The Virology nerf

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

The Virology nerf

Post by Lazengann » #319017

What do you guys think about the nerfs to Virology? The symptoms are limited down to 6 from 8, and healing viruses are less effective now.

I personally don't like it.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Re: The Virology nerf

Post by J_Madison » #319020

Start banning players.
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #319021

You lost me
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #319022

You have a handful of players that have the logic of

I'm not going to do my job and instead I'm going to use it to make everybody's round miserable but mine and they do this until it becomes routine and no longer fun to deal with.

And then it gets nerfed or removed and people wonder why content is so dull and unfun.
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #319028

Luckily we can see our heroic coders took careful consideration of game balance when making these changes

D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #319032

Personally I like it because free heals 10 minutes into the round was cancer
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #319035

You can get free heals five minutes in if someone rushes uranium to you, finishing a virus takes even less time now because there are fewer symptom slots to fill
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #319040

The standard "I've made a healing virus, heals all types of damage" virus is completely unchanged.

If you want to take slightly longer to make something that heals more without uranium you can do that, but it takes a little longer and requires making choices.

Narcolepsy was a good addition, as more traitor virus's to release to the crew that don't just kill people are a good thing. Necrosis and it's uranium brother are still the requirement for death virus's. As it stands if you release something and it has even a hint of something that isn't just healing the crew starts crying out to lynch you, so there's little reason to not just go full deadly. Oh you're growing a beard? Lynch him. Oh my voice changed? Lynch (and job ban :salt: ) him.

Thresholds are entertaining but symptom neutering is the biggest shit because it doesn't appear to hold when creating a new sample from the machine.
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #319042

The actual healing of healing viruses has been reduced
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #319047

yeah but you can get fleshmending speed 11 and have changeling healing speeds
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #319051

As probably the person who has the most amount of playtime in virology. (Id love to say this as i cant be 100% sure as i do sleep and only play bagil.)

The rework makes me sad to see the limit go down back to 6 but the entire rework I consider better. Its less of slap self respiration flesh mend and heat resist and youre immune to space.
I could make a full heal virus 3 minutes in at max speed before this. Now to make an effective full heal virus you actually have to think a little now.

Also before, stats didnt really mean anything. And i genuinely mean nothing. Resist doesnt matter if your virus was invisible to pandemic and stage speed "was supposedly not working" was the idea xdtm had, but i disagreed but not the point. You could put 4 heavy harsh bad symptoms on a virus and still make it airborne even when it wasnt giving you the correct spread stats.

Yes it still doesnt take skill or being robust to make perfect viruses for either effect but it requires some thought, which i absolutely love. Id love to see some more complex mechanic to the process for higher end viruses that require alot of work and thought to give amazing results. (Like the lava immunity type of result but not that severe.)

The virology rework is not a nerf by far. It is a good change and puts some gameplay into vieology than just going chemicals in willy nilly. If you dont like it I can say you are literally just bitching and whining out your ass. And i can say this as the player who plays virology non fucking stop.

And xdtm, you did good. Nice rework.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #319052

Maybe I'm missing something. How has the healing been reduced? Just by changing when it triggers? The numerical values are all the same, and the only way it can go is up.

Wait and how was stage speed broken? I thought I was one of those rare "understands virology" players but now I'm not so sure.

I've legit been accused of being a changeling for some healing virus's before. But I've had that for playing in genetics too so whatever.
Last edited by Nabski on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #319053

I have been wrong before
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #319060

i dont wanna retype but stage speed did work in my experience but xdtm said it didnt.
you couldnt get changeling heal speeds but you healed a steady amount over time so it was better.
heal speeds are lowered or how they work i dunno the code part of it.
we're all wrong once in awhile.
also donatello you only got viruses so late into the round cause you leave for 10 minutes.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #319063

Then the way it's changed is just in the handling of how virus's procs are handled.

Oh you were talking about a different aspect of stage speed.

Did testing over lunch. If you neuter a symptom then create a new copy of it, it stays neutered, but does not show up as such on the pandemic machine.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #319117

Every Lazengann thread has him arguing that the nerf somehow made it more powerful :thinkingface:
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #319121

No this definitely made it weaker

He was talking about speed and getting 6 symptoms is faster than getting 8 symptoms

This is because 6 is a smaller number than 8
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #319248

My answer is healing viruses are def weaker, however spacewalking viruses are still possible.
As for harming viruses...
Well lets just say there's some interesting things you can do if you're creative (probably buffed depending on if I got my maths right during my brief scan.)
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #319290

I did not change any numbers in healing symptoms. The only difference is that they can now be upgraded, unlike they could before, and the symptom limit should not matter if your 7th and 8th pick would previously be eye healing and dna or sensory restoration, which are very marginally useful. So either like before or a buff, according to how you make your virus.

Now you have less max symptoms, but a far greater variety of useful effects, which i'd chalk as a buff overall. Previously there was only one optimal choice, which was filling all 8 slots with the good symptoms (yes, all of them), and that's the best you could do. Now you can, for example, forego tox healing and use three slots to get the remaining heals at double the previous speed, or maybe even at 3x. As i did say, i didn't really plan recipes beyond checking they were achievable, which leaves room for enterprising viros to find out the 'best' recipe experimentally.

For death viruses, there's a greater variety on harmful effects, including and not limited to eyes falling off and victims forgetting their languages, and increased reliability since it's not a 1/20 roll every 2 seconds to act, but instead a timer with a min/max time between effects. The pandemic stealth removal makes it fair and not unbeatable, and some changes to some symptoms give them more ways to spread.

My only gripe so far is that neutering feels like a cheap way to get around using symptoms for stats, and i'm trying to find out a better way to determine virus stats, maybe based on 'points' to spend during virus creation. As for neutered symptoms disappearing, it's just a visual bug, and i PR'd a fix which will go live soon, i hope.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #319297

OFFICIAL TIMELINE OF VIROLOGY

Pre era.
This was virology first edition. Little is known.

First improvements era.
First new improvements and additions to virology.

Pre-away mission era.
My era. This was where I started. This was when nobody played virology and virology was at it's highest.
Healing viruses healed all limbs between 8-14 per activation on three viruses.

Early Away mission era.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5287
The beginning of the end. I began to solo away missions, bring back some loot, and chill with it.

Away mission peak era.
People discovered virology with the likes of Kevinz, YBLT, Zaross, and other powergamers rushing away missions every shift and validhunting or becoming gods with their new gear.
Around this period, I quit virology to focus on metagamers.

More away mission era.
More away missions get added, with even more and ridiculous loot including wizard spells that're easy to get.

At this point, war ops could even expect to face crew armed with C20rs. It was ridiculous. Up to 50-70% of the population would go to an away mission as soon as possible for the loot.

The first nerf.
Threatened with removal, I made the first scaling nerf.
This nerf massively reduced healing by to 33% (at maximum healing at best) and made Virology far less popular.

Current era.
Due to Kevinz and others powergaming to use the virus stimulants and stun reduction to powergame and validhunt, Stimulants and healing were removed entirely.

The viruses were reduced to 8 symptoms and 1 virus instead of 3 viruses with 5 symptoms each. However this was made without me knowing, I could not adjust the math, and I was blamed for making viruses massively overpowered.

Only a few healing features remains, that heal less than 20% of their originals.

Virology has become a far cry and a shell of itself within less than 2 years.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #319302

You're kinda ignoring that it used to be a 8-14 per activation on a 5% activation chance, making it technically lower than the current 1 per tick (without thresholding it). At 14 each with three viruses it'd amount to ~2.1 healing per second, while now you can have 1 of each (~50% of before) or up to 3 in one or two (~150%) of before. A nerf, yes, but that level of healing was pretty high and allowed you to almost spacewalk, which is a lot for something that can be given to all crew with no cost, and it's made with roundstart materials.

Virus stacking was the key point that made old viro as powerful as it was, and while it did add a certain mechanical complexity in making the viruses, it pretty much meant that every symptom could have up to triple effect, or you could instead have up to 18 symptoms, which was way overboard in my opinion, and made balancing hard since every number could be tripled.

Thresholds reintroduce a lite version of that gameplay, allowing for more symptom choice or focusing on few symptoms, in a more controllable way balance-wise, and more varied and customizable gameplay-wise. Virology no longer being overpowered does not mean it's a shell of itself, and i'm pretty sure the 8 symptoms period was not considered massively overpowered, definitely not compared the the previous stim triple virus era.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #319326

XDTM wrote:I did not change any numbers in healing symptoms. The only difference is that they can now be upgraded, unlike they could before, and the symptom limit should not matter if your 7th and 8th pick would previously be eye healing and dna or sensory restoration, which are very marginally useful. So either like before or a buff, according to how you make your virus.

Now you have less max symptoms, but a far greater variety of useful effects, which i'd chalk as a buff overall. Previously there was only one optimal choice, which was filling all 8 slots with the good symptoms (yes, all of them), and that's the best you could do. Now you can, for example, forego tox healing and use three slots to get the remaining heals at double the previous speed, or maybe even at 3x. As i did say, i didn't really plan recipes beyond checking they were achievable, which leaves room for enterprising viros to find out the 'best' recipe experimentally.

For death viruses, there's a greater variety on harmful effects, including and not limited to eyes falling off and victims forgetting their languages, and increased reliability since it's not a 1/20 roll every 2 seconds to act, but instead a timer with a min/max time between effects. The pandemic stealth removal makes it fair and not unbeatable, and some changes to some symptoms give them more ways to spread.

My only gripe so far is that neutering feels like a cheap way to get around using symptoms for stats, and i'm trying to find out a better way to determine virus stats, maybe based on 'points' to spend during virus creation. As for neutered symptoms disappearing, it's just a visual bug, and i PR'd a fix which will go live soon, i hope.
You sure you didnt change anything about it cause the old way of flesh mend. Heat reistance and whatever can no longer outheal space with no thresholds. (Not including double stacking symptoms)

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #319328

Yeah putting the 8 healing symptoms on was enough to survive space for a long while, the same approach today leaves you in crit pretty quickly.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #319333

I think that the virus that outhealed space with uranium symptoms was the one post-uranium, pre-first rework. A triple stacked uranium+normal healing virus was something to behold, it healed from crit to full in a few seconds, and i remember a round where i just kept shocking myself on an electrified rage cage (sometimes twice in a row because stims were clearing the first stun before i even had time to fall down), and walking away unharmed.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #319335

Lazengann wrote:Yeah putting the 8 healing symptoms on was enough to survive space for a long while, the same approach today leaves you in crit pretty quickly.
The healing and timing is unchanged. Now i'm worried there's a bug with the virus timing.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #319341

XDTM wrote:
Lazengann wrote:Yeah putting the 8 healing symptoms on was enough to survive space for a long while, the same approach today leaves you in crit pretty quickly.
The healing and timing is unchanged. Now i'm worried there's a bug with the virus timing.
Id get you a video of proof but laptop chargers at a friends house.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #319350

Turns out that diseases tick once every two seconds and i misbalanced the numbers, so virology is about half as effective as intended. PR to fix is up.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Nabski

Post by Nabski » #319357

So was this a nerf to everything, or just to healing?
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #319438

XDTM wrote:Turns out that diseases tick once every two seconds and i misbalanced the numbers, so virology is about half as effective as intended. PR to fix is up.
uhhh what?

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #319464

Basically, diseases 'tick' once every two seconds. Viruses now have an amount of 'ticks' between each activation. Issue is, i thought these ticks were every second, and when i wanted to put a one minute cooldown on a symptom i actually made it two minutes. Also, healing symptoms that were supposed to heal one per second actually healed one per two seconds (0.5 per second overall), leading to things like self respiration not even outhealing oxyloss from suffocation.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #319469

XDTM wrote:Basically, diseases 'tick' once every two seconds. Viruses now have an amount of 'ticks' between each activation. Issue is, i thought these ticks were every second, and when i wanted to put a one minute cooldown on a symptom i actually made it two minutes. Also, healing symptoms that were supposed to heal one per second actually healed one per two seconds (0.5 per second overall), leading to things like self respiration not even outhealing oxyloss from suffocation.
that is kinda a huge oversight

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #320718

Maybe we should just remove virology from the game entirely. It has no real place here, isn't fun to play as, and isn't fun to play against. You have a dude who sits totally removed from the round and its drama in complete silence creating deadly diseases/cures that can cripple or help the entire crew who have no way of seeing it coming, fighting it, or stopping it (even if they reprimand him).

In a game where pretty much every other form of heightened aggression is done either in person (human/blob/simple-animal combat) or against some physical object (bombs, meteors), this feels super out of place.

The multitude of healing viruses is borderline gamebreaking against things like nuke ops (especially war ops) and blobs, with the first one spending a lot of time and resources finishing each and every single person off (sometimes not feasible if it's a drive by or if they have no melee), and for blobs who rely on a war of attrition (fighting tons of people who can cycle out and completely heal all the damage you dealt by waiting, not even by a medbot you can destroy) is awful.

Lethal viruses can be insanely deadly, and since only people with medhuds (there's like 5 in existence until more are made by R&D who never make them because there are better glasses), nobody can see them coming and take the necessary preventative measures once it gets out. Do you just isolate yourself from literally everyone if it can spread through the air or on touch? Gee, how great it is to have this one asshole sitting in his fortress reducing everyone else's interactions and fun without knowing about it! Once you get the disease, how are you supposed to fight it? You don't even know how to fight the disease unless you have a med scanner or someone else tells you, and if chemistry isn't on its shit and mass producing the treatment chem you're all screwed. All without ever directly confronting the virologist!

Removing THOSE two means that he exists literally only to justify the existence of an uncommon event, the random disease.

So yeah, virology GET OUT.
Apparently I was an director or something.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #320719

viro is the comfiest job tho
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #320737

Healing viruses have always been a bit much but regen has always been a screwy thing in this game see implanted legion hearts.

Not sure about post overhaul but lethal viruses were so slow using them used to be a game of just seeing a bunch of sick symbols on medhud while on shuttle and no one is even close to dying yet. The strat told to me by better virologists than me? Just make a really annoying virus instead they'll call the shuttle anyway. Everything seems more lethal on the test monkeys because they have less health.

So I am not really sure where wj is coming from on the total removal angle other than a moratorium on regeneration effects.
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #320744

I'm coming at it from the angle that it is totally disconnected from everything else in the game. It is invisible, unbeatable, and sometimes unstoppable. The virologist has pretty much objectively the most boring job on the whole entire station, in that he is completely removed from all drama and player interactions that are key to enjoying this game. Our jobs innately are time wasters until the round type comes into play, whether that be by meteor, blob, nuke ops, cults, or traitors. Virology's time waster job is designed such that it will never interact with anything OTHER than meteors, and that's not a common round type (semi-common event at least).

It's not fun to play, it's not fun to play against, it doesn't fit with how everything else in the game behaves, it has to go.

As for its lethality, I'm not sure if it's still around, but I do remember seeing things like 6-7 people all in the middle of medbay stunlocked because a disease was causing them to puke blood repeatedly every 2 seconds until they died. This was airborne.
Apparently I was an director or something.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #320777

WJohnston wrote:I'm coming at it from the angle that it is totally disconnected from everything else in the game. It is invisible, unbeatable, and sometimes unstoppable. The virologist has pretty much objectively the most boring job on the whole entire station, in that he is completely removed from all drama and player interactions that are key to enjoying this game. Our jobs innately are time wasters until the round type comes into play, whether that be by meteor, blob, nuke ops, cults, or traitors. Virology's time waster job is designed such that it will never interact with anything OTHER than meteors, and that's not a common round type (semi-common event at least).

It's not fun to play, it's not fun to play against, it doesn't fit with how everything else in the game behaves, it has to go.

