Client crashing mega thread

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Client crashing mega thread

Post by MrStonedOne » #375718

1404 fixed the crash we were able to reproduce, using the shuttle placer thingy. I was able to confirm this.

So what we need to do is reset, as too much info in related issue threads applies to an old bug.

Bugs relating to hangs on clients that involved mobs that can see all turfs (ais, ghosts, advance camera consoles) have been fixed 3 times since 512 first came out.

What I need is more examples of what is going on when the hangs happen.

What I need is for everybody to list the following info for times when you have crashed on 1404 only.
  • state the general area you were looking at
  • state what kind of mob you were in,
    • state what view mode changes you had active (mason vision, darkness toggling, huds or invisibility changes, etc.)
  • if the turfs you had seen had changed since their round state, state any changes that you remember.
    • like being changed, being filled with a gas or gas overlay, being on fire, etc.
Also please note that there is a difference between a hang and a crash that requires a difference approach to solving. If it locks up or Windows says its `not responding`, thats a hang, if Windows says it has `stopped working` or the game window just closes flat out, that is a crash. Please specify which you are seeing.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Re: Client crashing mega thread

Post by Oldman Robustin » #375783

When was 1404 released?
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #375818

a few days ago.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #375890

as the AI it crashed while scrolling around the station not clicking on anything. Dont remember what area
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #401031

been crashing nearly every day for me, with no indication why. Once it crashed when I clicked myself while my icon bugged out, though, and I think two different times it happened with a captain nearby.