Can we nerf miners now?

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Can we nerf miners now?

Post by calzilla1 » #375212

Ok, this is a bit of a salt thread, but come the fuck on.
What miners may have at any moment: (Red font if it's an antag item/ reskin antag item and not counting R&D items)
  • Instant heal injectors
    40 brute undisarmable sword
    X-ray+NVG
    Free irremovable jetpacks (while in air but point still stands)
    Brute dealing infinite tazers
    WALL PENETRATING INFINITE RANGE RECHARGING TAZERS
    instant summons (which means goodbye to ever taking away any of those items)
    zero slowdown, fire proof hardsuit
    15 damage pocket sized knife
    HoloparasitesGuardian Spirits
    Thermal Vision
    Cult shit (forgot either it was cult metal or hardsuit)
    Syndicate hard suit
    What ever the fuck is at the syndicate lavaland base
    PICK ANY MEGA FAUNA LOOT (except maybe the crystal)
And there's plenty of other shit I forgot to mention. This has gone way out of control and needs some serious culling in either difficulty to get these items, effectiveness of them, or some sort of longer time gate.

On a side note, I swear miners are some of the most self entitled brats I have ever seen. I play QM semi-often and I think I've been killed by my own mining staff more times than any antagonist while playing that job. Usually it's because I want to sell plasma (you know, that almost useless mat that's really only good for selling(xeno-biologists can make their own and chemists don't need much so shut up)) and the miners forget that they can print like 10 ADV plasma cutters with 2-3 sheets. So they wordlessly kill me while my CT's wordlessly stare at me (or joining in wew) and then when I bitch at them post-round they counter-bitch that I was "hogging the mats".
TL;DR:
MINERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt:
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: Can we nerf miners now?

Post by ShadowDimentio » #375215

Just shoot them and they die you huge pussy

Every miner murderboner I've ever seen has only been successful when the crew were fucking inept, nothing the miners have is anything so terrifying that the crew can't handle it.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #375216

calzilla1 wrote:I play QM semi-often and I think I've been killed by my own mining staff more times than any antagonist while playing that job. Usually it's because I want to sell plasma (you know, that almost useless mat that's really only good for selling(xeno-biologists can make their own and chemists don't need much so shut up)) and the miners forget that they can print like 10 ADV plasma cutters with 2-3 sheets. So they wordlessly kill me while my CT's wordlessly stare at me (or joining in wew) and then when I bitch at them post-round they counter-bitch that I was "hogging the mats".
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #375217

ShadowDimentio wrote:Just shoot them and they die you huge pussy

Every miner murderboner I've ever seen has only been successful when the crew were fucking inept, nothing the miners have is anything so terrifying that the crew can't handle it.
True that. One of the reasons why I'm making this thread is because I got cucked out of greentext by a miner last round (not by him doing anything, because I robusted his ass, but because he fucking stabbed him self with his insta heal syringe and came out of crit to squeal like the little bitch he is and had the rest of the crew swarm to me like flies to a recently shat out turd)
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #375219

Sounds like you shoulda finished him off my guy, those fancy syringes? They cost 500 points each. You got cucked because he still had his one from roundstart.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #375221

If you kill the miners you can take their loot
They're kind of like megafauna that die to a tossed water bottle and a kitchen knife
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #375222

500 points is barely anything.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #375338

You can easily earn 500 points by digging up several tiles of sand in like, under 3 minutes
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #375340

A crit miner with a guardian spirit had their spirit drag them into medbay and beg for heals. Now I had seen the miner earlier parading around with the rushed loot pretty early on and basically concluded they probably took an enormous amount of beating to take down the first place since they always have such broken shit.

I just told the spirit such miraculous guardian spirit technology rendered the miner's innards beyond my humble comprehension and let them slowly pass away.

Don't be a moronic medic, loot rushing miners who then waltz around the station are looking for trouble. Don't help them.
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #375383

Yeah, maybe Im wrong. Because three rounds in a fucking row I cucked miners trying to kill me with their supah speshul gear (usually by taking their stuff and using it against them)

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #375402

Anonmare wrote:You can easily earn 500 points by digging up several tiles of sand in like, under 3 minutes
Then congrats you've earned a second healy pen. If a antag miner wants to spend extra time actually working their job to get loot to fuck the station all the harder, I say more power to them.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #375408

calzilla1 wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:Just shoot them and they die you huge pussy

True that. One of the reasons why I'm making this thread is because I got cucked out of greentext by a miner last round (not by him doing anything, because I robusted his ass, but because he fucking stabbed him self with his insta heal syringe and came out of crit to squeal like the little bitch he is and had the rest of the crew swarm to me like flies to a recently shat out turd)
You cuuuuuuck. That was me. It took 30 seconds for the heals to kick in
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Sweets
Byond Username: Reondin

Post by Sweets » #375413

Where are all these things you list other than the knife and medipens? Tendrils?

I only ever get alien brains, cursed hearts and ships in a bottle. Because you know. It's RNG based.

Besides if you get megafauna loot (including ash drake armor) you deserve it.

Mining is fine. Botany and Xenobio have far higher powercreep for the amount of time invested.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #375420

calzilla1 wrote:Ok, this is a bit of a salt thread, but come the fuck on.
What miners may have at any moment: (Red font if it's an antag item/ reskin antag item and not counting R&D items)
  • Instant heal injectors
    X-ray+NVG
    HoloparasitesGuardian Spirits
    Thermal Vision
    Syndicate hard suit
And there's plenty of other shit I forgot to mention. This has gone way out of control and needs some serious culling in either difficulty to get these items, effectiveness of them, or some sort of longer time gate.
40 brute undisarmable sword = Why the fuck would i give up a limb
X-ray + NVG = Actually really good but i rarely see it
Wall penetrating infinite range tasers? = Honkmother staff? It doesn't stun as long as a taser.
zero slowdown fireproof hardsuit = You talking inquisitor armor and the champion's armor? Rare drops from tendrils
15 damage pocket knife = damn really? i thought it was 10
Holoparasites = Very rare and 90% of the time they fucking kill you
Thermal Vision = Where the fuck are thermals
Cult shit = Cult hardsuit or a stack of cult metal it's essentially just another fireproof hardsuit(?)
Syndicate Hard Suit = Where the fuck are you getting that they removed the wishgranter ruin
Syndicate Lavaland Base = Very rarely does anyone get to invade the base without getting their arm sniped off or blowing up

But there is a timegate you rube. 90% of the time megafauna are far from the base and so are tendrils. In a few RARE cases where they are right near the base I'll still usually just mine materials first.

But seriously there is a HUGE amount of RNG involved with tendrils. There's such a huge list you can just get kinetic accelerator mods, cursed hearts, ship in a bottle, OR ENTIRELY FUCKING USELESS ALIEN BRAINS. I beleive they coudl even check the statistics for how often megafauna and tendril are killed and what loot people got. I bet it's a lot lower than you think.

But reminder... you got cucked because of a lowly medipen.

calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #375432

Sweets and bomb, you may be correct about the mega fauna (except the drake get that shit outta here) but the RNG isnt even weighted. You have an equal chance to get a katana(40 damage melee), holoparacite (wtf are you talking about it "kills you"), and wisp (thermals). Also, xenobio and botany are more dangerous, because if you consider simple mobs to be dangerous you need to be bullied you fucking nerd. Xenobio is more "RNG" based and botany takes way more time and effort. Also the drake armor is no slowdown.
Im gonna go on a tangent here and tell you whats weighted, and thus bullshit. Bundles. You would have been a non-issue if I got any other bundle except the shitty sabotage bundle. But, since it's really fucking heavily weighted, I really only have the option of sabotage or spy.
Edit:It's 27. You have a 1/27 chance to get any of this shit

Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #375443

You can get Nuke OPs suit from rare legion drops
Sweets

Post by Sweets » #375448

Yes its unweighted. Because look how much absolute trash and meh items (paradox bags, nar'sie suit, inferno grenade, soulstone, alien brain, cursed heart, sord, posessed blade, ship in a bottle, inquis hardsuit, book of babby, 4 modkits, jacobs ladder, diamond pick, immortality talisman, dark blessing, wicker doll) are in those chest compared to the good items (Katana,Eye, Wisp, Meathook, guardian deck, Cubes, Khorne Hardsuit, strange elixir, instant summons).
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #375458

Sweets wrote:Yes its unweighted. Because look how much absolute trash and meh items (paradox bags, nar'sie suit, inferno grenade, soulstone, alien brain, cursed heart, sord, posessed blade, ship in a bottle, inquis hardsuit, book of babby, 4 modkits, jacobs ladder, diamond pick, immortality talisman, dark blessing, wicker doll) are in those chest compared to the good items (Katana,Eye, Wisp, Meathook, guardian deck, Cubes, Khorne Hardsuit, strange elixir, instant summons).
Youre one dumb ligger arent you? At least half of the "shit" items are great. The instaplasma fire, the cult translator, insta-cremator, the modkits look good but Im not a miner so :/, inquis/ nar suit are fire proof no slowdown hardsuits (inquis also has pretty much "fuck you" juice) cursed heart is a bit hit and miss (good continuous healing but you have to maintain your own heart), depends whats in the paradox bag, free 10 sec god mode (rip assasins)

SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #375460

you act like they come back on station with every single god tier chest drop which
1) no they don't
2) the drops are usually shit
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #375464

SpaceInaba wrote:you act like they come back on station with every single god tier chest drop which
1) no they don't
2) the drops are usually shit
ITT niggas who need tp go back to the 1st grade because they cant READ
Also, isnt the ayy brain being removed?

Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #375469

ITT entitled unrobust qm virgins cry about Chad miners
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #375473

Deitus wrote:ITT entitled unrobust qm virgins cry about Chad miners
>Virgin QMs
>Chad miners
Lmao

onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #375476

Sweets wrote:Where are all these things you list other than the knife and medipens? Tendrils?

I only ever get alien brains, cursed hearts and ships in a bottle. Because you know. It's RNG based.
Many threads about mining balance are like this. Someone will list every single item a miner can potentially get across all rounds and list them all together even though there arent enough tendrils/ruins per round to actually spawn them all, nevermind that half the things in the op go in the same inventory slot.
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #375483

Kor wrote:
Sweets wrote:Where are all these things you list other than the knife and medipens? Tendrils?

Many threads about mining balance are like this. Someone will list every single item a miner can potentially get across all rounds and list them all together even though there arent enough tendrils/ruins per round to actually spawn them all,
What part of may have dont you fagollis dont understand
nevermind that half the things in the op go in the same inventory slot.
What

D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #375506

Instant heal injectors
Which require you to do your job, are not instant, and help you mine more
Neither the dark blessing nor the enchanted sword do this amount of damage. If you mean the Katana, you can see it in their sprite since it doesn't fit in bags anymore and you shouldn't expect someone unarmed to beat someone armed.
X-ray+NVG
Which is a rare drop
Makes you non-human, only works on gravity, and leaves you unable to use backpacks.
One of the slowest projectile weapons in the game with low ammo count. Ridiculous but not a guaranteed drop
Explain this?
It can only mark one item, which means disarming them of any of the other are lost for them forever if you pick them up
Not common drops, and their armor values aren't that great either

You can literally print circular saws
Holoparasites;Guardian Spirits
Makes you unclonable unless you scan yourself, have no way of picking either and you're leaving yourself easy to remove permanently while banking on someone that's more likely than not going to get you killed.
Thermal Vision
Which item?
You cannot use cult metal, and the hardsuit is not even fireproof and a fast way of getting valided.

Syndicate hard suit
That ruin got removed, unless you talk about the 1% chance per legion (that you would have to hunt down) of having it.
The same base that's set to explode and in which you have to kill the personnel first to have access to the loot?
You mean someone taking a risk to be taken out of the round permanently gets big rewards if they succeed?

Wow, color me surprised
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Sweets

Post by Sweets » #375508

>inquis/ nar suit fireproof with no slowdown
Wrong only champion is.
>cult translator
Useful in what? 2 round types maybe?
> instaplasma fire
Lava is everywhere and there are easier ways to get this via chem
>modkits
Are broken, have to be printed in science
>cursed heart
Shit compared to medipens or legion core implant
>immortality talisman
Lmao dis nigga. Can't use while stunned.

Thats not even half by the way. Thats 9 good drops out of 30 possible items
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #375522

Sweets wrote:>inquis/ nar suit fireproof with no slowdown
Wrong only champion is.
>cult translator
Useful in what? 2 round types maybe?
> instaplasma fire
Lava is everywhere and there are easier ways to get this via chem
>modkits
Are broken, have to be printed in science
>cursed heart
Shit compared to medipens or legion core implant
>immortality talisman
Lmao dis nigga. Can't use while stunned.

Thats not even half by the way. Thats 9 good drops out of 30 possible items
>2 round types is a small sample
Lmao
Theyre tech disks not full mod kits, so that means you can essencially print an indefinate ammount
>via chem
Not really, unless you spend like 10 minutes making a grenade
Talisman ggnores bombs/fire/any imminate danger
Dee and bee stop saying rare drop. Technically the fucking sord is a rare drop

SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #375529

there are three miners every round not one
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #375534

I ded
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #375539

calzilla1 wrote:
Deitus wrote:ITT entitled unrobust qm virgins cry about Chad miners
>Virgin QMs
>Chad miners
Lmao
>virgin qm
>basically one rank above greyshirt
>no real big role in the station
>most times used as an onahole for chad HOS' and captains who come take over your department for mindshields
>wears sunglasses to try and look cool
>"p-p-please share your minerals with us chad miners, i need points for insulateds...!"

>chad miners
>many things on the station outright cannot be unlocked or used without their big greasy mining loads
>go to a planet that may or may not be actual hell, where they have to navigate lava, bottomless chasms, and deadly ash storms
>have their own fucking station because they dont want to be near the nerdy main station any more than absolutely necessary
>dont use pansy medkits, just jack themselves up with syringes full of drugs to heal up
>fight against drakes, demons, ferocious beasts, and LITERAL GODS for fun before butchering their bodies for kickass armor and loot
>come back home to a station as heroes, everyone gets in a line to spread their asscheeks out of pure respect and hope that the chad miner would deign to pleasure himself with them

qmlets, when will they learn?

also to your complaints:
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #375548

I find it funny that in the next thread over people are autistically screeching about fucking water, but think it's a good idea to let non-antags to get high level antag gear. Also, this is a salt thread, not an ided thread. Mostly because miners are hilariously unrobust.

onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #375551

calzilla1 wrote:what
You listed like three hardsuits in your original post
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #375558

I do like the dissonance between "Miners can have whatever badly-balanced (lets face it nobody balances mining kit they add it because its cool) kit they want as long as they have to work five minutes for it" and "tasers are bad all our antags are OP and should be nerfed and slipping needs to be removed it ruined my murderboner/ got used for a murderboner" being on the same forum simultaneously. If you ever need an example for the phrase "cant please everyone" its ss13
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #375577

Ill close the thread if someone PRs a removal of holoparacites from mining because thats the worst offender in my opinion ... or someone removes vundle weights

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #375616

What the fuck holoparas aren't even that fucking strong the only op one is the explosive one and only if you have time to.set up traps.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #375617

calzilla1 wrote:Ill close the thread if someone PRs a removal of holoparacites from mining because thats the worst offender in my opinion ... or someone removes vundle weights
Your fucking kidding right?

Holoparasites are fuckign awful. Usually you just get maimed horribly because your holopara eats all the bullets

Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #375622

digg the player
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #375678

Miners probably get more damage reduction using the bullshit armours they can muster rather than using a holopara and doubling their profile.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #375711

apply stun and you're done.
seriously miners are no more OP than some robust lad with an ecombo or noslip desword.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #375713

kevinz000 wrote:apply stun and you're done.
seriously miners are no more OP than some robust lad with an ecombo or noslip desword.
I tried this and the miner turned into an unstunnable dragon one time
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #375715

welcome to my life *looks at jean luc vanleer*

megafauna loot can be really powerful at times though tbh. eh. they earned it by killing the megafauna but you can argue that killing megafauna isn't hard for some.
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #375734

Bombadil wrote:
calzilla1 wrote:Ill close the thread if someone PRs a removal of holoparacites from mining because thats the worst offender in my opinion ... or someone removes vundle weights
Your fucking kidding right?

Holoparasites are fuckign awful. Usually you just get maimed horribly because your holopara eats all the bullets
18tc traitor items are awful? Well in that case why dont we add sleeping carp or sketchkins to the loot list. Besides, multiple people think those are awful too

calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #375735

Also, to people who say mining is hard
LMAOingat ur life right now

Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #375752

PKPenguin321 wrote:

Drake's blood potion has like a 25% chance to actually make you a drake. Otherwise it's gonna turn you into A: Fucking ashligger ai can kill you now and you can't wear shoes, B: Skellington pretty cool, Can walk on magma(Mostly useless as your massively slowed down), D: Drake pretty fucking awesome and your lucky if you get the drakes blood because sometiems you can kill 3 drakes and just get, 2 spellbooks of spontaneous combust and a staff of lava

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #375964

Bombadil wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:

Drake's blood potion has like a 25% chance to actually make you a drake. Otherwise it's gonna turn you into A: Fucking ashligger ai can kill you now and you can't wear shoes, B: Skellington pretty cool, Can walk on magma(Mostly useless as your massively slowed down), D: Drake pretty fucking awesome and your lucky if you get the drakes blood because sometiems you can kill 3 drakes and just get, 2 spellbooks of spontaneous combust and a staff of lava
ok but i was just saying kev's "solution" doesnt really work some amount of time
Spoiler:
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #375968

There have been 221 ash drake kills in January. 1/4 of the time you kill one you get the potion. 1/4 of the time you drink the potion you get the spell. So that is around 14 times people have gotten that power this month.

There have been 1288 rounds in January. So once every 100 rounds or so you might encounter a miner with it. Lets just make something up and say an average of 2 miners per round. Once every 200 times you tase a miner it might not work.

It's so infrequent as to be almost irrelevant in discussions about whether them having a katana or a boot knife or a hardsuit is balanced or easy to deal with.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #375988

ok then ignore it
Spoiler:
D&B

Post by D&B » #375989

No Kor holy shit it literally HAPPENS EVERY FUCKING ROUND
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
D&B

Post by D&B » #375991

Don't you know miners get antag status, nuke op gear, holoparasites and infinite FREE healing as soon as they step into lavaland?
Spoiler:
fuck you
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #375996

FREE is my favourite buzzword in coding feedback threads, and ironically was used by the OP to refer to one of the only things in his post that costs points.