Something needs to be done about Kudzu

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Re: Something needs to be done about Kudzu

Post by Bombadil » #382031

Bottom post of the previous page:

How the heck do you even make quick growth kudzu?
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #382032

Bombadil wrote:How the heck do you even make quick growth kudzu?
IDFK mate either they were ducking in an out planting farther each time or the kudzu was fast.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #382234

At the very least the minimum time for kudzu spawns should be bumped up. At its worst it's a round ender on par with xenos and yet I keep having to cancel early-ass kudzu events.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #382249

Isn't the kudzu event pretty harmless, in that as long as a couple people stop it before it gets huge there's little chance of it growing out of control?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #382250

>Canceling the random kudzu event

Just let it play out baby man, regular non-botanized kudzu is a mild annoyance at worst
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #382256

EagleWiz wrote:Isn't the kudzu event pretty harmless, in that as long as a couple people stop it before it gets huge there's little chance of it growing out of control?
Usually, but there's no indication that Kudzu has appeared and RNG could make it bluespace vines before anyone catches it and the infestation is nigh uncontainable
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #382278

I thought they removed bluespace vines
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #382320

Anonmare wrote:Usually, but there's no indication that Kudzu has appeared and RNG could make it bluespace vines before anyone catches it and the infestation is nigh uncontainable
this, basically, it rarely makes a round better and it often makes a round worse
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #382328

bandit wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Usually, but there's no indication that Kudzu has appeared and RNG could make it bluespace vines before anyone catches it and the infestation is nigh uncontainable
this, basically, it rarely makes a round better and it often makes a round worse
>RNG could make it unbeatable
>If it spawned somewhere the crew doesn't frequently go
>And it had room to grow
>And RNG rolled into bluespace
>And the crew didn't feel like fighting for a bit

Yeah really something to worry about

>It adds nothing

Same could be said about every other random event
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #382335

Bluespace vines are pretty much the biggest problem. Used to just be explosive vines and everybody quarantined the area with girders and shit but FUCK bluespace vines.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Sweets
Byond Username: Reondin

Post by Sweets » #382339

Buff kudzu so Daisy Holmes can kill the entire zlevel and crash servers within 10 minutes of roundstart again.
LifeReign
Byond Username: LifeReign

Post by LifeReign » #382351

Event kudzu has shit stats and is a single seed, so it spreads slowly, rarely mutates, and has a low tile cap. It might take 5 minutes to mutate even once, and in that time it maaaybe will spread to 15 tiles.
Bagil- Eats-Shoots-and-Leaves: Probably the botanist
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #382566

The only times I've seen random spawn kudzu end a round has been rounds where most of the crew was already too dead busy being antags to stop it. As far as I can tell thats working as intended
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #382692

Lazengann wrote:I thought they removed bluespace vines
I did
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Zarniwoop
Byond Username: Dagum

Post by Zarniwoop » #382768

Thread was revived by a fuckstain that claimed they constantly get fucked by kudzu on lavaland, which is a total exaggeration. I can count the number of times I've seen kudzu on lavaland on one hand, and I've spent a lot of time trying to grind to it as a lifebringer.
D&B

Post by D&B » #382797

Zarniwoop wrote:Thread was revived by a fuckstain that claimed they constantly get fucked by kudzu on lavaland, which is a total exaggeration. I can count the number of times I've seen kudzu on lavaland on one hand, and I've spent a lot of time trying to grind to it as a lifebringer.
>My anecdotal experience somehow makes feedback on plants not being damaged by harmful weather invalid
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Zarniwoop
Byond Username: Dagum

Post by Zarniwoop » #383032

>These are normal plants that explode and teleport things and break down walls
D&B

Post by D&B » #383034

Until they mutated, they are, so I don't know why you're saying they shouldn't be affected when in the context of the game only fire resistant kudzu should be immune to Ash storms
Spoiler:
fuck you
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #383072

Put PlantBGone into a smoke machine, marvel as your roundstart chemistry machine now becomes capable of clearing an entire screen of kudzu in seconds.
LifeReign
Byond Username: LifeReign

Post by LifeReign » #384081

Quite honestly, making kudzu be affected by ash-storms unless fireproof would make it better for mining out large areas of lavaland. Just mutate aggressive spreading onto the kudzu, and then create fast-spreading, low-mutating seeds from that. It'd still fuck up indoor locations, but those are less common.
Bagil- Eats-Shoots-and-Leaves: Probably the botanist
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #386531

Oldman Robustin wrote:Put PlantBGone into a smoke machine, marvel as your roundstart chemistry machine now becomes capable of clearing an entire screen of kudzu in seconds.
just put it into chem grenades with a smoke mix