Why does holy water take so long to deconvert

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Why does holy water take so long to deconvert

Post by CPTANT » #299463

How long does it take to deconvert someone with holy water, 90 seconds or so?

I am not really sure for who being bucklecuffed to a bed fro 90s is supposed to be fun.

It also just makes it impossible to reverse any type of snowball the cult has, since deconverting just occupies you for ages.

I think that if you finally do catch those cultists and actually have a chaplain bless a water tank that using the holy water shouldn't be such a PITA as well.

What if we just cut the deconvert time in half or so?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: Why does holy water take so long to deconvert

Post by kevinz000 » #299465

oh boy, now I can deconvert people before I EVEN DRAG THEM TO THE BRIG!
no, make security more fun to play, not even less fun to play against.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #299471

It's so your fellow cultists can stop deconversion if they can rescue you.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #299480

Its actually one of the cult mechanics I kind of prefer. It means that deconversion takes more than an iota of effort and the entire mode doesn't boil down to CONVERSION WARS.

Sec actually has to put effort into deconversion by securing prisoners and keeping watch on them instead of just turning the cargo/brig into a deconversion factory where you forcibly put something into someone elses body and seconds later they're your best friend.

Protip: Give cultists tracking implants, if they get summoned, bingo, cult base located.

Poweregametip: Strip a prisoners headset after they scream for a summoning and put a maxcap in their bag. Bingo, cult base eradicated.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #299522

Well on of the problems is that is so obnoxious to deconvert those cultists that I am regularly tempted to just shoot them in the head.

Also note that after halving the conversion time it will still be long, just not stupidly long.
Last edited by CPTANT on Sat May 27, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #299524

CPTANT wrote:Well on of the problems is that is so obnoxious to deconvert those cultists that I am regularly tempted to just shoot them in the head.
I think that is the point. You have to chose between a time investment to deconvert someone and then loyalty implant them, or to just execute them and save on time but kill off a possible ally.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #299525

CPTANT wrote:Well on of the problems is that is so obnoxious to deconvert those cultists that I am regularly tempted to just shoot them in the head.

Also note that after halving the conversion time it will still be long, just not stupidly long.
The flip side is that other people will see that and likely shoot you for killing people unnecessarily, and the admins will back them up

Actually personally if I noticed someone doing this again and again I'd probably secban for acting in bad faith and throwing all semblance of RP to the wind
Last edited by Shaps-cloud on Sat May 27, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #299526

it's meant to be obnoxious so I can't arrest someone put holy water in them and go after the next guy and by the time I have the next guy cuffed he'll be deconverted and then I'll have a deconversion train going around the station.
basically, it's balanced fine, stop.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #299533

So how does holy water deconversion work? Do I just have to inject 10u into a guy and wait?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #299534

Isn't it about 30 to 35 units and after a minute the cultist starts spouting cult words?
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #299535

IIRC it only works if you make them drink it.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #299540

Here is the holywater code.

Code: Select all

/datum/reagent/water/holywater/on_mob_life(mob/living/M)
	if(!data) data = 1
	data++
	M.jitteriness = min(M.jitteriness+4,10)
	if(data >= 30)		// 12 units, 54 seconds @ metabolism 0.4 units & tick rate 1.8 sec
		if(!M.stuttering)
			M.stuttering = 1
		M.stuttering = min(M.stuttering+4, 10)
		M.Dizzy(5)
		if(iscultist(M) && prob(5))
			M.say(pick("Av'te Nar'sie","Pa'lid Mors","INO INO ORA ANA","SAT ANA!","Daim'niodeis Arc'iai Le'eones","R'ge Na'sie","Diabo us Vo'iscum","Eld' Mon Nobis"))
		else if(is_servant_of_ratvar(M) && prob(8))
			switch(pick("speech", "message", "emote"))
				if("speech")
					clockwork_say(M, "...[text2ratvar(pick("Engine... your light grows dark...", "Where are you, master?", "He lies rusting in Error...", "Purge all untruths and... and... something..."))]")
				if("message")
					to_chat(M, "<span class='boldwarning'>[pick("Ratvar's illumination of your mind has begun to flicker", "He lies rusting in Reebe, derelict and forgotten. And there he shall stay", \
					"You can't save him. Nothing can save him now", "It seems that Nar-Sie will triumph after all")].</span>")
				if("emote")
					M.visible_message("<span class='warning'>[M] [pick("whimpers quietly", "shivers as though cold", "glances around in paranoia")].</span>")
	if(data >= 75)	// 30 units, 135 seconds
		if(iscultist(M) || is_servant_of_ratvar(M))
			if(iscultist(M))
				SSticker.mode.remove_cultist(M.mind, 1, 1)
			else if(is_servant_of_ratvar(M))
				remove_servant_of_ratvar(M)
			M.jitteriness = 0
			M.stuttering = 0
			holder.remove_reagent(id, volume)	// maybe this is a little too perfect and a max() cap on the statuses would be better??
			return
holder.remove_reagent(id, 0.4) //fixed consumption to prevent balancing going out of whack
I was wrong, it doesn't take 90 seconds, it takes 135......

