Circuits

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Re: Circuits

Post by Incomptinence » #369360

Bottom post of the previous page:

Less OP than current ranged options really.
The circuits can trigger grenades and ttvs in a number of ways so they can already work the most potent of items.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #369379

Gun Hog wrote:How difficult (or overpowered) would it be to have a component that can use items on things? I am keen on finally making the AutoDoc idea a reality. I can already make a bot that grabs stuff, then throws that stuff at other stuff, but not one that can *use* stuff on other stuff.
its going to be a bit of a mess to implement, needs a holder mob to be the attack_by mob
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #369393

Oh also probably should make it not work with boh because they can already be smart grenade launchers better not make it a man seeking singularity bomb too.

Overall boh reference should be removed tho.
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Post by Selea » #369415

I've already told you, that I want to do it, but it's hard as hell. And Kevinz is trying to do it. Good luck to us both.
So it is pending, but I don't know, how long will it take.
Selea

Post by Selea » #369417

well...not sure about it.
Maybe I'll make later special items, which will fuck up assembly sensors. To make defence from killer bots.
Since, IRL is showing up glasses, which fuck ups popular image recognition systems, it's pretty logical. So, probably some objects will have such defence.But probably, I'll leave some ways to penetrate such defences.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #369428

make the swirly glasses block facial recognition
Selea

Post by Selea » #369431

/obj/item/clothing/glasses/???
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #382804

I'll just post my salt in this thread instead of making a new one.

Round 83823, I was wizard. Around ten minutes in I was at the Medbay hallway. Out of the top of my screen a hunter-seeker circuit bot suddenly ran towards me while jaunting around/skipping tiles/doing flips. Before I could mouseover blink or jaunt it was right next to me and I was instantly dead. Apparently it had multiple IEDs inside it. I had no reasonable way to react or prevent it at all. Ghosts were taunting me even though it literally happened in the span of one second. Supremely unfun. Info in the runtime.txt show some circuit details. I know shard/hatchet deathbots were nerfed but meth'd out kamikaze instantkill hunter-seekers are a thing?

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... untime.txt
https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... 3/game.txt

D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #382808

Should probably remove the lethal enabling options with disks hidden behind an off node regarding combat usable circuits being made at the same time, but then it'd raise hell in github and make people wonder why bother if someone manages to still circumvent this with other workaround to kill people without whatever enables lethal options.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Selea

Post by Selea » #382911

I'll make run of bots more smooth.If it will become real problem, I'll delete selfthrowing.but barely suicide bombing could be avoided at all.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #382927

To be fair there was enough time to react though. Someone could've spent less time in chemistry for a similar result.
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #382952

Oldman Robustin wrote:To be fair there was enough time to react though. Someone could've spent less time in chemistry for a similar result.
I'm not sure how you would remotely kill a wizard with chem stuff. Set up a whole bunch of voice activated deathmix grenades all over the station triggered by voice analyzers set to ei'nath?
Selea

Post by Selea » #382953

hide grenades and track him with AI/cam console.
but ei'nath option is very lovely too.
Selea

Post by Selea » #383045

how much are you tired with beep bots?
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #383073

EagleWiz wrote:
Oldman Robustin wrote:To be fair there was enough time to react though. Someone could've spent less time in chemistry for a similar result.
I'm not sure how you would remotely kill a wizard with chem stuff. Set up a whole bunch of voice activated deathmix grenades all over the station triggered by voice analyzers set to ei'nath?
Put the grenade on a spear.
SailorDave
Byond Username: SailorDave

Post by SailorDave » #383446

I have a few suggestions I'd like to offer, both mine and from others I've seen that are too lazy to post.

1. Please either let weapon mechanisms retain their connections when removed, or include a UI method of inserting a gun. Losing all of your connections and having to rebuild them when cloning is obnoxious.

2. Provide a circuit that returns a turf based on absolute coordinates entered. This could potentially be used for pathfinding/waypoint-setting purposes.

3. Maybe some sort of gas pump circuit? Something that can take in gasses, possibly filter them, and pump them back out later.
Selea

Post by Selea » #383641

1.I'm planning to do it.second option.
2.mkay.
3.not very likely to happen any time soon.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #384414

Schlomo Gaskin has been hit by the hatchet.
Your armor has softened hit to your chest.
Schlomo Gaskin fires the hybrid taser!
[Security] Schlomo Gaskin says, "HELp"
Schlomo Gaskin says, "HELp"

You feel your heart slow down...
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Selea

Post by Selea » #384610

Well,I've made PR, which will make throwerbot less threat.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #384937

Selea, any ETA on letting bots use surgery tools, or was that idea scrapped?
Selea

Post by Selea » #384950

It will be implemented either after tools refactor or after hands/usercheck refactor. Now it's just pain in ass to do.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #384981

Gun Hog wrote:Selea, any ETA on letting bots use surgery tools, or was that idea scrapped?
Actually making autodocs would be stupidly handy.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #388748

Right I was going to do some major balancing of my own to buff processing circuits and nerf manipulation circuits like thrower but I have way too much shit to be doing it right now since I can't even get the time out of my day to MAKE a circuit except when I'm doing it to test circuits because I'm so busy

So, here's my idea of making circuit assemblies/sizes/whatever that I dont' have time to code and would appreciate if had someone help out. This will replace the current drone/big/medium/small.
Each of these assembly types will have bitflags for its assembly type. Components will have bitflags for what they fit on.
For example, weapon firing modules should only fit on ones realistically big enough to fit a gun (NOT THE TINY CIRCUITS LIKE NOW.) and have an obvious inhand that it's armed.

Implant circuit - Only accepts processing and stuff, could have unique modules that give the user a HUD or something, but nothing that are realistically bigger than a small circuit, so no implant grenade primers or whatever.
Small circuit - weight class small, fits into internals box. Think of it as being as big as an emergency oxygen tank, a tablet, etc etc, something to that size. Components that fit in it should be able to realistically fit as before and as with all of the rest. No guns.
Medium circuit -Weight class normal. More or less the same as the current one. Imagine it to be as big as your internals box, your average assault rifle, or maybe a laptop.
Big circuit - Weight class bulky. It's basically the size of your backpack. Can you carry it? Yes. Can it fit in anything other than a BoH? Probably not. This would be the current medium ones but with more space.
Machine cased circuit/whatever you want to name it - It's a circuit but it's like a machine frame. Needs to be anchored to work, powered off an APC mainly but still has option for a battery backup. This one would be the current large assemblies, supporting large power relays and most stuff.
Drone circuit casing - It's drones. Movement modules go in here. It can fit most non obvious weapon (so throwers work I guess but maybe weaken throwers to not harm here?) things.
Armed drone circuit casing - It's above, costing the same, but it is able to fit almost anything. Any weapon modules nerfed for the normal drone casing would be in full strength here. This will also be BULLET DENSE, THROWING OBJECT COLLIDING, AND ABLE TO BE ATTACKED BY MELEE.
Armed machine cased circuit/large circuit/medium circuit - Varients of those but fits combat modules just like the armed drone case. THe main reason I want this is so w can give it an obvious inhand, so you can tell if someone's holding a laser burst rifle circuit or a harmless processor circuit, unlike now where you have to guess.

Any circuit with components that will allow it to physically interact with the world will be marked for hostile mob targetting and be displayed on diag hud. There will be a prioritizing system so things like megafaunas go after the most dangerous circuits first if they target circuits, instead of allowing less dangerous weapon bots to distract it from something.

If no one gives this a try in half a month+ I'll probably try to get time to do it myself, as I believe this would HELP (not by itself) solve many of the current balance issues, allowing for more fun circuit components like hand modules in the future.

Edit: Implant circuits are probably a bad idea even without any physical interaction.
Edit edit: Also selea make movement things on drones not more powerful than player runspeed/running. They shouldn't ever be faster than a player running at normal runspeed, and they shouldn't be able to automatically cross over tables, they're overpowered right now with smooth movement as it's very good at dodging.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #388771

Last time I tried to Nerf circuits I had autistic power gamers crying in PRs and some were even pming me on discord over fucking circuits.

Someone should bite the bullet and Nerf it to hell and back so it's not just something people use to insta crit people constantly with.
Selea

Post by Selea » #388783

0.I've already buffed processing very hard. Mostly 2 thing remaining:list boolean operations,processor.
1. It's already implemented about size by mechanics. Weapon firing should fit into no less than normal circuit. Looks like I've forgotten something while porting.
2.bitflags? Maybe good idea. But problem still is like of inhand sprites.
3. Now All assemblies is bullet dense,attackable,attackable by all megafauna(except ranged attack of Hierophant). Not very like idea of object collide.
Now megafauba aggro only if there is combat circuits in assembly. But if you want prioretizable aggro,you need to improve MF AI very hard. It's not only about of circuits. Luckily hostile AI less abomination,than regular bot ones,but still relatively dumb. You should pray to Goof for goap.
4. Max drone speed is 10 tiles/sec now. Note the fact,that you barely can stick into case something else,except locomotuon and pulling claw. But in practical,there are people,who outrun drone. Human is slightly faster.
Also don't like idea of needed to be anchored for work. Maybe only special modules.But big machine should be dense.
5.I made drones to move smooth. What don't you like now?
6. Implants without any phys interaction just pointless.Implants just not very useful, if you count polaris experiece.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #389003

implants are quite powerful actually if you know how to use them but whatever.
there needs to be different sizes/classes of circuits. bitflags determine which chassis type it is and which ones components fit in.
not all circuits should allow weapons, and therefore not all of them should be automatically aggro'd and targetted.
the current size system is not complex enough for proper balancing.
anchored machinery is good. the big circuit right now can stay but there should be proper machine circuits.
Selea

Post by Selea » #389023

1. Implants on polaris have barely enought complexity to recreate chem implant. They have very questionable usablity. Anyway, I don't wanna port em yet.
Best use for them is remote buttbot interface. Or explosive implants.
So you slip people,implant them and make their ass talk about ass. Sadly,there is no clowns on polaris.
2.mostly agreed. So add bitflags and adjust size value.
But we still haven't sprites for inhands. So without help of spriter idea mostly pointless. If we'll try to do it,it probably will be ugly at level of... well, I won't be rude enought to point it out directly. Very-very ugly.
3. Now megafauna aggro on every assembly with combat circuits. It uses combat_circuit var. Same as diagnostical HUD. So if there is no thrower/firer/grenade primer,assembly will be ignored.
Yes, you can throw loads of assemblies ,which runs away from MF with empty grenade primer to distract boss. But it is better,than it was,right?
4.I didn't understand you. I'll rephrase,what I did mean:
A. Anchored shouldn't influence on most of assembly functions. Maybe only on some modules,which wasn't implemented yet. Direct cable node interaction,for example.
B.current electronic machine (big assembly)should present as it is.
C. We can implement full fledged machine,which is dense and can't be picked up. But I don't know,how to deal with blueprints in this case. And ,honestly,dont know, why it is so needed.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #393000

I would greatly appreciate it if tickers had a pulse in that toggled their on/off bool. You can kind of fudge it by making an alternating signal with some arithmetic parts but it's honestly such a pain in the ass
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Selea

Post by Selea » #393079

remind me after freeze.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #393563

Also IMO concatenators should use less complexity. They're basically required for any meaningful feedback and are very common, at least in my circuits
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #394044

circuit wishlist

Patrol circuit: Essentially replicates the function that securitrons/medibots have where they patrol the station

Attacker circuit: Uses a grabbed object on a ref. So if you have a circuit with a grabber and an attacker, give it a knife, and set the ref as a human, it will attack the human with the knife. Could also have utility by way of being used for things like drones that use screwdrivers on girders, for example.
Spoiler:
Selea

Post by Selea » #394070

1. Which layout should have patrol circuit? Which I/O?
2. Hands will be,but not soon. It's very hard to do. And requires horrifying refucktors.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #394198

Selea wrote:1. Which layout should have patrol circuit? Which I/O?
I think you could have it use on ON/OFF bool for input, and output a direction that could be used by a locomotion circuit. It could have an outgoing pulse for "on checkpoint reached"

Also, more circuits I would like:

Light sensor: Checks the brightness of the tile it's on. Pulse in to calculate brightness, and a pulse out for "on calculated." Outputs the brightness as a number.

Area examiner: Maybe incorporate this into the Examiner. Simply takes a ref as an input and outputs the name of the area that the ref is located in. Pulse in to calculate, and a pulse out for "on calculated."
Spoiler:
Selea

Post by Selea » #394216

1. No, it's bad idea because of snowflakes. I'll see something better.
2.maybe I'll add both brightness level and area name to turf examiner.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #394540

I can't seem to get the list advanced locator to output anything except null. I'm not sure if it's broken or if my input is bad. Has anybody been able to use it?

Also: Square root circuit seems to be broken, always outputting 0, while exponent circuit with the power set to 0.5 works fine.
The smoke circuit wasn't making smoke but was setting its internal reagents to 0 for somebody else earlier.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #394542

In addition, a simple list locator that works like the advanced locator (where it takes one ref as input) then outputs a list of every instance of the ref that it can find would be a godsend.

Also, a minimum range input for the advanced locator: So if the range is 8 and the minimum range is 4, it will only search in tiles that are between 4 and 8 tiles away.
Spoiler:
Selea

Post by Selea » #394644

1.list adv locator using list of strings. If given string can be founded in name+" "+desc of object, it will be in output list.
2.I'll test about square root. It worked fine for me.
3.smoke circuit works only if there are at least 10 reagents.
4 .hm. I'll think about it.
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #418438

Throwers are showing up again. Zipping around too fast to click/can't shoot at in any way, no way to tell who's controlling them, and instantly taking out a Durand at 90% to 0% in 5 seconds with glass shards, cool.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #418454

Anuv wrote:Throwers are showing up again. Zipping around too fast to click/can't shoot at in any way, no way to tell who's controlling them, and instantly taking out a Durand at 90% to 0% in 5 seconds with glass shards, cool.
Wasn't thrower damage removed?