Traits feedback thread

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Traits feedback thread

Post by Xhuis » #382799

PR #35440 on github is adding minor traits and is currently being intermittently testmerged, so give all thoughts and recount your experiences here.

Current problems I know about and am working on:
  • arachnophobia is countered by people yelling "spiders" over and over on radio (no easy way to stop this so I'm removing arachnophobia)
  • night vision is worse than normal dark vision (bug, fixed in next commit)
  • skittish lets you clip through things (fixed)
  • skittish teleports you away if the locker doesn't close (fixed)
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: Traits feedback thread

Post by Dr_bee » #382842

Phobia's in general need to be reworked somewhat, you find assistants yelling "snake" to fuck with the curator constantly, and players with "snake" in their name trigger it every time they talk for example.

thats a problem with phobia's however and not the trait system.
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #382846

in exchange for being worse at talking to people and having unconsciousness (which is either fatal real quick or just kinda a pain and usually isn't something you have to deal with) last longer I can evade security by hiding in lockers much more efficiently?
I cannot in good conscience support something that makes it easier for tiders to hide.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #382851

Bad aim should probably be disallowed when running pacifist, since that essentially gives you a free point with pacifist not being allowed to use guns or anything to begin with. Otherwise, running around as a skittish pacifist was pretty entertaining since it was easier to avoid danger but actually getting caught in a combat situation basically meant I was fucked. Running into a group of ops who just came onto the station via maintenance was pretty terrifying when your only action is 'run the fuck away.'

There's some tweaking that can still be done and there isn't much you can do against some select people doing their hardest to roll a set that gives them the biggest advantage with the least amount of setbacks, so any advantages should be rarely usable in most situations and costly when compared to disadvantages.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #382885

Yeah longer unconsciousness is a no brainer since it's unlikely to affect you unless you're running a build that relies on resting/sleeping (like monk). It's basically a free point and will be in every other build