Clockcult Improvement Drive

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Re: Clockcult Improvement Drive

Post by Xhuis » #315309

Bottom post of the previous page:

Thanks for the feedback.
Components are likely going to be phased out slowly, if at all; I intend to make them more meaningful and less "all the components ever/no components" as time goes on. A power drain gameplay might be interesting, but I'd have to think for a while.
Icons of the components in the slab is something I really want to do, but unfortunately I don't think tgui supports it.
Muncher21 wrote:Make the no-movement spell restrict you to a walk (or slower?), it's incredibly frustrating to charging the perfect volt blaster down viro hall, just to have one of your retard cult members push you one tile. None of these spells are that good anyways, so this may make then used more.

Nerf or change clockwork scarabs. You get access to it before Anima Fragment, and the scarab is better? (Not sure I've never seen one in game). Regardless it seems like scarabs completely over shadow Anima Fragments, which is a shame because they seem more interesting.

Make it more clear more then one runes can be placed on a tile. I feel like stun-sigil + convert-sigil is a very powerful defense tactic, but I've never seen them used on the same tile, which the wiki says you should be able to do. Once again, this may be I just never notice these traps, but it still could be clearer.
1. I've been hearing that a lot, but I'm unsure if I want to go that route as I may be called out for buffing the cult and doing nothing to compensate.
2. As fond as I am of cogscarabs, they do seem to cause a lot more trouble then they are worth, and I'm deliberating if they're worth a removal.
3. The new Recollection points it out several times; the stun/conversion trap is something people just haven't done, unfortunately. It's definitely a thing!
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #315383

Xhuis wrote:Thanks for the feedback.
Components are likely going to be phased out slowly, if at all; I intend to make them more meaningful and less "all the components ever/no components" as time goes on. A power drain gameplay might be interesting, but I'd have to think for a while.
Icons of the components in the slab is something I really want to do, but unfortunately I don't think tgui supports it.
Muncher21 wrote:Make the no-movement spell restrict you to a walk (or slower?), it's incredibly frustrating to charging the perfect volt blaster down viro hall, just to have one of your retard cult members push you one tile. None of these spells are that good anyways, so this may make then used more.

Nerf or change clockwork scarabs. You get access to it before Anima Fragment, and the scarab is better? (Not sure I've never seen one in game). Regardless it seems like scarabs completely over shadow Anima Fragments, which is a shame because they seem more interesting.

Make it more clear more then one runes can be placed on a tile. I feel like stun-sigil + convert-sigil is a very powerful defense tactic, but I've never seen them used on the same tile, which the wiki says you should be able to do. Once again, this may be I just never notice these traps, but it still could be clearer.
1. I've been hearing that a lot, but I'm unsure if I want to go that route as I may be called out for buffing the cult and doing nothing to compensate.
2. As fond as I am of cogscarabs, they do seem to cause a lot more trouble then they are worth, and I'm deliberating if they're worth a removal.
3. The new Recollection points it out several times; the stun/conversion trap is something people just haven't done, unfortunately. It's definitely a thing!
Keep cogscarabs as the end of round fun times. replace their spot with anima fragments. Cultists should be encouraged to make borgs over using cheap spawn ins, but anima fragments can be useful reinforcements in a pinch.

also just bite the bullet when it comes to void volt, if it is possible, make it so you cant move under your own power but can still move from being pushed. The worry that people will pull people attacking with void volt is worth it, as right now void volt isnt even worth using because of the pushing issue.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #315413

As it turns out, icons are now doable with tgui, so I managed to do the earlier suggestion of component icons in the slab! https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/29156
Keep an eye on the Git, as I'll be changing more stuff in the near future.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL