No one uses vet or beach bums, and it's time to remove them.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Toroic
Byond Username: Toroic

No one uses vet or beach bums, and it's time to remove them.

Post by Toroic » #302983

No one plays or visits beach bums because they aren't fun and there's nothing worthwhile to loot. Vets people visit to raid for medical supplies but have no reason to exist in lavaland and no one plays those roles.

All they do is take up space for more interesting set pieces and roles people actually play (golems, lava dwarf, ashwalker, lifebringer in order of decreasing popularity) and the prudent thing to do from a design perspective is remove features that are unpopular and unused.

To put it in a different way, does anyone have a reason we shouldn't remove these from lavaland?
Unprofessional Catgirl and Straightboy Supreme.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: No one uses vet or beach bums, and it's time to remove t

Post by Lumbermancer » #302985

What are vets and beach bums?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #302986

I was thinking of re-working the beach bums to be a proper bar. Give a player a way to try out bartending on lavaland.

Though I don't know much about bartending so that's the issue.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #302991

The vet ruin is incredibly outdated. The airlocks on it behave more like doors than actual airlocks as they don't shut by themselves - resulting in all the air getting let out. It's also dark because it has no lights, now that ruins don't produce their own light. I only use the vet ruin to get to other, more interesting ruins as the vet ruin is flat out boring with nothing to do in it.

Beach bum ruin only has the bar to go for it and it doesn't even have booze/soda dispensers
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #302995

Steelpoint wrote:I was thinking of re-working the beach bums to be a proper bar. Give a player a way to try out bartending on lavaland.

Though I don't know much about bartending so that's the issue.
If you are going to do that var edit the vending machine to have a bunch of botany juices
Last edited by calzilla1 on Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #303001

if dwarves are staying remove these please

we have enough ghost roles and no one uses these
Limey wrote:its too late.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #303008

Cheridan said in a previous thread that he was fine with removing them if a replacement was added. Dwarves are the replacement, so someone make a PR.
Toroic
Byond Username: Toroic

Post by Toroic » #303031

Lazengann wrote:Cheridan said in a previous thread that he was fine with removing them if a replacement was added. Dwarves are the replacement, so someone make a PR.
We never really needed a replacement tbh, we could just have the fun roles be more frequent. Dorfs are cool though and I'm glad we have them.
Unprofessional Catgirl and Straightboy Supreme.