As for its lethality, I'm not sure if it's still around, but I do remember seeing things like 6-7 people all in the middle of medbay stunlocked because a disease was causing them to puke blood repeatedly every 2 seconds until they died. This was airborne.
what the fuck do you mean by it's unbeatable and sometimes unstoppable like aren't those the same thing but either way

every part of this game has things that are sometimes unstoppable, like ebow esword traitors and delaminating SM and the clockwork ark, those all can SOMETIMES be stopped and sometimes are unstoppable.
and it's not invisible anymore, healing viruses show up and the killy death ones you mention need itching, headaches and other buffs for thresholds which give it a huge warning in advance
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #320840

Wjohnson
nobody can see them coming and take the necessary preventative measures once it gets out
As soon as a single person gets a harmful symptom notice the viro is instantly lynched. This happens 100% of the time.
Once you get the disease, how are you supposed to fight it? You don't even know how to fight the disease unless you have a med scanner or someone else tells you
;AI open the doors to viro
you now have the cure.
unless they smash the machine after a plague like me.
It is invisible, unbeatable, and sometimes unstoppable
completely untrue and im sad to see you even think this. even if the machine is busted and gone, people can just take all the cures and then isolate which it is.
Science can make a new board and then vaccine. spread the vaccine and everyones cured.
The virologist has pretty much objectively the most boring job on the whole entire station
I'd like to say from playing viro almost 100% every round every day. it certainly is very fun.
I need to do testing to see if current viro can even do this, from a stunlock i'd say that'd be back during 3 virus time.

Incompitence
Not sure about post overhaul but lethal viruses were so slow
Making a quick strong plague is much easier now

CosmicScientist
At least I'm not insane then. I always feel disappointed when a virologist offers me a no need to breathe disease but I never understood how it worked/didn't work since you get spammed with "Oh, you're not breathing" messages but I couldn't tell if that meant I was flipping between, hence lacking effect or if it was what you said.
The time between healing was doubled by accident as xdtm said so that was the issue for anything like that recently.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #320920

WJ just edit the map to make it not such an autism fort then :/
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #320938

I like virology

an outbreak makes an interesting scenario, because the CMO and chemists start having to create whatever's needed for the cure, and there's some interesting gameplay there

it's really barebones and simple but it has the potential to create interactions between players which is a good thing

also genetics is dumber than viro tbh
Limey wrote:its too late.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #320986

wjohnston
show us on the xeno doll where the pathogen touched you
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #320997

DemonFiren wrote:wjohnston
show us on the xeno doll where the pathogen touched you
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #321734

Alipheese wrote:
I need to do testing to see if current viro can even do this, from a stunlock i'd say that'd be back during 3 virus time.
Funny thing, while reworking i noticed we had 3 different vomit symptoms, each of which stunned, and we had them during the triple virus era, meaning you had 9 different 4% chances of getting stunned for 8 seconds, 20 if you had no food, every tick. I wonder how i never managed to notice that while playing viro.
Should no longer be an issue now as all vomits have been rolled into one.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #322010

fix this

XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #322023

Goddamn disease id system. Did you make a new culture bottle and it scrambled the virus?
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #322025

Yeah
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #322026

For more information, every time I neutered the itching and fever symptoms, it would change back to neutered heat resistance once I made a culture bottle.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #322305

Something went wrong with disease ids i suppose. I'll get a fix out soon.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #323916

I can't reproduce this. I tried mutating, removing symptoms, neutering, and creating culture bottles both named and non. How long ago was the screenshot? I did fix a bug with IDs some time ago, might've been that.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #325521

I apologize for the late reply, I took a brief break from the game. I have taken these images last round, so around noon EST today. To make the viruses, I just add one unit of my most recent culture to the bottle, and make a new culture bottle if it's the correct symptom and I empty/eject if it's wrong.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Would this be avoided by singling out each symptom individually and then merging them later?
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #325544

I suppose, but i don't really know how that is happening in the first place... i guess i'll try those steps out
a.k.a. Duke Hayka