Remove deep storage.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Remove deep storage.

Post by Dax Dupont » #307203

What the fuck is even the purpose of that.

I've seen assistants get loot from it in the first 10 minutes of a round.

There's autorifles, hardsuits and everything there.

It's apparently in the teleporter list too?
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: Remove deep storage.

Post by kevinz000 » #307253

who fucked this up..?
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #307255

What is deep storage
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #307261

iamgoofball wrote:What is deep storage
It's deep storage on the teleporter list, I think it might also be referred to as the bunker considering the IDs
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #307465

Maybe someone went there and dropped a teleporter beacon, because the deep storage ruin is not available from the teleporter at round-start last I checked.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #307467

Dr_bee wrote:Maybe someone went there and dropped a teleporter beacon, because the deep storage ruin is not available from the teleporter at round-start last I checked.
Weird, I've seen it a couple of times.
Also assistants are SOMEHOW getting there and back when it exists pretty fast.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #307598

AdAstraPerAspera wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:Maybe someone went there and dropped a teleporter beacon, because the deep storage ruin is not available from the teleporter at round-start last I checked.
Weird, I've seen it a couple of times.
Also assistants are SOMEHOW getting there and back when it exists pretty fast.
It has GPS beacon, so if you are decent at space exploring you can find it, it just takes time and the right gear. it is not without risk however, and it is not a guaranteed spawn.

It has loot pretty much on par with the other space ruins actually, hell the syndicate salvage op is basically free laser guns but you dont see complaints
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #307718

kevinz000 wrote:who fucked this up..?
Deepstorage Ruin Revamp #28039

MMMiracles, MMMiracles written all over it. Its also a self sustainable base after you 'break into it' and steal the ID that MMMiracles has provided. Bawhoppen made it too originally or something*

FUCKING CALLED IT.

*citation needed on whether the loot was there already or before the mapping revamp so i know who to rant at*

Picture enclosed taken from the PR, you can clearly see 3 sec rifles in the armory, section of it, not sure what's in the dufflebag however, the entire place is stocked to high hell, if a cultist gets in there you are never getting them out and the entire place is ready made for habitation.
Spoiler:
Dr_bee wrote: It has loot pretty much on par with the other space ruins actually, hell the syndicate salvage op is basically free laser guns but you dont see complaints
Nobody complains when they get nice loot, i often see CE's/space explorers go awol after setting up the engine to go and find these ruins in space then return wearing full syndie gear with a esheild and a bulldog shotgun from that ruin along with all the crates they can teleport back to the station using a hand tele.

Spoiler:
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #307723

I've seen greytides actually use it as base to flee from security and use it as an excuse to use lethals on sec.
Though, that didn't work out for them because me and the detective busted in there and doled out some summary executions.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #307728

The white ship was fine since it's almost bare empty and its more a blank canvas for projects/cult bases. Everything else came with the random ruins I think.

People complained when I put some Auto Rifles in the armoury for security. Yet leaving a bunch in a area anyone on the station can get access to is fine?

Captains of balance here gentlemen.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #307730

I mentioned this on the PR, the entire ruin is just readymade and ready to go, there's no inherent problems to fix with it using the tools supplied.

A CM'esque infinite lowish watt power generator that can be fixed with tool steps, some additional wiring and piping and the entire base could be fixed up with effort given that the infinite atmos negates the need for bringing your own air tanks, and more attention to layout and setup.

Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #307731

CosmicScientist wrote:the motto was that "If space is worth exploring: no-one's going to stick around on the station!!! So we just have the roosky sat and nothing much else."
I elbow dropped the shit out of that motto and turned it into dust, space is worth exploring thanks to me
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #307735

oranges wrote:
CosmicScientist wrote:the motto was that "If space is worth exploring: no-one's going to stick around on the station!!! So we just have the roosky sat and nothing much else."
I elbow dropped the shit out of that motto and turned it into dust, space is worth exploring thanks to me
Positively radiating the angst now you're not at maintainer anymore.
Spoiler:
[youtube]eVTXPUF4Oz4[/youtube]

Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #307757

WJohnston is pretty much in MMMiracles pocket as usually WJohn does this sort of thing co-operatively when it comes to maps, i would put in a meta-maintainer relationship complaint but its not much use and too much effort at this stage.

I just got blank nah's in response to my points and even Bawhoppen the OP wasn't fully convinced and noted that MMMiracles didn't even recognize the feedback as legitimate, but i expect goof to burst in with a baby.gif any minute now. Back to the topic, that story you told us about the assistants is monsterous AdAstera, were they banned or were no admins on?

Spoiler:
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #307764

WJ merged it as I was arguing with him about how the old one was better.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #308669

Move this thread to coding feedback please, it needs to be seen.

Spoiler:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #309153

Done.
私は完璧
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #309200

Remie Richards wrote:Done.
Thanks!

But yeah, the amount of shit that comes out of this bunker and the fact that i've seen people show up with this gear like 3 - 4 rounds in a row is silly.

Especially annoying since conflict seems to be caused by this too because the assistants start beating anyone who gets any of the gear to steal it.

I had someone go on an complete autistic shitfit on security because when we followed them into the bunker via the teleporter for stealing shit from the warden's office they just went full REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I JUST WANT TO LIVE HERE and started shooting up me and the detective with an autorifle till they met a couple shotgun pellets to the face.

He wasn't even antag. I would've ahelped it but since I didnt want to get removed from the round I already handled it ICly with well a shotgun.

Either way, it seems like a source of overpowered gear and shittery that seems to be able to be found by assistants within the first 20 minutes of the round.

So a couple of options would be:
1. Remove it
2. Remove autorifles and such.
3. Make it near impossible to be found.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #309209

I told mmi to not make it findable with the teleporter because this would happen.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #309210

Remove the tele beacon, leave the GPS signal.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #309250

oranges wrote:
Good.

Step 2 is to actually add ruins to space instead of Lavaland Ruin/Ghost Role #4398439. Its only barely worth exploring now that there's maybe 3 ruins worth visiting.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #309279

I have a space ruin, -exclusively- a space ruin, planned.
Buuuuut my todo list is long and pained.

I do have a week off work coming up soon ish, so besides binging anime I might be able to get some things done.
私は完璧
Segmented
Byond Username: SegmentedOdin

Post by Segmented » #309285

AdAstraPerAspera wrote:So a couple of options would be:
1. Remove it
Well, you could just control the Teleporter. It's supposed to be off-limits for a reason. Or we could just remove the ammo instead of the guns altogether.
darkpaladin109
Byond Username: Darkpaladin109

Post by darkpaladin109 » #309294

ShadowDimentio wrote:Remove the tele beacon, leave the GPS signal.
ShadowDimentio has the right idea.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin

Post by Dax Dupont » #309305

Segmented wrote:
AdAstraPerAspera wrote:So a couple of options would be:
1. Remove it
Well, you could just control the Teleporter. It's supposed to be off-limits for a reason. Or we could just remove the ammo instead of the guns altogether.
Yeah sure that one door is gonna stop them and we should totally station an officer there all shift