Monks: A Feedback Thread

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Monks: A Feedback Thread

Post by Armhulen » #380986

Bottom post of the previous page:

I really do not want your pr to turn into a dumpster fire don't do that
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #380987

Armhulen wrote:I really do not want your pr to turn into a dumpster fire don't do that
its not a dumpster fire dude it's so monks aren't completely invisible, it's literally the same thing as if you rolled a head role and got reverted back to human
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #380989

Make it so if you become a chaplain monkey you get a small boost in power.
Spoiler:
as a reference to Sun Wu-Kong who was a Monkey Monk King
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #380991

monk robes where
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #380992

Please let monks keep the ability to have beards if you make them perma-bald and unable to fix it via mirror.

What is a wise old master without his beard?

Also I found a bug with boxing gloves. Putting them on makes you lose monk, and it resets your flurry of blows but lets you keep wholeness of body and other abilities, and doesnt seem to reset your level.

Probably should just make boxing gloves unwearable to monks, or do something to preserve all monk abilities when they use them.
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Post by Selea » #381054

allow inhuman monks.It is funny kung fu moth
Zarniwoop
Byond Username: Dagum

Post by Zarniwoop » #381470

Nobody is going to play Chaplain for legit reasons ever again if we keep this.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #381475

iamgoofball wrote:
Armhulen wrote:I really do not want your pr to turn into a dumpster fire don't do that
its not a dumpster fire dude it's so monks aren't completely invisible, it's literally the same thing as if you rolled a head role and got reverted back to human
You can do that without the pr suffering for it by adding a holy glow past a certain rank.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #381477

also goof you already have a rep of "FUCKING FURRIES REE" so nobody believes you if you say its for gameplay reasons
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #381479

SpaceInaba wrote:also goof you already have a rep of "FUCKING FURRIES REE" so nobody believes you if you say its for gameplay reasons
If this was for dissing furries, I wouldn't of locked and disabled your head slot to ensure you can't hide your bald.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #381486

no correlation
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #381496

The point is "make sure they're a bald human because aliens dont have hairstyles, and lock the head slot so they can't cover their bald"
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #381879

dude ling melts cuffs and kills you in a second with flurry of punches lmao
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #381880

Lumbermancer wrote:dude ling melts cuffs and kills you in a second with flurry of punches lmao
I'm going to blacklist monk+hulk/ling
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #381891

any thought to that non-combat xp gain idea I mentioned? It would be neat to be able to get a baseline amount of xp from blessing tiles or healing people for example. Also it would mean the monk has to go around the station and interact with people instead of punching their future disciple for 30 minutes.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #381892

yeah, maybe
Zarniwoop

Post by Zarniwoop » #381910

So this is being forced by a person who doesn't even play on the server and the only justification they'll give for it is 'because I feel like it." Meanwhile every greytiding shithead is now taking Chaplain to go around and crit people instantly for any reason at all, just to get those levels up. This is so fucking flawed, why is it still testmerged?
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #381942

Zarniwoop wrote:So this is being forced by a person who doesn't even play on the server and the only justification they'll give for it is 'because I feel like it." Meanwhile every greytiding shithead is now taking Chaplain to go around and crit people instantly for any reason at all, just to get those levels up. This is so fucking flawed, why is it still testmerged?
you need to smoke a bowl
Zarniwoop

Post by Zarniwoop » #382034

You need to make actual points.
factoryman942
Byond Username: Factoryman942

Post by factoryman942 » #382040

Zarniwoop wrote:So this is being forced by a person who doesn't even play on the server and the only justification they'll give for it is 'because I feel like it." Meanwhile every greytiding shithead is now taking Chaplain to go around and crit people instantly for any reason at all, just to get those levels up. This is so fucking flawed, why is it still testmerged?
>forced
it's kinda at the mercy of frogs and maintainers tho
also you have to grind to reach the ridiculous strength levels, so it's timegated
like genetics with their mini invisible all-seeing telepathic spaceproof stunproof hulks
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #382093

don't respond to that guy bman he's a discount fwoosh
Sweets
Byond Username: Reondin

Post by Sweets » #382145

Why not just require monk robes to be equipped to use your monk powers like wizard?

It's an obvious tell and allows nonhumans/women to monk as well without going bald.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #382146

Sweets wrote:Why not just require monk robes to be equipped to use your monk powers like wizard?

It's an obvious tell and allows nonhumans/women to monk as well without going bald.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #382147

Maybe you could even give it different sprites ala bible and null rod, so you can choose between a gi, a Shaolin robe, a plain robe...
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #382154

Sure and what spriter will make them?
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #382156

I believe I've seen sprites around. There are plenty of spritedumps on these forums, and I know fury mcflurry has quite a few already. If worst comes to worst, I've sprited things before.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #382203

iamgoofball wrote:Sure and what spriter will make them?
asking in the sprites request thread actually does work now and then believe it or not
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #382233

goof I promise this isn't personal but I don't how leveling up D&D style monks fit into this game, either as a space game or as a roleplaying game
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #382248

bandit wrote:goof I promise this isn't personal but I don't how leveling up D&D style monks fit into this game, either as a space game or as a roleplaying game
the question so obvious everyone forgot to ask it until now
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #382354

Yeah how would leveling mechanics fit into a roleplaying game that's just crazy.

Loot progression acquirable within a few minutes is a much more rich mechanic and definitely doesn't encourage a mute looting underclass.
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Post by Selea » #382445

You should buff lawyers as well.Give them voice of god.But it should work only when lawyer in brig/courtroom and only works on people you've shown your badge to.
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #382487

oranges wrote:don't respond to that guy bman he's a discount fwoosh
but i didnt post here
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #382512

I mean, "find bored assistant, smash them in face with fists for 10 minutes" isn't any deeper than "beat shit out of monsters for 10 minutes" or "press buttons on research tree for 10 minutes".
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #382565

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:I mean, "find bored assistant, smash them in face with fists for 10 minutes" isn't any deeper than "beat shit out of monsters for 10 minutes" or "press buttons on research tree for 10 minutes".
If by "beat shit out of monsters for 10 minutes" you mean mining, then yes, that mining is considerably deeper then "find bored assistant, click assistant until assistant falls down, put assistant in sleeper or cryo tube and then continue once they are healed". As for the research tree, there are at least options and it does help the rest of the crew (if they even use it)

This is designed for validhunting. Do we really want that? Really?
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #382568

i mean the null rod is designed for validhunting cult already so
darkpaladin109
Byond Username: Darkpaladin109

Post by darkpaladin109 » #382615

Incomptinence wrote:Yeah how would leveling mechanics fit into a roleplaying game that's just crazy.
Thing is we don't really have any other leveling mechanics.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #382642

darkpaladin109 wrote:Thing is we don't really have any other leveling mechanics.
exactly, in fact we have an event (RPG Loot) where the entire joke is to make fun of the fact that we don't
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #383044

Eh progression ling was similar to a level up mechanic until it was despoiled in cheridan's i ded fit.

Funny thing is the purported reason for progression removal was because it was "encouraging murderbone" but present day ling with it's innate weapon and much stronger regeneration among other things is far better at murderboning than the old parasting lings.