Changeling Auto-Revival and Antag-power-creep.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: Changeling Auto-Revival and Antag-power-creep.

Post by ShadowDimentio » #310145

Bottom post of the previous page:

ShadowDimentio wrote:Fun for you, horrible for sec. They were seconds away from nabbing you and all you did was round a corner, swap your face and bam sec has no idea who you are. Lings are entirely too fucking good at hiding to also be as hilariously strong as they are.
ShadowDimentio wrote:And you wanna know the best part? Even if you get a ling, unless you know with absolute certainty that they're a ling, which is nigh impossible since they have like five fucking abilities specifically made to throw you off, you get to play ahelp roulette if you execute them because if you get it wrong some admins are going to chew your ass out for not being certain they were a ling.
ShadowDimentio wrote:By the way false armblade is the most retarded skill in the entire game, it's literally a bait for sec to kill someone because there's no way to tell if it's real or not unless they hit you, so either you execute some poor chucklefuck who didn't do anything except stand within 5 tiles of a ling or you do nothing and either let the ling escape or that guy live.

There's no winning for sec against lings, ever.
You have an enemy that can easily slaughter legions of the crew, is impossible to find, impossible to capture if you somehow manage to find them, and impossible to kill if they're even vaguely competent.

Lings are unfun.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #310149

CosmicScientist wrote:Sounds kind of fun to me. It's not as though not catching (and potentially executing) someone removes the joy out of sec. I'd prefer that to 50th dragging of a corpse to the gibber/cremator.
Fighting lings as sec is an exercise in futility, because no matter how good you are or how hard you try the only way you're bagging a ling and get to stuff them in the incinerator is if they fuck up catastrophically, otherwise they either escape, kill you, or you never find them in the first place.

I mean, what can sec even do to catch a ling? Patrol? Arrest and search suspicious persons? Executions of criminals? Nothing works, and it's fucking awful that you just have to bend over and take it from the lings indefinitely until you get lucky on a fluke and finally have the rope around their necks when one of their buddies shows up and shoots you in the back.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #310269

Daily reminder that Changelings are horrible in their current iteration, and should be removed from rotation until fixed or addressed.

I dislike a ling that can heal most damage instantly, where disablers are worthless, stuns are worthless and damage attacks don't do much. Limbs that instantly regrow, as well as the ability to instantly revive at full health after ten second after dying. Not to mention the myriad of inbuilt gear they have.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #310272

I tried goon recently and I couldn't help but laugh when I saw that they actually implemented internal hivemind (people you absorb can talk to you).
We had a PR about that like 1-2 years ago, but it didn't get in because it didn't fit with the "incredible" new direction of dna/lsd stinging "changeling".
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #310280

No, it wasn't included because /tg/ is a saltmine.
私は完璧
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #310281

Remie Richards wrote:No, it wasn't included because /tg/ is a saltmine.
The creator told you that?
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #310291

I've been saying this for years but we should try out Goonling at minimum

Or at least remove our ling.
metacide
Byond Username: Metacide

Post by metacide » #310328

Yeah changeling is pretty trash and very poorly mixes stealth and grotesquely balanced powers. Pretty much everyone knows it.

It'll probably never change though, so if you're sec the best thing to do is grab the gibber and put it by the cells, and if shit's crazy you just have to start putting reasonable suspects in it. Bit like dunking witches but such is life. Thankfully most ling players are awful and you can catch them, but even one (or god forbid two) who are decently competent can often, if not usually, outshine a wizard.

The glory of admin roulette rages on, of course, but that's the same for cult and all the horrible modes.
Last edited by metacide on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MetaStation is currently running by vote or by default on both Sibyl and Basil
Feedback and suggestions are welcome in the MetaStation thread
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #310329

How much do I have to bribe MSO to get rid of Traitorchan?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #310339

>absolutely fuck up
>crash a syndicate pod into the escape shuttle
>syndicates start genociding people

>>people complain about lings that round

there really might be a problem
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #310361

Yeah the ling auto-revival needs to go. We just had a ling suicide bomb the station 6 times. 6 fucking times.

it was voice activated bombs as well so there was no counterplay, the bombsuit makes using mute toxin impossible.

seriously, get rid of the fucking auto-revival.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #310363

Dr_bee wrote:Yeah the ling auto-revival needs to go. We just had a ling suicide bomb the station 6 times. 6 fucking times.

it was voice activated bombs as well so there was no counterplay, the bombsuit makes using mute toxin impossible.

seriously, get rid of the fucking auto-revival.
To be honest its mostly the RD hardsuit that got added a while ago that made this possible.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #310365

Well technically the bombsuit has been a part of the station for longer, nobody ever used it because it didn't stop you from being killed by a maxcap, just not gibbed by one.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #310367

That's actually a really clever gimmick, and is a testament to how retarded lings are that they can just run around and allahu ackbar everyone until they run out of bombs and nobody can stop them.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #310444

ShadowDimentio wrote:
CosmicScientist wrote:Sounds kind of fun to me. It's not as though not catching (and potentially executing) someone removes the joy out of sec. I'd prefer that to 50th dragging of a corpse to the gibber/cremator.
Fighting lings as sec is an exercise in futility, because no matter how good you are or how hard you try the only way you're bagging a ling and get to stuff them in the incinerator is if they fuck up catastrophically, otherwise they either escape, kill you, or you never find them in the first place.
dude, i've killed a ling as a naked assistant before (although to be fair at the time tabling was still nuts), if you cant kill them as a sec officer with stun weapons and handcuffs built in you just need to get good, i really dont know what else to tell you
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #310453

you can kill them you just need to have a competent security force full of powergamers which happens about once every full moon and will literally turn the round into extended
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #310458

PKPenguin321 wrote:dude, i've killed a ling as a naked assistant before (although to be fair at the time tabling was still nuts), if you cant kill them as a sec officer with stun weapons and handcuffs built in you just need to get good, i really dont know what else to tell you
I can guarantee you that that ling was either absolutely terrible at ling or he fucked up catastrophically.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #310471

PKPenguin321 wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:
dude, i've killed a ling as a naked assistant before (although to be fair at the time tabling was still nuts), if you cant kill them as a sec officer with stun weapons and handcuffs built in you just need to get good, i really dont know what else to tell you
A ling can literally do anything you can do AND use its fleshmend and adrenaline.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #310472

Is it still GG on lings if you can put them in a chokehold? It used to work really well
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #310554

Tbh I use the flash more than I use the baton sometimes since it does knockdown in the handheld form and it can't be turned against me if I get disarmed. Downside is the RNG burnout but that's the way things go sometimes.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #310593

Flashes are actually pretty effective, as noted above if you get disarmed they can't be used against you and they will stun most people, and also cyborgs.

There are alternative ways to permanently remove a changeling from the round (try using the gulag shuttle) but that is still exceedingly difficult considering their instant revive status and their ability to ignore stuns and missing limbs.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #310598

The best change to ling revives is to have them come back with like 1 HP so if you do it right next to someone you instantly get killed again. If you're alone however, you can heal yourself up as normal.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Segmented
Byond Username: SegmentedOdin

Post by Segmented » #310606

Steelpoint wrote:exceedingly difficult considering their instant revive status and their ability to ignore stuns and missing limbs.
Sybil must have crazy different lings because on Bagil it takes them at least two minutes to revive. Plus their limited chemical reserves that are drained by every ability they use.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #310615

It takes about fifteen to twenty seconds for a ling to be able to revive last I checked, however they can delay their revive.
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #311993

The most fun I ever had as ling was using hive mind to out the other lings to security so the round wouldn't be as shitty.
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #311996

Similarly the most fun I ever had as zecurity during a ling round involved a ling helping security outing his buddies to us and helping me kill them so the round would be less shitty
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #312126

Yakumo_Chen wrote:The most fun I ever had as ling was using hive mind to out the other lings to security so the round wouldn't be as shitty.
Worst player
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #312129

The most fun I ever had as ling was using hive mind to out the other lings to security so the round wouldn't be as shitty.
High five.
Bring back papercult.

Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #312526

Can we remove lings pending rework already? I dont think I have seen a ling round be fun for anyone but the ling in years.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #312928

I would bet a removal PR would be closed and ruled as a administrative issue.

Your best bet is getting whoever controls the round weightings to remove TraitorChan from the rotation.
Muncher21
Byond Username: Muncher21

Post by Muncher21 » #312965

Can I use my code freeze bypass that I'll never use to merge this?

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/28832
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #314851

Dr_bee wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:By the way false armblade is the most retarded skill in the entire game, it's literally a bait for sec to kill someone because there's no way to tell if it's real or not unless they hit you, so either you execute some poor chucklefuck who didn't do anything except stand within 5 tiles of a ling or you do nothing and either let the ling escape or that guy live.

The lack of a concrete check for lings is another rather frustrating problem yeah. I imagine ling rounds are absolute shitstorms of adminhelps because of the confusion they cause. Leads to very un-fun rounds
"dude wtf why did sec just kill me"

"because you had an armblade"

"but i tried to make it clear to them it was armblade sting and not an actual ling"

"sorry not much I can do"

"dude wtfffffffffffffffffffff"
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #314853

>Someone has an armblade
>Taze them
>Either shoot them dead at range or try and cuff them
>Either they get cuffed and weren't a ling or stand up and kill you 'cause they were
>No option that doesn't leave someone assblasted

Lings are fucking stupid
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #314892

I remember a time armblade sting gave someone an actual armblade and was permanent
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #316309

I should finish implementing that changeling ability which made you flat-out invisible to silicons and replace EMP with it.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #316349

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:I should finish implementing that changeling ability which made you flat-out invisible to silicons and replace EMP with it.
So buff them more? no thank you.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #316386

Dr_bee wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:I should finish implementing that changeling ability which made you flat-out invisible to silicons and replace EMP with it.
That's not a buff if with the emp removal.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #316387

I'd prefer invisibility to EMP spam. EMP screech is worse than satan himself, at least you *can* fight an invisible enemy
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #316438

Dr_bee wrote:
Removing EMP is a nerf, and a pretty strong one.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #316526

We started off with this;

Can revive.
Can create armour.
Can create space suit.
Can create melee weapon.
Can create shield.
Unstunnable.
Can cure diseases.
Can rapidly heal.
Can improve eyesight.
Can be invisible to AI.
Can AOE deafen and confuse.
Can EMP.
Can ventcrawl.
Can break cuffs.
Cold sting, lsd sting, dna transfer, dna steal sting.

Changelings are war machines on their own.

Now we've added poorly designed mechanics such as;
Organic clothing - previously ventcrawlled lings were usually stark naked. no more of that now. perfect disguises every time. fuck the idea of spotting a ling based on a wrong disguise.

armblade is now an emag. and breaks doors down. in addition to it's already crowbar. oh and it dismembers. wonderful.

oh now it's also impossible to cuff

and it has a ranged weapon now, the tentacles.

what were people thinking adding this nonsense?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #316531

J_Madison wrote:We started off with this;

Can revive.
Can create armour.
Can create space suit.
Can create melee weapon.
Can create shield.
Unstunnable.
Can cure diseases.
Can rapidly heal.
Can improve eyesight.
Can be invisible to AI.
Can AOE deafen and confuse.
Can EMP.
Can ventcrawl.
Can break cuffs.
Cold sting, lsd sting, dna transfer, dna steal sting.

Changelings are war machines on their own.

Now we've added poorly designed mechanics such as;
Organic clothing - previously ventcrawlled lings were usually stark naked. no more of that now. perfect disguises every time. fuck the idea of spotting a ling based on a wrong disguise.

armblade is now an emag. and breaks doors down. in addition to it's already crowbar. oh and it dismembers. wonderful.

oh now it's also impossible to cuff

and it has a ranged weapon now, the tentacles.

what were people thinking adding this nonsense?
not all at once as you make it out to be though ya dumbo

but yes goonling yadda yadda
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #316770

tbh not knowing which guy is the ling and being faced with the conundrum of killing an innocent crewmember or letting the monster go free is way more interesting than it just being a ggnore invincible murder machine and complaining that "there's no winning" is just salt
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #316799

Screemonster wrote:

tbh not knowing which guy is the ling and being faced with the conundrum of killing an innocent crewmember or letting the monster go free is way more interesting than it just being a ggnore invincible murder machine and complaining that "there's no winning" is just salt
It would be decent if lings werent as powerful as they are now.

also /tg/'s playerbase is as such that they will take any excuse to get dem valids. so functionally armblade sting is just giving security an excuse to murder someone.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #316805

Dr_bee wrote:
Screemonster wrote:

It would be decent if lings werent as powerful as they are now.

also /tg/'s playerbase is as such that they will take any excuse to get dem valids. so functionally armblade sting is just giving security an excuse to murder someone.
tbh it's mostly the complaining that security don't have a clear-cut way to "win" that I take issue with
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #316851

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:

The lack of a concrete check for lings is another rather frustrating problem yeah. I imagine ling rounds are absolute shitstorms of adminhelps because of the confusion they cause. Leads to very un-fun rounds
"dude wtf why did sec just kill me"

"because you had an armblade"

"but i tried to make it clear to them it was armblade sting and not an actual ling"

"sorry not much I can do"

"dude wtfffffffffffffffffffff"

i thought this was me posting and i was trying really hard to remember what i posted it about then looked at the name
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #316852

also will make a flowchart for dealing with lings
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #316862

Lings can overcome No2 using adrenaline from the muscular ability. Deep freezing a ling in freon whilst in No2 confirmed to be the only logical method of detaining a ling besides cremating them.

But even so they could just pull out the ling space suit (we should rework that heavily, it allows lings to breathe in space too) and hopefully be immune enough to the cold to not icecube up, which is a extra layer of resistance they need to work through past the chair they might be buckle & cuffed to.

Spoiler:
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #316890

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Lings can overcome No2 using adrenaline from the muscular ability. Deep freezing a ling in freon whilst in No2 confirmed to be the only logical method of detaining a ling besides cremating them.

But even so they could just pull out the ling space suit (we should rework that heavily, it allows lings to breathe in space too) and hopefully be immune enough to the cold to not icecube up, which is a extra layer of resistance they need to work through past the chair they might be buckle & cuffed to.
FantasticFwoosh wrote:ling space suit
FantasticFwoosh wrote:allows lings to breathe in space
FantasticFwoosh wrote:we should rework that heavily
FantasticFwoosh wrote:space suit
FantasticFwoosh wrote:in space

what did he mean by this
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #316900

Exactly what i told you, lings have a spacesuit ability which gives them a human skin suit and also allows them to breathe in a void but has a cooldown between use.

How else do you think lings survive plasma fires throughout the station they create.

Spoiler:
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #317014

Screemonster wrote:what did he mean by this
probably "this is a stupid feature"?
Limey wrote:its too late.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #317055

Someone spaces you in a attempt to hope that you fly off onto a asteroid and creep back to the station slower than normal through multiple revives etc - Pop on space suit pernamently, space immune, breathing fine now and explore & hop around.

There's enough bad/unreasonably powerful loot in space to make lings who go loothunting almost as bad as those who loothunt on lavaland to simply become ungodly strong.

Spoiler: