Should traitor clowns be clumsy?

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Should traitor clowns be clumsy?

Post by CPTANT » #333280

There is a bug report that says that traitor clowns remains clumsy under some conditions. Implying traitor clowns shouldn't currently be clumsy.

But isn't the entire point of being a traitor clown that you kill people in clown ways?

Like filing your flower with acid and spraying it on people
Or slipping them and feeding them poisoned drinks
Or Laying bluespace banana's on the shuttle
Or throwing Explosive pies in peoples face

Why do traitor clowns get their clumsy removed?

It is a disgrace before the Honkmother.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Digdugxx
Byond Username: Digdugxx

Re: Should traitor clowns be clumsy?

Post by Digdugxx » #333283

Because being disabled makes traitoring that much harder
Spoiler:
Qbopper wrote:One of the few posts on the forums to make me genuinely laugh out loud, well done
:]]]
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #333287

the CLUMSY disability is deliberately removed from Traitor clowns, which means currently: No, they shouldn't be clumsy.

I believe this originally steps from the fact the clown was a joke/punishment role.
Then people liked it.
So them being "gimped" in traitor mode annoyed people.

Anyways, If people actually played a Traitor clown like a clown still, instead of as just another murderboner, I'd like that, and I think this (clumsy traitor clowns) might be a good step towards that.
私は完璧
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #333290

Yes it's intended, it's also the reason why any HoS worth of his salt will give a gun to a clown suspect and order him to fire it. If the clown successfully fires it, he's a traitor and must be executed, if he clumsily shoots himself it's "voluntary discharge of a dangerous weapon" and he is thrown in the gulag.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #333292

I don't mean "should" as in the coders intended it that way, I mean SHOULD they be clumsy.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #333296

Bear in mind, a normal clown make themself not clumsy by taking a mutadone pill or getting a clean SE from genetics. Their clumsiness is genetic
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #333300

A worse sin than removing their shoes
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #333335

I just want it to be consistent across antag types (conversion/convert-ee/nonconversion) since it currently is not and part of that is intentional and part is bugs and even I can't keep it straight.

(As a frequent clown player I am fine being clumsy, especially since the reverse revolver exists. From an IC/conceptual perspective: are you truly a clown, or just a Syndicate assassin posing as one?)
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #333336

as we know from clown planet being a thing, clowns are a subspecies, and thus you can't fake being a clown.
私は完璧
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #333537

then I guess half the playerbase isn't faking OHHHHHHH
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #333539

I appreciate the attempt at humour but ehhh.
私は完璧
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #333552

If you join the gimmick job then you should loosely be bound to do the gimmick [clown being clumsy, mime being silent etc.]
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #333564

This, why not make the mine be able to talk if you remove the clumsyness from a clown.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #333583

TheColdTurtle wrote:This, why not make the mine be able to talk if you remove the clumsyness from a clown.
They can already talk if they use the break the vow button.
They used to be valid salid if they did it, but not anymore for whatever reason.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #333781

A favourite nowadays seems to be to just cut out the mimes tongue if he does that.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #333894

AdAstraPerAspera wrote:
TheColdTurtle wrote:This, why not make the mine be able to talk if you remove the clumsyness from a clown.
They used to be valid salid if they did it, but not anymore for whatever reason.
talking mimes should be valid whats the point of choosing the job if youre gonna talk its like going sec and not arresting criminals or going HoP and not changing IDs
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #333932

BeeSting12 wrote:
AdAstraPerAspera wrote:
talking mimes should be valid whats the point of choosing the job if youre gonna talk its like going sec and not arresting criminals or going HoP and not changing IDs
When I HoP I dont do SHIT.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle