Why does holy water take so long to deconvert

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: Why does holy water take so long to deconvert

Post by kevinz000 » #299764

Bottom post of the previous page:

am i going to get my post deleted if i once again tell shadow to go acquire some proficiency ?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299770

No amount of gitting gud allows you to both guard the deconverts and also dunk the other cultists-- you can't be in two places at once you mongoloid.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #299774

ShadowDimentio wrote:No amount of gitting gud allows you to both guard the deconverts and also dunk the other cultists-- you can't be in two places at once you mongoloid.
You can if you use the buddy system
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299776

That's not you being in two places, that's you being somewhere and your buddy being elsewhere.

My point was, just shoot cultists and you get to go right back to hunting for more cultists, while deconverting them takes time and effort not being spent hunting cultists.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #299785

CosmicScientist wrote:But the Warden shouldn't leave the brig or the cultists will steal the armoury.

And the Chaplain shouldn't leave the brig or the cultists will kill your unholy blocker maker and your healer and your deconversion fluid maker.

So you have four idle hands not validhunting and waiting to be used.

What do if chaplain gets executed early on because they kept smoking and stealing away prisoners.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #299787

ShadowDimentio wrote:No amount of gitting gud allows you to both guard the deconverts and also dunk the other cultists-- you can't be in two places at once you mongoloid.
I mean realistically there should be some sort of department that works together to handle threats like this in a manner befitting the situation. Someone whose job is, I don't know, to protect the station and keep everyone alive or something collectively.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299789

Doctor Pork wrote:
I mean realistically there should be some sort of department that works together to handle threats like this in a manner befitting the situation. Someone whose job is, I don't know, to protect the station and keep everyone alive or something collectively.
The most efficient way to keep everyone alive is to put bullets lasers through everything trying to make things not alive. Except you-- you're allowed to kill stuff.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #299791

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Doctor Pork wrote:
The most efficient way to keep everyone alive is to put bullets lasers through everything trying to make things not alive. Except you-- you're allowed to kill stuff.
:^)
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #299854

Seriously one tap of the bible on a tank is 1000u of holy water, how is that a legit complaint?

But yea this thread has gone from silly to fucking moronic real fast so ill post for the last time: I will cut the deconversion time slightly if cult has above a 45% winrate when the May numbers come out. I do like and support the idea of deconversion not being easy or braindead simple. In my mind its probably the best deconversion mechanic because its not just IMPLANTS IMPLANTS IMPLANTS IMPLANTS. It requires sec to be organized, disciplines and actually run their brig something like a brig.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #299871

I understand why it takes a while, but if I can't reasonably deconvert them in a timely manner I just kill them. I'll have to try Oldman's plan though. Better yet, I could put a maxcap on them for some more fun.
Kor wrote:I kill cultists even when deconversion is available because I am taking my dislike of the mode out on them.

It's also a long and finicky process to do so even more incentive to skip it.
OFFICIALLY VALID
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #299884

it's almost like security is supposed to work as a team!
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #299887

Question, do you need to be the Chaplain to use a bible to 'bless' a tank of water?
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #299891

I believe it actually requires a chaplain wielding the book, yes.

also just open up more chaplain slots and order holy crates if you're that worried about your one chaplain going missing.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #300124

I was thinking. The only outwardly visible manifestations of conversion are speaking gibberish, and a conversion message. That's sorta problematic, because you need someone to keep an eye on convertee all the time tto witness them, otherwise you might question things: "was he really fed holy water?", "I was out of the brig fighting, and now i'm back, and this guy broke out and is running around freely, can I trust him?" etc.

So, add "examine" cues. Something like "x is shaking in religious furor" for conversion, and "x is surrounded by an aura of purity" for some time after conversion. Conversion process would take less babysitting, and you would be able to spot recent convertees at a glance, making you more inclined to do it.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #300153

kevinz000 wrote:am i going to get my post deleted if i once again tell shadow to go acquire some proficiency ?
Can''t delete all of us (they can)
get good dimentio
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.