Shuttle refueling time.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Shuttle refueling time.

Post by Durkel » #25537

Can we reduce the delay from twenty to ten minutes? It's odd watching a wizard destroy the station only to be forced to to wait ten minutes for refueling and a additional 10 for the shuttle to even come. Even worse is watching a nuke op team rush in, get wrekt, then sit around aimlessly for 20 minutes waiting for a shuttle.
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Re: Shuttle refueling time.

Post by Reimoo » #25539

I've never seen a wizard destroy the station in under twenty minutes, and it's rare you get a nuke ops team that takes zero time to coordinate and zero time to get dunked. Besides, you have to consider hostile antags need time to have fun too.
Douk
Byond Username: Douk

Post by Douk » #25540

Durkel wrote:Can we reduce the delay from twenty to ten minutes? It's odd watching a wizard destroy the station only to be forced to to wait ten minutes for refueling and a additional 10 for the shuttle to even come.
So in other words, removing refueling all together and relying entirely on the 10 minutes of shuttle arrival as enough to justify a "round's worth of time?" Refueling is there in the first place to prevent the game from ending before it even begins, so you actually have to survive early danger for a while before packing your bags and hitting the road. Wizards would become an utterly pointless roundtype, since the first sighting would trigger a shuttle call due to nobody having investment in the round yet, and the lucky wiz who for once was graced by the RNG now has a little over 10 minutes to try doing something interesting. Even then, the last 5 min (after recall is no longer possible) is the point where any shits given about duty or job are thrown out the window, so the most the wizard can do at THAT point is fireball escape, which is fun for precisely nobody.
Durkel wrote:Even worse is watching a nuke op team rush in, get wrekt, then sit around aimlessly for 20 minutes waiting for a shuttle.
I think that's usually your cue to not call the shuttle at all. Just because the antags are gone doesn't mean the station is done. There's still the lengthy rebuilding and recovery period from the attack, as well as an opportunity for things like science to max out on illegal tech and still have time to make use of it for the station's amusement. Your attitude of "muh valids are dead, time for restart" is pure and simply disgusting.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #25545

If only there was some way to have antags introduced over time according to the rate of successful antags and the time on station.

Then we could make the shuttle refueling time much much longer and have more fun.

We could call it something like 'The tensioner'

Oh wait...
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Post by Durkel » #25547

Douk wrote:Stuff.
What?

I'm asking for a reduction in time, not a removal. If you were to even call the shuttle the second it became available the round would last 25 minutes. Where as currently it would last at least 35. I'm not asking for shorter rounds, but sometimes shit hits the fan faster then you want. No one wants to be one of 30 dead players waiting for a shuttle to come simply because we decided we didn't like early shuttle calls.

And it's very easy for a wizard to take 20-30 people out of a round in ten minutes with the right set up. Arguing the point that you shouldn't call the shuttle after a nuke op team is really fucking silly, That's the whole game mode there. It turns into extended, or the wait two hour until admins press buttons mode.
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #25550

oranges wrote: 'The tensioner'
huehuehue....

huehuehuehuehue...

HEEHEEHEEE
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #25562

I mean, having round last for half an hour is bare minimum. Shuttle basically fucks up anyone who actually tries to do their job. Why would you even want to end the round early unless you're dead, in which case git gud and we even have this in rules that shit happens?
Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #25571

oranges is right though until the tensioner can come back people will complain about this its a recurring issue. Making the shuttle time to call sooner will only increase the amount of meta around certain round types. Its shitty to ask for rounds to only be 10 minuites long. This aint call of duty its Space Station 13.