Radiation

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: Radiation

Post by Dr_bee » #350951

Bottom post of the previous page:

Yakumo_Chen wrote:
ExcessiveJMadison wrote:
Yakumo_Chen wrote:Because forcing yourself to be removed from the round so you don't kill everyone with radiation because you decided to fix the SM from exploding is kind of shitty and short of virology (which has instant and near-instant cures) there is no other stlystem in place that forces Tonto quarantine yourself if you don't want to kill the entire station

Rad mutations are also hilariously likely to get you killed if the toxin damage doesnt since you'll end up mute and deaf and permastunned
If you're in engineering you have access to rad suits to mitigate most of this.

Not everything needs an easy fix.
not complete rad protection, even a few seconds of standing near the SM with the CE hardsuit (which has 90% protection) is still enough to give you a lethal amount of radiation. Radiation procs constantly. It constantly hits you with 200+ radiation, multiple times a second. It adds up FAST. This then makes everything you're wearing unusable for the rest of the round because your clothes will just feedback loop and give you radiation forever. God forbid you're not the CE and stuck with an engi hardsuit (80% protection). That's 40 rads a tick, or more. Hope someone didn't damage the pipes adjacent to the SM.

That's not even going into other sources like the Singulo which outputs a patently ridiculous amount of radiation per tick.

Worse

>be borg
>have to fix the SM
>immune to radiation but you still soak up rads like it's christmas
>you are now a moving Law 1 infaction, better kill yourself to be sure because there's no fucking way to get de-radiated
Borgs getting irradiated was a bug that has been fixed last I checked, it was their tools getting contaminated.

Also probably should put some showers outside of the engine room on every map to take care of the contaminated hardsuits, or make hardsuits unable to be contaminated like radsuits.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #351094

Yall need to settle down with the buffs to chems and bio suits or whatever the fuck.

Aside from the huge list of hilarious bugs, the three actual balance changes that need to be are:
A) Massively tone down the amount of rads that come off sources of radiation
B) Get rid of the bullshit "rads through 20 walls and 50 tiles" shit
C) 2nd hand radiation (ie: rads from a irradiated person/suit as opposed to the supermatter) needs to be DRAMATICALLY lower than 1st hand exposure. Being near a nuclear reactor does not turn you into a fucking nuclear reactor, while I wouldn't exactly welcome putting on someone's irradiated jumpsuit, even if they took a massively lethal dose a rads, putting on said clothes WOULD NOT do anything near the same to you, the 2nd nerd.

If you start balancing other shit in response to rads in it's current broken bitch nigga state, then you'll either have to rebalance it later, or it will have new issues down the line.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #351301

yeah actually I think lumi raises a good point. if you're gonna make radiation able to contaminate because "realisms" or whatever, you should actually make it vaguely resemble reality rather than an anti-nuclear propaganda book printed by a hippy commune.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #352427

>supermatter explodes
>so do admin logs
fix this
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
legoscape
Byond Username: Legoscape

Post by legoscape » #357338

I'm a little upset about radiation. The whole mechanic of radiation is just slightly off. For starters, radiation goggles that engineering receive do absolutely nothing, There is no way of washing off radiation if something is irradiated, It's really hard to survive it after becoming irradiated and, I have no clue how to get radiation off things that are irradiated.

Edit: I'm also glad that rad guns got a massive nerf, It allows blobs to actually fight the crew
Chocodemon
Byond Username: Chocodemon

Post by Chocodemon » #360566

Uranium golems interact with the new radiation system in an interesting way. They start out with low radiation levels but it continues to increase as long as they're alive, maybe even when they're dead. I've seen golems hit around 1400% radiation levels. This is intended, right?