Freon and Magboots

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Freon and Magboots

Post by Hulkamania » #330244

Is there any reason in particular why Magboots slip you on freon ice? I can somewhat understand space lube, it's kind of an all encompassing "fucks you up" slippery substance. Full disclosure, I play a lot of CE, and it's extremely annoying and aggravating when someone releases freon at the start of the round and it takes me an ABSURD amount of time to clean it up versus something like a plasma release.

This is mainly due to the slippery factor of ice, you can only move an even number of tiles without using lockers/walls/heavy objects to block your path. This doesn't seem like TOO big of a deal, until you realize that the doorway you need to access is on an odd-numbered tile and you're on an even-numbered tile so you have to play an ice sliding puzzle game just to access an airlock. This is on TOP of the fact that if a fire door gets dropped or you need to use a tool to get into the area/while in the area it can just be frozen out of your hands. Having magboots able to walk on ice properly would at least allow you to begin clean up efforts, but as it stands now the only difference in a fully equipped atmospheric technician/chief engineer and the rest of the crew is you have the resin launcher (in my experience it's the only reliable way to clean up freon)
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: Freon and Magboots

Post by CPTANT » #330245

freon <-> making sense

Pick one.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #330266

That doesn't mean it can't be improved.

Oh and I forgot to mention that because of said ice slipperiness you can't pull anything at all, which makes cleanup all the more difficult.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #330891

Lets assume the magnetic forcefield is too bad for the thick layer of ice
The future is horrible!
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #330903

Ice to see you. You need to chill out.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #330963

i ded
the only time this has ever been unbalanced is in blob and the last time a blob tried it I killed it with icefire and two boxes of flashbangs so that didn't even work out for it.
freon's not that strong with a single canister, the issue is when it gets spammed by cargo.