>xrays now only hit one mob

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Moderators: MisterPerson, Code Maintainers

User avatar
Deitus
 
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:26 pm
Byond Username: Deitus

>xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Deitus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:00 pm #357543

so this means it only hits one tile of blob?

what in the fuck is the point of xrays then? where was this discussed? i crave answers
Image



User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby iamgoofball » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:12 pm #357544

Deitus wrote:so this means it only hits one tile of blob?

what in the fuck is the point of xrays then? where was this discussed? i crave answers

The github, where everything is discussed

User avatar
kevinz000
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:41 am
Location: Dorm Room 3
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby kevinz000 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:13 pm #357545

iamgoofball wrote:
Deitus wrote:so this means it only hits one tile of blob?

what in the fuck is the point of xrays then? where was this discussed? i crave answers

The github, where everything is discussed

Is it bad that I'm agreeing with goof?

User avatar
Deitus
 
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:26 pm
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Deitus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:15 pm #357547

i didnt know about it, can you guys fill me in on why blobs are now op?
Image

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby PKPenguin321 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:29 pm #357551

SOme stupid drama bullshit where 1 guy wanted to remove everything then compromised it down to only removing the xray then it got compromised down to just nerfing xray
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby iamgoofball » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:29 pm #357552

Deitus wrote:i didnt know about it, can you guys fill me in on why blobs are now op?

Get good

User avatar
Deitus
 
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:26 pm
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Deitus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:32 pm #357553

PKPenguin321 wrote:SOme stupid drama bullshit where 1 guy wanted to remove everything then compromised it down to only removing the xray then it got compromised down to just nerfing xray


so basically secborgs again. what in the fuck is the point of xrays now? i VERY rarely see them outside of blob shifts or MAYBE an op shift once in a blue moon, and they're basically required to have a chance against the former.

why in the hell do we keep allowing a minority of whiners to make major changes to the game?
Image

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:47 pm.
Reason: Abrasive

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby PKPenguin321 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:35 pm #357557

To be fair I imagine they're still pretty good if you're holding a siege on a clock fort or something
I've used them in 1 on 1 fights before they were nerfed and won because whenever the guy I was shooting at ducked behind cover he put only himself at a disadvantage
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Deitus
 
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:26 pm
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Deitus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:46 pm #357561

>majority of people are fine/indifferent about a feature
>one guy gets dunked
>"waaaaaaaah this is op!"
>a few others jump on the bandwagon
>feature changed/removed

why didnt we just make it so they can go through mobs but not walls? the main reason for xrays existence is now completely invalidated.
Image

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby PKPenguin321 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:47 pm #357563

Deitus wrote:why didnt we just make it so they can go through mobs but not walls? the main reason for xrays existence is now completely invalidated.

no?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Iatots
 
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:17 pm
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Iatots » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:01 pm #357571

The point of x-ray was/is to go through solid objects. Though now it works more as a weird anti-bio weapon. I would have preferred it simply diminish in damage with each object penetration than this.
Last edited by Iatots on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Deitus
 
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:26 pm
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Deitus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:09 pm #357574

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Deitus wrote:why didnt we just make it so they can go through mobs but not walls? the main reason for xrays existence is now completely invalidated.

no?


99% of the reason people make xrays is because there's a blob on board. unless im misunderstanding, xrays now only hit one blob tile per shot. thats a massive nerf to crew ability to fight blob.
Image

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:05 am.
Reason: Derailing

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:06 am.
Reason: Response to delete

User avatar
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:54 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby TribeOfBeavers » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:23 pm #357585

It is very difficult to balance blob when there is a weapon that instantly wins the round for the crew. Most blob rounds/events end up as a binary "Does the crew have Xrays? If so they win, if not they lose". which isn't interesting for the crew or the blob.

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:06 am.
Reason: Response to delete

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby PKPenguin321 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:05 am #357623

Remie, I purged your posts because they're not exactly on topic and are going to derail (you've got several (You)s already I've had to delete). No personal offense intended.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
ShadowDimentio
 
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 3:15 am
Byond Username: David273

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby ShadowDimentio » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:08 am #357626

They were too good VS blobs, that's why they got nerfed. Now they're good just not round-ending for blob.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz

User avatar
Anonmare
 
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Blighty
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Anonmare » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:16 am #357636

They also weren't hard to make. If mining was competent, I could shit out x-ray lasers in ~25 minutes assuming nothing detrimental happened.

A competent scientist can outfit revs in advanced e-guns before the 20 minute mark
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Deitus
 
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:26 pm
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Deitus » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:46 am #357671

i still see this hard a nerf as a really big downside. what does the crew use to fight late-stage blobs now? bombs/fires harm humans more than the blob and often will earn you a bwoink, and the only thing really left is lasers and welders, which are really only good for the "early game." xrays can be easy to make if competent people do the work, but that rarely happens in the first place. in blob rounds i play i very rarely see them until most of the crew is dead and the blob all but unopposed. if we really have to keep it only hitting one tile instead of not going through walls/only going through x number of tiles, it needs to have way more damage or way longer charge or its just an egun with different sounds.

without xrays, blobs have a massive advantage.
Image

User avatar
kevinz000
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:41 am
Location: Dorm Room 3
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby kevinz000 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:52 am #357678

get good deitus we didn't always have rnd that was able to be done anywhere as fast and mining that was anywhere as powerful.
we had to fight blobs before too.

User avatar
Deitus
 
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:26 pm
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Deitus » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:59 am #357680

im fully aware of how blobs have been handled in the past, im not a complete newfag. and "get good" isnt an argument, let alone when the only way to fight a blob is melee or guns that run out of charge before they can destroy maybe three tiles. not to mention usually a good chunk of crew doesnt fight the blob in the first place.

im telling you guys, this is going to give blobs a massive advantage they didnt need. if the majority is in favor of this then all right, but mark my words, blob will now have a massively skewed win ratio, and i bet players that dont actively follow github (read: most of the playerbase) are not going to be happy with their lack of options to effectively fight or even have a chance against a halfway competent blob.
Image

onleavedontatme
 
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:26 pm
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby onleavedontatme » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:35 am #357694

If blobs are OP and impossible to fight maybe the solution is to rescale their points/health instead of just having one gun you can make in 15 minutes that autokills them without any counterplay or interaction?

User avatar
kevinz000
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:41 am
Location: Dorm Room 3
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby kevinz000 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:47 am #357695

goddamnit xrays should never have been labelled the "get this if you ever want to win blob".
it should be "get this and you can easily win blob but if you don't have this you should be able to fight effectively anyways".
why are we so reliant on a single R&D gun to counter blob?
yes rnd guns tend to be powerful but nowhere else is a single gun the answer to an entire gamemode (well it's not a gamemode anymore but you get my point.)

User avatar
Deitus
 
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:26 pm
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Deitus » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:57 am #357697

Kor wrote:If blobs are OP and impossible to fight maybe the solution is to rescale their points/health instead of just having one gun you can make in 15 minutes that autokills them without any counterplay or interaction?

>coders caring

kevinz000 wrote:goddamnit xrays should never have been labelled the "get this if you ever want to win blob".
it should be "get this and you can easily win blob but if you don't have this you should be able to fight effectively anyways".
why are we so reliant on a single R&D gun to counter blob?
yes rnd guns tend to be powerful but nowhere else is a single gun the answer to an entire gamemode (well it's not a gamemode anymore but you get my point.)


like i keep saying, the only two feasible options are melee and guns that do too little damage vs charge time, which rarely is effective against blobs in early game, let alone late game. i actually like the idea of the station frantically holding back a horrible abomination while scientists frantically work towards a solution before its employed and the crew is victorious. it'd be nice to see a kind of "cure" made for the blob after strenuous conditions are met but again
>coders caring
Image

onleavedontatme
 
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:26 pm
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby onleavedontatme » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:14 am #357704

Deitus wrote:
Kor wrote:If blobs are OP and impossible to fight maybe the solution is to rescale their points/health instead of just having one gun you can make in 15 minutes that autokills them without any counterplay or interaction?

>coders caring

kevinz000 wrote:goddamnit xrays should never have been labelled the "get this if you ever want to win blob".
it should be "get this and you can easily win blob but if you don't have this you should be able to fight effectively anyways".
why are we so reliant on a single R&D gun to counter blob?
yes rnd guns tend to be powerful but nowhere else is a single gun the answer to an entire gamemode (well it's not a gamemode anymore but you get my point.)


like i keep saying, the only two feasible options are melee and guns that do too little damage vs charge time, which rarely is effective against blobs in early game, let alone late game. i actually like the idea of the station frantically holding back a horrible abomination while scientists frantically work towards a solution before its employed and the crew is victorious. it'd be nice to see a kind of "cure" made for the blob after strenuous conditions are met but again
>coders caring


The guy who has never so much as properly reported a bug complains the people who create the game do not care, makes me think

User avatar
Deitus
 
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:26 pm
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Deitus » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:31 am #357713

Kor wrote:
Deitus wrote:
Kor wrote:If blobs are OP and impossible to fight maybe the solution is to rescale their points/health instead of just having one gun you can make in 15 minutes that autokills them without any counterplay or interaction?

>coders caring

kevinz000 wrote:goddamnit xrays should never have been labelled the "get this if you ever want to win blob".
it should be "get this and you can easily win blob but if you don't have this you should be able to fight effectively anyways".
why are we so reliant on a single R&D gun to counter blob?
yes rnd guns tend to be powerful but nowhere else is a single gun the answer to an entire gamemode (well it's not a gamemode anymore but you get my point.)


like i keep saying, the only two feasible options are melee and guns that do too little damage vs charge time, which rarely is effective against blobs in early game, let alone late game. i actually like the idea of the station frantically holding back a horrible abomination while scientists frantically work towards a solution before its employed and the crew is victorious. it'd be nice to see a kind of "cure" made for the blob after strenuous conditions are met but again
>coders caring


The guy who has never so much as properly reported a bug complains the people who create the game do not care, makes me think


ive reported bugs before, i just thought i was banned from github. but then again
>coders bugfixing
so it doesnt make a difference anyway
Image

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Cobby » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:54 am #357721

I had to make this or else it would get removed outright.

As of now, late game blob is just you delaying the inevitable pretty much. You lose.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Cobby » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:03 am #357727

PKPenguin321 wrote:SOme stupid drama bullshit where 1 guy wanted to remove everything then compromised it down to only removing the xray then it got compromised down to just nerfing xray


You can say his name.

G O O F
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
ShadowDimentio
 
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 3:15 am
Byond Username: David273

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby ShadowDimentio » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:49 am #357734

Just make mechs and aeguns, it's not hard. Those at least have some counterplay the blob can do and don't just instantly kill it.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz

User avatar
Qbopper
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Qbopper » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:07 am #357738

Kor wrote:
Deitus wrote:
Kor wrote:If blobs are OP and impossible to fight maybe the solution is to rescale their points/health instead of just having one gun you can make in 15 minutes that autokills them without any counterplay or interaction?

>coders caring

kevinz000 wrote:goddamnit xrays should never have been labelled the "get this if you ever want to win blob".
it should be "get this and you can easily win blob but if you don't have this you should be able to fight effectively anyways".
why are we so reliant on a single R&D gun to counter blob?
yes rnd guns tend to be powerful but nowhere else is a single gun the answer to an entire gamemode (well it's not a gamemode anymore but you get my point.)


like i keep saying, the only two feasible options are melee and guns that do too little damage vs charge time, which rarely is effective against blobs in early game, let alone late game. i actually like the idea of the station frantically holding back a horrible abomination while scientists frantically work towards a solution before its employed and the crew is victorious. it'd be nice to see a kind of "cure" made for the blob after strenuous conditions are met but again
>coders caring


The guy who has never so much as properly reported a bug complains the people who create the game do not care, makes me think


>mfw he was gitbanned despite not having a git account
Limey wrote:its too late.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby oranges » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:44 am #357759

I don't think blob tiles would count as a mob so the xray would still go through them if it stops on hitting mobs only

User avatar
Deitus
 
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:26 pm
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Deitus » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:48 am #357780

oranges wrote:I don't think blob tiles would count as a mob so the xray would still go through them if it stops on hitting mobs only


if this is true then i have no issue since i can see that xrays as they were would be very op in cuck cult situations where you can just fire from crew spawn in reebe and win, if someone could test this it'd be great
Image

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby oranges » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:49 am #357783

nope, looks like it applies to blob tiles as well

Incomptinence
 
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 3:01 am
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Incomptinence » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:49 am #357796

I've heard blob is performing poorly even as a side antag (probably especially due to RND allergy) and the one time I saw it last week just one charger, just armoury lasers and few civilians was enough to take one down.
We were being hella sloppy too.

Not even sure anti blob RND shit is needed any more.