And it takes 30u holy water to deconvert someone.

Can we please make it "only" 90 seconds or so?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299570

Shaps-cloud wrote:

The flip side is that other people will see that and likely shoot you for killing people unnecessarily, and the admins will back them up

Actually personally if I noticed someone doing this again and again I'd probably secban for acting in bad faith and throwing all semblance of RP to the wind
Incorrect, if there's a totally excessive amount of captured/suspected cultists nobody cares if you just kill the confirmed ones.

Also cool dude Shaps banning people for not bending backwards to try and deconvert people when it takes forever and is a massive security risk to just leave them tied up alone in sec while they deconvert or is a manpower investment that sec rarely has an excess of.

Every sec guy sitting around while they deconvert is a sec guy not getting cultists out of the station proper, and every second spent trying to drag cultists back to sec for deconversion is time all the other cultists have to expand.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #299579

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Shaps-cloud wrote:

Incorrect, if there's a totally excessive amount of captured/suspected cultists nobody cares if you just kill the confirmed ones.

Also cool dude Shaps banning people for not bending backwards to try and deconvert people when it takes forever and is a massive security risk to just leave them tied up alone in sec while they deconvert or is a manpower investment that sec rarely has an excess of.

Every sec guy sitting around while they deconvert is a sec guy not getting cultists out of the station proper, and every second spent trying to drag cultists back to sec for deconversion is time all the other cultists have to expand.
And it is also directly in conflict with rule 4
4. Lone antagonists can do whatever they want.

Short of metagaming/comms, bug/exploit abuse, erotic/creepy stuff, OOC in IC or IC in OOC, and spawn-camping arrivals. Team antagonists can do whatever they want as per lone antagonists, as long as it doesn’t harm their team. Non-antagonists can do whatever they want to antagonists as per lone antagonists, but non-antagonists are not allowed to pre-emptively search for, hinder or otherwise seek conflict with antagonists without reasonable prior cause. Non-antags acting like an antag can be treated as an antag.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299587

Also since when is RP* enforced at banpoint?

*Be nice to the antags or get banned
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #299598

You are a security officer, not a deathsquaddie, if it is possible and reasonably safe to deconvert someone that you already have cuffed in the brig secured with a big tank of holy water, you are expected to not murder company assets just for funsies or because you can't wait 90 seconds. If you act in bad faith and ruin other players experiences because you're too lazy to wait two minutes, you are an active detriment to the server and may be removed. Obviously this doesn't apply to when the brig is overrun and there are active threats that make deconversion infeasible, but I guess it's maybe not so obvious when you twist and turn the rules to whatever you want
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #299602

I kill cultists even when deconversion is available because I am taking my dislike of the mode out on them.

It's also a long and finicky process to do so even more incentive to skip it.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299605

>Company assets
>Converts of a mad blood god trying to destroy the universe

Pick one.

Also that's literally covered under rule 4, sec can do what they want with antags, period. So too bad Shaps, you're in the wrong.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #299629

Shaps-cloud wrote:You are a security officer, not a deathsquaddie, if it is possible and reasonably safe to deconvert someone that you already have cuffed in the brig secured with a big tank of holy water, you are expected to not murder company assets just for funsies or because you can't wait 90 seconds. If you act in bad faith and ruin other players experiences because you're too lazy to wait two minutes, you are an active detriment to the server and may be removed. Obviously this doesn't apply to when the brig is overrun and there are active threats that make deconversion infeasible, but I guess it's maybe not so obvious when you twist and turn the rules to whatever you want
its not 90 seconds, its 135

Once again it is proven that the timer is too long.
..when you twist and turn the rules to whatever you want
"Killing antags is now considered ruining their round"
"Rule literally states something is allowed but doing it is considered rule lawyering"

kek.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #299630

This just in, cult still fucking sucks
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #299631

at least the end bit is fun.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299633

I fucking love cult but deconversion is a waste of time and effort for all involved.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #299634

Shaps is right, though.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299636

The rules beg to differ
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #299637

Don't be a dick.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299640

Killing antags isn't being a dick.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #299645

Gee, we have deconversion methods to use by security and you would refuse to use it even if you have it readily available and you have readily the time and means to do so.
And all you gain is one more player out of the round, hating you!
And you wonder why you're not liked.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #299647

Removing someone from the game during conversion mode because of a minor inconvenience is being a dick.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #299648

Lumbermancer wrote:Removing someone from the game during conversion mode because of a minor inconvenience is being a dick.
"135 seconds of babysitting while the cult snowballs is a minor inconvenience"
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #299649

Babysitting is the job for Warden and Chaplain.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299653

kevinz000 wrote:Gee, we have deconversion methods to use by security and you would refuse to use it even if you have it readily available and you have readily the time and means to do so.
And all you gain is one more player out of the round, hating you!
And you wonder why you're not liked.
You shouldn't assume what I think about things, it makes you look like a moron Kevin.

I deconvert people all the time-- outside of cult. The ONLY reason I don't do it in cult is because it takes too long and I don't have the time or manpower to invest in it.

And frankly I couldn't give a shit how assblasted someone is that I dunked them fair and square, Kevin, and neither should you. This isn't a popularity contest.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299657

Lumbermancer wrote:Removing someone from the game during conversion mode because of a minor inconvenience is being a dick.
Wrong.

I'm not obligated to deconvert someone EVER, ESPECIALLY not if doing so takes a significant amount of time and effort that could be far better spent dunking more cultists.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #299658

I don't think anyone talks about situations when you don't have manpower to spare. In fact, from my experience, I have to yell at security to get the fuck out of the brig and fight cult, because they tend to run around like headless chickens, while Chaplain armed with baton and taser is fine by himself feeding water.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I'm not obligated to deconvert
Using the word "obligated" makes you look like a dick.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299660

Lumbermancer wrote:I don't think anyone talks about situations when you don't have manpower to spare. In fact, from my experience, I have to yell at security to get the fuck out of the brig and fight cult, because they tend to run around like headless chickens, while Chaplain armed with baton and taser is fine by himself feeding water.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I'm not obligated to deconvert
Using the word "obligated" makes you look like a dick.
Yeah, there are times where sec sit around like a bunch of morons, and in those cases I certainly wouldn't trust them to babysit five cultists as they deconvert lest someone escape, disarm a taser and free everyone right in the middle of sec. But far more often are occasions where sec only has one or two dudes who physically do not have the time to waste on deconversion.

Also you're making the argument that if I don't deconvert everyone I'm breaking rule 10, we're talking about sec obligations to people they've dunked so of course I'd use the word you clown.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #299665

ShadowDimentio wrote:Also you're making the argument that if I don't deconvert everyone I'm breaking rule 10
No, rule 1.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299668

Correction rule 1. Rule 10 applies here though, if you get dunked suck it up sec doesn't owe you a deconversion.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #299669

Yes, but...you know, you could just deconvert. Instead you choose to engage with the game mode at the most superficial pvp level.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #299673

Lumbermancer wrote:Yes, but...you know, you could just deconvert. Instead you choose to engage with the game mode at the most superficial pvp level.
What if deconverting wasn't just, you know.....completely obnoxious?

Because what I am suggesting is just reducing the holy water time from 135 seconds to 90 seconds.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299674

Lumbermancer wrote:Yes, but...you know, you could just deconvert. Instead you choose to engage with the game mode at the most superficial pvp level.
I could, but I'm not obligated to. I mean it's not like there are any shortage of good reasons to deconvert people without adding "Shaps will fucking ban you if you don't", including gaining new and potentially robust friends.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #299675

CPTANT wrote:What if deconverting wasn't just, you know.....completely obnoxious?
Do you play Warden?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299676

Sometimes, and it doesn't make it any less annoying.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #299677

I don't think it makes it more annoying either.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299678

True, but it's still annoying to do and generally easier to just shoot them unless you really need the extra hands and have the chappy helping.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #299705

I'll drop the time modestly when I do my first pass of cult nerfs but its not meant to be easy or convenient.

Again, if you're worried about them escaping, put in a tracking implant. Letting one stripped cultist escape is almost always worth a guaranteed location on their base. Most cultists won't even realize its a tracker and just assume it was a loyalty implant.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #299723

>135 seconds is too much for you to handle as security
Huh.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299725

For each and every convert, yes.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #299728

It's not like you're doing it one at a time for every convert, you're only limited by how fast you can make them chug and how many seats you got to buckle cuff them

If you're that impatient then maybe you shouldn't play security?
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299739

>Not limited to one at a time

You are though, you can only drag one boy to sec at a time and rarely are more than one caught at once. So your boy guarding the converts gets to be there the whole time.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #299746

Oh boy it's a ShadyDamemeto thread.

Sign me up!

Also I've seen competent sec and chaplains crush cults entirely via the deconvert train. It's done way more often than people think. And frankly it is a better way to handle it in the long run since dank murder just populates either cult's ghost roles (fucking you over doubly hard on clockcult).
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #299764

am i going to get my post deleted if i once again tell shadow to go acquire some proficiency ?