing I see wrong there is the processing code + the fact "mode" is a shit variable name in context (which is presumably why it got a comment)
私は完璧
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #297570

Maybe just maybe the huge contrast between fully equipped professional miners and under equiped ghost roles and assistants created varied entirely different ways to experience lavaland?

Oh nah better make it suck for everyone on the assumption those nasty power gamers can't discern 1 tile thick walls by their sprite.

When they are avoiding tunnels and monsters, you know the thing the power gaming pros beeline for to get lavaloot.

In what universe is a miner avoiding tunnels and combat a seasoned power gamer?
Hamfam77

Post by Hamfam77 » #297587

ShadowDimentio wrote:You can git gud at counterplay and play smarter, such as not getting shot by the dude with the ebow.

You can't git gud at chasms. You can't fucking will yourself into seeing things better, asshole, especially not when you have just three tiles of leeway until you die.

It fucking pisses me off when faggots tell me to just "exde dodge the chasm" like fucker I WOULD IF I COULD BUT YOU CAN'T FUCKING SEE THEM
You also can't will yourself to preemptively know the guy walking in front of you is going to pull out an ebow and stun you before you have a chance to process the action. All you can do is be prepared ahead of time.
The same thing you can do with chasms.

So get good, mate.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #297606

Shut up, fatty.
ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #297612

Remie Richards wrote:That code doesn't need comments, it's quite readable.
the only thing I see wrong there is the processing code + the fact "mode" is a shit variable name in context (which is presumably why it got a comment)
Comments aren't just for explaining how a code works, the code is very readable in that regard. However, comments are also needed to explain WHY that code is there, such as why there is an ishuman conditional which updates mesons and gives them a chat message for humans, but not for not-human mobs who are wearing mesons?
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #297614

That doesn't need a comment as it's likely an oversight, I'm sure they just forgot borgs can even get mesons.
Not every line of code needs to be justified.
私は完璧
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #297624

I still fail to see the reason for this change.

Mining was already deadly enough.
Limey
Byond Username: Limed00d

Post by Limey » #297626

I really don't mind this change, I feel it adds to the aforementioned atmosphere of Lavaland.
Usually plays as Aya Shameimaru, Remilia Scarlet or Rumia Kuroda depending.
Spoiler:
NSFW:
christ110
Byond Username: Christ110

Post by christ110 » #297628

I will say, I like the idea of mesons as it allows newbie miners to easily find ore, and avoid fighting fauna, but from what I can see, we're balancing lavaland only for the 10 most competent miners. Same with megafauna balance.
D&B

Post by D&B » #297631

And why, pray tell me, should we adjust megafauna to be more doable to newbie miners?
Spoiler:
fuck you
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #297685

Hamfam77 wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:You can git gud at counterplay and play smarter, such as not getting shot by the dude with the ebow.

You also can't will yourself to preemptively know the guy walking in front of you is going to pull out an ebow and stun you before you have a chance to process the action. All you can do is be prepared ahead of time.
The same thing you can do with chasms.

So get good, mate.
Yeah you can, you can read suspicious movements like him following you or getting really close to you before he whips out his ebow.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Chocodemon

Post by Chocodemon » #308547

So about a month or so has passed.

What are people's opinions on the meson nerfs now?
Has there been any word of the "secret ruins" that partially fueled the meson changes?
Do you feel that miners are faring better or worse?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #308548

I still hate it but it at least got chasms nerfed so I'm happy about that at least.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
christ110
Byond Username: Christ110

Post by christ110 » #308552

Still hate it, just like i expected myself to hate it.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #308557

ShadowDimentio wrote:I still hate it but it at least got chasms nerfed so I'm happy about that at least.
Chasms still instakill. How is that in any fucking way nerfed? They glow now? Cool good luck when it lags though
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #308568

I know they're still retarded but at least they're marginally less so now
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Segmented
Byond Username: SegmentedOdin

Post by Segmented » #308620

Chocodemon wrote:So about a month or so has passed.

Has there been any word of the "secret ruins" that partially fueled the meson changes?
Even with the antag freeze there's no hint of new ruins, most discussions I see focus on adding space ruins. No one really wants to mess with Lavaland. I still think the change is bad, and miners are still dying by the droves so I'm not sure if it even made a bit of difference.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #308847

Segmented wrote:
Chocodemon wrote:So about a month or so has passed.

Even with the antag freeze there's no hint of new ruins, most discussions I see focus on adding space ruins. No one really wants to mess with Lavaland. I still think the change is bad, and miners are still dying by the droves so I'm not sure if it even made a bit of difference.
Yeah people have just stopped adding new ruins in lavaland. We have practically fucking nothing. Do we even have wrath, and lust ruins? We are missing two of the seven deadly sins.

Segmented
Byond Username: SegmentedOdin

Post by Segmented » #308881

What would even go in a Lust Dungeon? A bunch of naked catgirls?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #308926

They said lust, not things that make you want to vomit
factoryman942
Byond Username: Factoryman942

Post by factoryman942 » #308952

Naked futa catgirls then?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #308972

I don't think you understood my comment at all
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #309130

Segmented wrote:What would even go in a Lust Dungeon? A bunch of naked catgirls?
you get silently disconnected and forwarded to citadel
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #309133

Just fill a lust dungeon with altered face huggers that will gib you on gestation but produce no larva.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #309148

Could unban ERP but only within the walls of the lust ruin :^)
私は完璧
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #309728

Remie Richards wrote:Could unban ERP but only within the walls of the lust ruin :^)
That is actually funny AND PERFECT

Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #311988

Add dakimakuras but they can only be found in the lust ruin and cannot be removed from it

Also add an item that gives a target a non antag protect objective to the welder. cupid's bow or something
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #312061

Remie Richards wrote:Could unban ERP but only within the walls of the lust ruin
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?