User avatar
Yakumo_Chen
 
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:08 pm
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Yakumo_Chen » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:20 pm #358011

Blob is a late game antag now where rnd will already have access to gun printing, mech can be easily built, cargo will have a lot of points, and a fairly larger portion of the crew will be armed + mode antag that can choose to fight with antag benefits against the blob.

Plopping down a blob when crew can print the I Win gun in a half a minute and not 25 does bot help blobs chances for being a fun antag to play against

If this were about roundstart blob I would agree buy as of now the crew starts with a massive advantage against blobs and does not need an I Win gun. Hell, rnd can print 20 experimental welders and crew will be a huge challenge for blob.
Last edited by Yakumo_Chen on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:40 pm.
Reason: Just attacking OP

User avatar
Deitus
 
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:26 pm
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Deitus » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:11 pm #358065

Yakumo_Chen wrote:Blob is a late game antag now where rnd will already have access to gun printing, mech can be easily built, cargo will have a lot of points, and a fairly larger portion of the crew will be armed + mode antag that can choose to fight with antag benefits against the blob.

Plopping down a blob when crew can print the I Win gun in a half a minute and not 25 does bot help blobs chances for being a fun antag to play against

If this were about roundstart blob I would agree buy as of now the crew starts with a massive advantage against blobs and does not need an I Win gun. Hell, rnd can print 20 experimental welders and crew will be a huge challenge for blob.


thats a good point actually, though it still depends on someone actually doing rnd as well as the crew being willing/able to fight the blob in late game. i still have some heavy reservations but ill keep final judgement until i see a few nu-blob events pan out.
Image

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: Armhulen

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Armhulen » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:52 am #358213

Remember when blobbernaughts were great and then someone sperged out and made them auto lose you the game because they cost too much and do nothing
go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

Dr_bee
 
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:31 pm
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Dr_bee » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:16 am #358222

This is still a pretty huge nerf to the gun's other use, if you cant hit more than one person through walls consider upping the burn damage or the rads from it. It is a late round weapon and really should be powerful. Rads are probably the best bet, as they are basically a long term damage over time effect.

User avatar
leibniz
 
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 6:21 pm
Location: Seeking help
Byond Username: Leibniz

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby leibniz » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:01 am #358230

Incomptinence wrote:I've heard blob is performing poorly even as a side antag (probably especially due to RND allergy) and the one time I saw it last week just one charger, just armoury lasers and few civilians was enough to take one down.
We were being hella sloppy too.

Not even sure anti blob RND shit is needed any more.


Random event blobs typically get less resources than blobround blobs, and this is combined with the research already being done usually, and as a bonus they spawn in shitty locations.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement

User avatar
Deitus
 
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:26 pm
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Deitus » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:57 pm #358390

wasnt it changed so latestart blobs choose their location? couldve sworn i read that in the changelog.
Image

User avatar
cedarbridge
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby cedarbridge » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:10 pm #358394

Deitus wrote:wasnt it changed so latestart blobs choose their location? couldve sworn i read that in the changelog.

Supposed to but we've had a lot of cases where that either doesn't work or the ghost was watching something on lavaland and got teleported to a matching coordinate on-station to prevent miningbleb

CPTANT
 
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby CPTANT » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:31 pm #358713

X-rays should just lose 10-20% of their damage for every object they pass through.
Screemonster wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to RP with a grille

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Shadowflame909 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:46 am #359299

CPTANT wrote:X-rays should just lose 10-20% of their damage for every object they pass through.

I like this solution. I think it's a good one. Yes.

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

User avatar
christ110
 
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:40 am
Byond Username: Christ110

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby christ110 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:36 am #359331

That's how x-ray used to work, imo

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: Armhulen

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby Armhulen » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:42 am #359333

why would you punish people for using the item how it's intended
go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

User avatar
D&B
 
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:23 am
Location: *teleports behind you*
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby D&B » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:33 pm #359416

Armhulen wrote:why would you punish people for using the item how it's intended


I know mental damage impairs the ability to do so, but try reading threads before you comment on them.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?

J_Madison wrote:that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you

ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.

User avatar
kevinz000
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:41 am
Location: Dorm Room 3
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: >xrays now only hit one mob

Postby kevinz000 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:34 pm #359417

D&B wrote:
Armhulen wrote:why would you punish people for using the item how it's intended


I know mental damage impairs the ability to do so, but try reading threads before you comment on them.

+2 minutes to permaban for admib disrespect :^)

Next

Return to Coding Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users