Tablets are just coder protest at PDA's

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Tablets are just coder protest at PDA's

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #308778

Trying to re-invent the wheel much?

I dislike the tablets moreso than the modular computers (which are expensive, really really need tooltips to build because they are they are not descriptive enough and odd for people to build because multiple RnD non conventional parts) for a number of reasons besides being a bit naff and running out of power.

PDA's have been around since the beginning of time, i really can't imagine with the distinct amount of features that are already on a PDA why tablets & PDA's couldn't have been merged into two styles of the same object like how we have satchels & bags out on the loadout screen. Suggestions for actually improving it im withholding at the moment for its own thread.

I always throw my tablet immediately into disposals because i am very sure i am never going to use it because even with half the capacity of tablets, PDA's full extent of features are little known but make them useful to my daily station job and small miniature tasks. You can try to shill that propaganda of nano ui on the tablets right infront of my face with the server screen banner but until something actually changes i don't think players ambivalence to it will change.

Coders, you're literally Apple™ with good marketing but mediocre fiddly products when their designs go less than expected in practice.

Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Tablets are just coder protest at PDA's

Post by Steelpoint » #308779

Tablets are nice as a Engineer since I can download a 'Alarm' program so I'm instantly aware of any power or hull breaches at any moment.

They are a nice fluff item, I like them and they don't really ruin or take anything away.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #308781

Tell yourself, why isn't this just part of the engineering PDA chip? Im more convinced that coders do not want to touch PDA code because it is old and are hence trying to move away from PDA's with a shiny alternative rather than address & untangle longstanding issues.

It wouldn't take much effort and every engineer would get one, the PDA already can interact with machines so there's no reason why it wouldn't be able to shoot out at you a alarm from your PDA buzzing.

Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #308783

Honestly the Tablet just looks nicer HUD wise.

Only a few station roles get a Tablet and even fewer have a practical use for them, nonetheless they can prove a useful side tool if someone wants to use them.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #308786

But all station roles get a PDA & supplied difference and variation of utility chips, ill use your feedback to help form my counter-idea thread.

Spoiler:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #308788

>moving away from ancient shitcode by making the object again from scratch
>but not removing the initial object while doing so as people would complain
>they complain anyway

Why do we even bother.
私は完璧
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #308790

Remie Richards wrote:>moving away from ancient shitcode by making the object again from scratch
>they complain anyway

Why do we even bother.
Because dealing with 2 shit objects is even worse than dealing with one?

The tablet has a bad interface. Downloading things is NOT FUN, it is only more clicks and waiting for downloading the exact same programs every round.

Also why does the tablet need things like a file manager and OS and whatnot? It adds nothing.

The only useful thing about the tablet is the alarm monitor.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #308791

>Reading a fwooshpost and then being surprised it is shit

but y
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #308797

CPTANT wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:>moving away from ancient shitcode by making the object again from scratch
>they complain anyway

Why do we even bother.
Because dealing with 2 shit objects is even worse than dealing with one?

The tablet has a bad interface. Downloading things is NOT FUN, it is only more clicks and waiting for downloading the exact same programs every round.

Also why does the tablet need things like a file manager and OS and whatnot? It adds nothing.

The only useful thing about the tablet is the alarm monitor.
Its nerd smut for realism, talking about real life computer function fluff. My suggestion thread is up by the way.

Spoiler:
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #308836

tfw '70 aesthetics is dead
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #309774

I like tablets but it should ramp up to neural nets and hacking machines with YOUR BRAIN!
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #309794

how are tablets shit.....
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #309795

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Trying to re-invent the wheel much?

I dislike the tablets moreso than the modular computers (which are expensive, really really need tooltips to build because they are they are not descriptive enough and odd for people to build because multiple RnD non conventional parts) for a number of reasons besides being a bit naff and running out of power.

PDA's have been around since the beginning of time, i really can't imagine with the distinct amount of features that are already on a PDA why tablets & PDA's couldn't have been merged into two styles of the same object like how we have satchels & bags out on the loadout screen. Suggestions for actually improving it im withholding at the moment for its own thread.

I always throw my tablet immediately into disposals because i am very sure i am never going to use it because even with half the capacity of tablets, PDA's full extent of features are little known but make them useful to my daily station job and small miniature tasks. You can try to shill that propaganda of nano ui on the tablets right infront of my face with the server screen banner but until something actually changes i don't think players ambivalence to it will change.

Coders, you're literally Apple™ with good marketing but mediocre fiddly products when their designs go less than expected in practice.
when are you gonna code it?
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #309864

I've honestly never found a reason to waste an inventory slot with the tablet.

Ever.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #309901

maybe i don't know

do the tenious job you volunteered and have a role in the community to do?

being a coder also means you have to fix and ----------MAINTAIN---------- the code, not just code shitty random one off ideas and then expect the playerbase and other coders to just pick up the slack.

it's the job you VOLUNTEERED to do, fix fucking PDA code you lazy niggers
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #309903

TheColdTurtle wrote:how are tablets shit.....
*cough* download and file manager.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #309907

John_Oxford wrote:maybe i don't know

being a coder also means you have to fix and ----------MAINTAIN---------- the code, not just code shitty random one off ideas and then expect the playerbase and other coders to just pick up the slack.

You're a moron.
You fucking maintain that shit, PDA code is almost as much of an abomination as you are.

It's not being maintained, it's being refactored out, replaced, by tablets.
私は完璧
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #309919

Yes but its in such a abominable and under-used state right now that without a transparent design doc to actively show the planned path of development A to B with some pointers to direct coders aka a bit like planetstation without burning out, its a waste of time rather than fixing the PDA and refactoring it to have the good bits of tablets.

Cat-too's 2.0, you wanted tattoo's you got cats then rescinded the statement that tatoo's were even happening by pulling the rug from under the community and attracting furry shills to push it through by opening the server to the public. Is the same thing going to happen with PDA's, promise better PDA's tablets, half botch the job then deny anything ever happened so like how PDA's are sort of under maintained right now, you'll never touch the code ever again.

Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #309922

Iatots wrote:tfw '70 aesthetics is dead
this
this is one of my biggest gripes tbh
though i thought it was more like 80s
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #309929

DemonFiren wrote:
Iatots wrote:tfw '70 aesthetics is dead
this
this is one of my biggest gripes tbh
though i thought it was more like 80s
Probably says something that most of the players don't even know what the setting is supposed to be. No one has even second-hand memories of that shit anymore, it dropped down the same black hole as beepers because it was all completely obsolete.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #309964

Okay, which of the fifty thousand different PA sprites are you referring to now?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #309975

I find it so remarkable that after all this time and all these attempts to try and explain to John Oxford how coding for this game works in simple terms most toddlers could grasp he still does not understand. Truly a marvel of science
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #310006

CosmicScientist wrote:The one that came in with tesla that added an edgedark console, PA and elecky trappers.

I thought it had a consistent lego sprite that went back about four years before that?
I only remember the current PA and the pretty old one that was a cylinder with wires and a rounded end stuff thingy.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DireVictory
Byond Username: DireVictory

Post by DireVictory » #310009

just convert PDAs to nanoUI or something. PDAs fit the theme. Plus, the tablet sprite is bulky and just doesn't have the right "feel", but maybe that's my familiarity with the PDA talking.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #310029

Fun fact. All modular computers use the same core as tablets. A tablet is the core modular computer item, but just with a sprite and some other vars set.
Laptops are the core item but have some code for opening and closing the cover. The consoles actually are essentially shells for a cpu item inside, which is the core item, but it has code to relay stuff to the outer shell.

Anyways, the reason that they have kinda stagnated, is because I'm the only person who actually adds any programs to them. I was actually waiting for Rockdtben's big ui into tgui refactor, since it would cut down on the work needed a lot, but it seems like that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Converting an html interface to tgui is actually a lot of work. Converting it from there to something that's a program datum instead of being tied to a physical machine still takes some work, but its way easier than the tgui conversion.

You know, since we have the supermatter now, I should look into porting the sm monitor program.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #310031

I do remember the retro aesthetic. I remember it being explained away as early sci-fi designs were cool and the fashion everyone uses in the time the game takes place.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #310051

I presume the SM monitoring program would measure the SM's stability, core temperature, gas levels and charge level. Since that's really all you need to know about the SM ("Is it stable? Is its temperature rising? What's the gas composition and how much pressure is it exerting? What's the current charge level?") and helps you diagnose what the problem is.
If it's unstable but the temperature low and the gas pressure not excessive, then it's being damaged by force. If it's hot, check the gas mixes. Plasma, oxygen and CO2 low? Then the loop is probably broken. Pressure inexorably high but temperature comparatively low? Coolant overflow.

I hope it won't have an alarm built into it and it's up to an engineer's own initiative to monitor the program
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #310380

Remie Richards wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:maybe i don't know

You're a moron.
You fucking maintain that shit, PDA code is almost as much of an abomination as you are.

It's not being maintained, it's being refactored out, replaced, by tablets.
i'd love too, but i didn't volunteer to be a maintainer.

i'd love too, but i don't know how to code.

you missed the point completely and took it personal for some god awful reason.

the sole premise of what i said is based on the fact that just because code is old (which is due to no one touching in for four years) shouldn't cause the featured tied to it to be removed, and replaced by something that is -much- shittier than said code.

replacing something that is functional and useful, and very easy to use with something that's absolute dog shit because coder bus is to lazy to touch ancient code is autistic and nothing but a thin attempt at hiding the fact that all maintainers and coders think they are supposed to do is merge poorly thought out and subjective PR's five times every month.

it's not even you alone remie, its all of coder bus. and i don't blame you for not wanting to do something difficult that you aren't inspired to do, but you aren't artists, you have a job that you volunteered to do, which is to maintain. your title isn't "coder" its maintainer, your job is to insure the code is running optimally, not direct and control the entire direction of the server's code.

coders are a extreme minority among the player base, none of them reserve the right to speak or make choices on behalf of the rest of the player base.

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #310392

He's not explicitly wrong i would say.

Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #310404

>Doesn't understand what we do
>Tells US what we do
>HAHA YOU'RE NOT DOING WHAT I SAY YOU DO
>"fix fucking PDA code you lazy niggers"
>too blind to see that tablets are the fix.

Jesus christ Oxford.
私は完璧
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #310405

>Doesn't understand what we do
>Tells US what we do
>HAHA YOU'RE NOT DOING WHAT I SAY YOU DO
>"fix fucking PDA code you lazy niggers"
>too blind to see that tablets are the fix.

Jesus christ Oxford.
私は完璧
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #310421

But you're not convincing us, or leading us in a representable transparent way for the height of your role of responsibility, you are just pointing a finger at where you want to go, hell to whatever you roll over and damage along the way. Sure John is pretty unqualified but he's still as much of the community on server play & forum discussion as anybody else, without people like him the server would be dead of 70% of its population and full of pubbie non-statics who only ever sweep in seasonally. Again i'll pose you this, where is the design document or open discussion about the changes you want to make? Before you get ahead of yourself and make a mandate.

> Xhuis is a polite & efficient coder who is transparent also, a example to follow.

> Want to see a server where standards slipped, the staff burnt out solely driving anything forward and the periodic fluctuations of players, look at fallout13 & archangel station plus a bunch of other places.

Like most other staff in this community shying away from forum drama and living in your little senate of coderbus detached from the game, forums and criticism most of the changes without literally having a horde of autists throthing at the mouth are okay, but its not a democracy by a shot not to fool ourselves. We matter too.

Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #310424

Why do you think nobody comes here? When all we get is this fucking shit.
I would take a single nice player over a thousand fucking oxfords.
And while quite a few people in this community are huge fuckwits, comparing them all to oxford is uncalled for.
私は完璧
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #310427

There are certainly a few unpalatable Remie's too, but unfortunately with Remie's and John Oxford's alike we do our best to co-exist, so literally don't be suprised when to borrow oranges's slogan "chat shit, get banged" by reactionaries.

As to something you could spend five minutes making a thread in coding/ideas about detailing your transitional PDA to Tablet plan and letting whoever turns up get a fair chance to say their peace on it, sidestep the drama and then you have your opportunity to be smug later saying you should have taken part in the design document discussion.
Last edited by FantasticFwoosh on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #310428

Yeah right fwoosh, go back tp whatever rock you crawled out from under.
私は完璧
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #310429

The heatwave must have frazzled your brain to miss up a opportunity to be smug at the community's expense and inactivity towards engaging with things. Didn't stop you with the catperson poll did it? Im not sure how hot it is in the north right now.

Personally i like PDA's as they are and i would like to see them get better rather than going back to square one with a entirely new item concept, i also think that until right about here my issuing call for having a design document over your plan to change this was completely rational one, even if just out of politeness of a community you just berated as idiots, but your reluctance and denial to take any form of self-criticism and rattling the sabre saying you'll push forward with it anyway and anger even more people if its not presented in a manner that pleases expectations.

That's my piece of mind about it, think what you will.

Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #310431

FantasticFwoosh wrote:The heatwave must have frazzled your brain to miss up a opportunity to be smug at the community's expense and inactivity towards engaging with things. Didn't stop you with the catperson poll did it? Im not sure how hot it is in the north right now.
First off, what are you smoking?
FraudulentFucknugget wrote: but your reluctance and denial to take any form of self-criticism and rattling the sabre saying you'll push forward with it anyway and anger even more people if its not presented in a manner that pleases expectations.
Lol, I love it when this happens. When one member of coderbus comes in to explain how something is, and everyone immediately jumps on them as if it's their personal fault.
I haven't touched tablets, I was one of the last people to actually add something to PDAs, DronePhone. But of course you people don't see that, you just see a green name and know it's your time to shit.
FidgetSpinner wrote: That's my piece of mind about it, think what you will.
I think you're a moron as has been stated prior.
私は完璧
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #310432

why can't we be nice people to each other?
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #310433

Xhuis wrote:why can't we be nice people to each other?
Tried that, doesn't work.
私は完璧
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #310434

But your first post ended with "why do we even bother."
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #310436

Do you legitimately think this all started here? You've been here long enough to know.
私は完璧
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #310438

You're a maintainer (and least to say a little bit more than that), you're meant to be corralling up the coders together and maintaining the code with thoroughness, this is the point that John i believe was trying to touch on, you're a community leader (the body of coderbus and tg) & representative, like with any pooling of anger you're on the receiving end of it because you are perceived to be coderbus & in control when now you're mitigating it just because its not a feature you yourself are touching, but you do want to move a significant change forward without consultation and that's what im focusing on in the here and now.

Are you a maintainer or are you just a self imposed head coder? I mean if Xhuis is more of a considerate and exemplary coder if they were so willing to take the title i would be happy to back them up for a nomination towards becoming a maintainer. You still haven't actually told us of even 1 change you would have liked to make given the opportunity or any form of criticism/comment on the PDA system in this thread, im vaguely trying to keep this on topic really goddamn hard here from the change to the listed topic.
Xhuis wrote:But your first post ended with "why do we even bother."
> Im happy scrapping in threads, but you're here literally to fight and moan then claim its unfair that im caught inside this when i could have just observed the thread invisibly and silently.

Posing to Remie, - Will the tablets in your proposed change retain messaging, functions as per the capacity of current PDA's?

Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #310445

>Your proposed change
There you go again.

Also we just got a new maintainer, Cyberboss, we hold votes on these things, there are no """nominations""", as far as I'm aware, Myself, Leoz, Cheridan and Kor were the people who decided on Cyberboss, and nobody could think of anyone else skilled enough at the moment to pick up the """title""", no offence to Xhuis but he isn't skilled enough. We're not about corralling anyone, our job is to review and merge PRs.
That's it, and the vast majority of us do one of these tasks, or both, extremely well. Sorry if we don't consult you on shit that if we did you'd all disagree, demand design documents, come up with your own retarded documents no-one is going to (unironically) read.

Once again you're doing what oxford was, trying to state what we do, and you don't decide that. We maintain the code and its quality, we're not your personal toys or methods of getting bullshit into the game (you have goof for that)
私は完璧
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #310447

Remie Richards wrote:Why do you think nobody comes here? When all we get is this fucking shit.
And while quite a few people in this community are huge fuckwits, comparing them all to oxford is uncalled for.
a single nice player doesn't provide enough donations to keep the server afloat

not saying i donate im just saying

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #310448

John_Oxford wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:Why do you think nobody comes here? When all we get is this fucking shit.
a single nice player doesn't provide enough donations to keep the server afloat

not saying i donate im just saying
kek
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #310449

epig maymay my dude.
私は完璧
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #310454

Remie Richards wrote:>Your proposed change
There you go again.

Also we just got a new maintainer, Cyberboss, we hold votes on these things, there are no """nominations""", as far as I'm aware, Myself, Leoz, Cheridan and Kor were the people who decided on Cyberboss, and nobody could think of anyone else skilled enough at the moment to pick up the """title""", no offence to Xhuis but he isn't skilled enough. We're not about corralling anyone, our job is to review and merge PRs.
That's it, and the vast majority of us do one of these tasks, or both, extremely well. Sorry if we don't consult you on shit that if we did you'd all disagree, demand design documents, come up with your own retarded documents no-one is going to (unironically) read.

Once again you're doing what oxford was, trying to state what we do, and you don't decide that. We maintain the code and its quality, we're not your personal toys or methods of getting bullshit into the game (you have goof for that)

again, your the minority of the server.

just because you can code doesn't give you or kor or cherdian or leoz absolute control and authority over the entire game because 1000 other people play it too.

this isn't a triple A title, you aren't the developers, you are -maintainers- on a community project.

you don't come to the fourms because you and all of the other maintainers are piss poor scared of any kind of conflict or disagreement on something you want to do because you all believe that you control the direction the server goes in.

i have news for you, no that's not how that works. if you continue trying to push things people don't want you are going to end up without any sort of power over anything at all.

you, and every other maintainer are given that position because the community trusts you enough and has enough faith in your competency that you can maintain and keep the code together and insure that -BAD- pr's don't get merged, bad as in a PR that -everyone- agrees is bad, not just the maintainers.

hg memes aside, if you keep up the power tripping circle jerk of code someones going to come along and kick the shit out of your sand castle

(people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones)
Last edited by John_Oxford on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #310455

(even i admit that was poorly formatted and all over the place i apologize for such a shitty argument i promise ill step it up after your comeback)

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #310457

>Oxford stop telling us what our job is
>Tells us what our job is
>Oxford stop telling us what our job is, for the millionth time it's not that
>But what If I was retarded and my mouth had no off switch

Oxford for the million + 1th time...
私は完璧
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #310467

You are a extension of coderbus, you've mentioned changing it to tablets twice and i take your word for it as being culpably responsible enough to give a answer, its not as easy as throwing out these statements then shirking it off. I would nominate if i could, i meant by my statement, given it seems that you are all elected on your coding ability rather than your people skills to actually do a bit of admin work in the github & coderbus enviroment. (forgetting that time cyberboss broke everything but i digress)

Actual responsibility and representation, you're not just a coder with unlimited github access to the project are you?

Again what actual changes would you propose to the PDA to tablet transitional system (changing the question slightly, if it was YOUR PR project since you're keen to play a game of who's PR is it anyway), else lacking a answer ill take whatever other topic contribution about turning PDA's into tablets as literally nothing to be worried about hollow empty statements, and you're here just to pretend to be relevant while picking fights.

edit - scratch this last bit of my post i removed it doesn't have formed logic.

Just a reminder this thread lasted exactly five posts before it turned into a shouting match drawing in the lurking trolls with the scent cast to the wind.
Spoiler:

Spoiler: