Fireball.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Fireball.

Post by Durkel » #376639

Can someone explain to me how fireball went from 20 dmg, lights you on fire, might dismember, and has a good chance to ko you to this?

One fireball and they're at 1% health with a limb missing. Was this intended or did someone fug up?
Attachments
why.PNG
why.PNG (7.76 KiB) Viewed 2601 times
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: Fireball.

Post by onleavedontatme » #376642

Explosions got reworked when dismemberment was added, fireballs are OP as hell now especially given you can aim them and they have a 3x3 "hitbox" to collide with people
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #376670

Thought you'd know explosion code by now Durkel its very much "light tickle" or "instant death" depending on how RNG is treating you.

You know whats really fucked up? Hitting a clockwork wizard with a 100u water/potassium lance and they aren't even knocked down (direct hit).

Then they stun you and throw the duplicate lance you had at you.

Gibbed.

The real OP spell is repulse. No warning, no projectile just an instant "fuck everyone on the nearest 121 tiles" button. I know I'm going up against a serious Esports Murderbone Wizard when I see them use repulse.

Oh and fuck the admin mirror, zombie wizards, clockwork wizard, synth wizards, fuck all that make it a 1 "point" relic.
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #376694

I would complain about fireball being OP, but honestly any spell that makes wizards want to take it over honk/blood demon is fine by me.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #376703

what kind of weirdo doesnt want honk/blood demons
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #376797

Oldman Robustin wrote:Thought you'd know explosion code by now Durkel its very much "light tickle" or "instant death" depending on how RNG is treating you.

You know whats really fucked up? Hitting a clockwork wizard with a 100u water/potassium lance and they aren't even knocked down (direct hit).

Gibbed.

The real OP spell is repulse. No warning, no projectile just an instant "fuck everyone on the nearest 121 tiles" button. I know I'm going up against a serious Esports Murderbone Wizard when I see them use repulse.

Oh and fuck the admin mirror, zombie wizards, clockwork wizard, synth wizards, fuck all that make it a 1 "point" relic.

Well it's only fair that clockwork armor is immune to LITERALLY FUCKING EVERYTHING EVER
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #377449

Bombadil wrote:
Oldman Robustin wrote:Thought you'd know explosion code by now Durkel its very much "light tickle" or "instant death" depending on how RNG is treating you.

Gibbed.

Well it's only fair that clockwork armor is immune to LITERALLY FUCKING EVERYTHING EVER

They take increased damage against laser weaponry, having a negative defensive stat against them. Just mass spam advanced lasers and telsa guns, they clocks will melt.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #377472

Clockwork golems don't get clockwork armor, don't mix the two up.

Clockwork golems are easily the most OP species though (20% free armor that stacks with armor they can wear, immune to space, chems, rads, shocks, etc.) and I'm tired of the magic mirror constantly falling into this trap because nobody is going to maintain a special mirror blacklist every time we add a new species. Remove clockwork golems and we'll get DEMON SPECIES added a few weeks later with innate jaunting or some shit.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #377473

Oldman Robustin wrote:Clockwork golems don't get clockwork armor, don't mix the two up.

Clockwork golems are easily the most OP species though (20% free armor that stacks with armor they can wear, immune to space, chems, rads, shocks, etc.) and I'm tired of the magic mirror constantly falling into this trap because nobody is going to maintain a special mirror blacklist every time we add a new species. Remove clockwork golems and we'll get DEMON SPECIES added a few weeks later with innate jaunting or some shit.
You mean Runic golems, since they have long-cooldown but innate jaunting
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #377476

Explosions are pretty much roll a fucking dice and depending on how lucky you are you either get tickled or gibbed

Not like wizard spells are supposed to be balanced anyways.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #377506

stop dying