Why are there medical supply vendors in mining pods?

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Why are there medical supply vendors in mining pods?

Post by Bombadil » #391500

2 stryptic spray cans, 2 silver sulfide sprays, 1 sterilizer spray, 2 charcoal pills, 5 burn and brute patches, 3 syringes.

This makes things WAY MORE EASY. You can spend 300 points for a shelter capsule to get all of those medical supplies
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: Why are there medical supply vendors in mining pods?

Post by CPTANT » #391508

Bombadil wrote:2 stryptic spray cans, 2 silver sulfide sprays, 1 sterilizer spray, 2 charcoal pills, 5 burn and brute patches, 3 syringes.

This makes things WAY MORE EASY. You can spend 300 points for a shelter capsule to get all of those medical supplies
Welcome to the miner power creep that has been going on for ages.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #391514

CPTANT wrote:
Bombadil wrote:2 stryptic spray cans, 2 silver sulfide sprays, 1 sterilizer spray, 2 charcoal pills, 5 burn and brute patches, 3 syringes.

Welcome to the miner power creep that has been going on for ages.
For the most part we've had little changes in our med supplies save for the removal of stimpacks... I cry everytim.

onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #391516

It's part of the "sleepers can't heal testmerge"
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #391535

Kor wrote:It's part of the "sleepers can't heal testmerge"
More reason to get rid of that testmerge ASAP.
cameronwoof
Byond Username: Cameron Lancaster

Post by cameronwoof » #391539

This may actually be my fault. Those sprays were added to the (mini) medical vendors in medbay by me, but it looks like pods might pull from the same vending list.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #391548

Even then they should only give AT MOST 1 bandage for fire and brute. Or just remove it altogether. All we had before to heal if we were solo was medipens or eat some donk pockets

D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #391553

Should be changed so the pods are instead a 3*3 1 tile bikeshed for defending yourself from storms bare bones.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #391554

As a miner, I say REMOVE THIS.

While the sleeper was always kind of useless, since most miners fuck off in their own direction to hunt/mine on their own without having to split the loot, the point value for all that medical supplies is through the roof.

Maybe replace it with a machine that injects 5 bicard and 5 kelo, with a limited number of charges (4?) This will keep shelters are a fall back point or place to heal up, but doesn't give that much value.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #391885

Crazy idea: have the sleepers contain a bit of chems instead?

You shouldn't give them medical items they can use on-the-fly even with the change.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current