Within the first minute of the round I am abducted by cult

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Within the first minute of the round I am abducted by cult

Post by captain sawrge » #395257

I am the captain. A clock cultist teleports into my office, mumbles something, I am stunned, cuffed, unable to act, teleported to Reebe, and then stripped. I have now lost my round and must wait 50 minutes and convert me or not I don't want to play this garbage game mode.

Call it ided. Call it salt. How the fuck did anyone think this was good gameplay? How did this get in? How has this not been removed?

What the fuck?
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Re: Within the first minute of the round I am abducted by cult

Post by Bombadil » #395265

captain sawrge wrote:I am the captain. A clock cultist teleports into my office, mumbles something, I am stunned, cuffed, unable to act, teleported to Reebe, and then stripped. I have now lost my round and must wait 50 minutes and convert me or not I don't want to play this garbage game mode.

Call it ided. Call it salt. How the fuck did anyone think this was good gameplay? How did this get in? How has this not been removed?

What the fuck?
How did you not notice him teleporting in? Also that cuck didnt even do it right. You gotta pre-load the stun spell right as your teleporting in for maximum bullshit.

But regardless clock cult is awful. Atleast blood cult has to break in to your fucking department before it kills/converts you.

There really should be a 5 minute grace period for the crew for cucks to arrive
Last edited by Bombadil on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #395267

Shouldve warded their jungle and activated your nerf nuke in grid coordinate d3 while parrying the army sniper's rocket launcher.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #395269

captain sawrge wrote:I am stunned, cuffed, unable to act, teleported to Reebe, and then stripped.
You forgot the part where it mutes you so you can't even warn the crew like in blood cult where it's almost impossible to tell what you sound like yet people will know.

You also forgot the part where they can still teleport in places with holy water because good luck spraying holy water on a wall.

Don't forget the part how an admin is usually needed to make the round end or actually balanced because there is no code that makes the round end faster if you got literally most, if not all, of the station converted or dead.
pubby
Github User
Byond Username: Pubby
Github Username: pubby

Post by pubby » #395271

just wait until somebody finds your body and you get cloned

lmao oh wait
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #395272

pubby wrote:just wait until somebody finds your body and you get cloned

lmao oh wait
Better yet, you know how you're stuck on a z-level that no one can reach?

Your body, if with a loyalty implant, will get absorbed into some blue shit and you are effectively gibbed. Lmao.
SaveVatznick
Byond Username: SaveVatznick

Post by SaveVatznick » #395293

shoot the gun out of his hand.

In all seriousness, there is a delay for them to teleport in, during which you see all manner of shiny flecks and crackling and whatnot. I don't think they can cancel, so start saxxing until they miss their bullshit fireball of clocksucking, and then cut off their limbs?

I agree this whole "Teleport anywhere" shit is getting really old.
Leora Fleebish is every bad part of me stuffed into a 32x32 sprite.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #395295

SaveVatznick wrote: In all seriousness, there is a delay for them to teleport in, during which you see all manner of shiny flecks and crackling and whatnot.
Cultists can warp onto tiles with airlocks and have the effect completley covered
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #395301

Let's add a density check to cult teleport it seems to be an exploit

Inb4 salty cult players start whining below
LifeReign
Byond Username: LifeReign

Post by LifeReign » #395303

Was that the round earlier today where the HoP also got abducted 2 minutes later?
Bagil- Eats-Shoots-and-Leaves: Probably the botanist
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #395355

iamgoofball wrote:Let's add a density check to cult teleport it seems to be an exploit

Inb4 salty cult players start whining below
Let's remove the game mode entirely because even when I don't get kidnapped and murdered at roundstart of an incredibly long round type it is still a chore to play.

After I got over the initial awe and anger that something like this exists in the game my thought was "at least I got an easy way out of clock cult."
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #395359

Had the same thing happen to me, abducted as captain because they warped onto an airlock tile before I even opened my locker, had to physically stand up and walk around to kill the stress
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #395363

The teleporting wouldn't be so bad if you could actually counter it.
By the time security arrives, you've already hitten your free teleport to another Z-level button, from which there is no escape.
I play Boris Pepper.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #395400

remove conversion and nerf the teleport. add a way for the cultists to respawn with a penalty.

Boom, you now have a minorly balanced mode that is not ABOLUTE cancer that it is now.

But until then, it needs to be removed from rotation. I made a thread about it in the policy discussion forums. go whine there.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #395401

Someone convince me otherwise before the 5pm PDT card reveal or I'm replacing this mode with blood bros

I might just do it anyway if it's a lackluster card
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #395402

The mode isn't even going to be polished anymore by the coder that revived it, why even keep it around when half the player base (and some change) don't enjoy it?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #395406

It has beautiful aesthetics, but shit gameplay.
What a shame.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #395412

Armhulen wrote:Someone convince me otherwise before the 5pm PDT card reveal or I'm replacing this mode with blood bros

I might just do it anyway if it's a lackluster card
Fucking do it.

Clock cult is awful.

EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #395487

Armhulen wrote:Someone convince me otherwise before the 5pm PDT card reveal or I'm replacing this mode with blood bros
note to self: kill sawrge as a ling so we can finally nerf those too.

not that I'm sad to see clock cult go.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #395492

EagleWiz wrote:
note to self: kill sawrge as a ling so we can finally nerf those too.

not that I'm sad to see clock cult go.
Hugs and kisses good poster-chan
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #395500

I actually enjoy clock cult and the ideas it has behind it and would like to see it stay, but I guess I'm really outnumbered here

I do agree it needs work and balance but I still find it fun.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #395504

nothing people suggested has helped and none of my attempts at changing it since eminence have gone anywhere, just do what you want and I'll work on something else that doesn't sap my soul and all my creative energy. at this point it's not like I can stop armhulen anyway because once he's going to do something he advertises it publically and constantly and you're not gonna change his mind no matter what it is or how hard you try
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #395538

Are these posts really necessary?
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #395540

Anonmare wrote:Are these posts really necessary?
No, it's another "someone brings up a good point but we'll downplay it by memeing" episode

Shame rreally since xhuis is one of the very few coders I respect
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #395542

Deitus wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Are these posts really necessary?
No, it's another "someone brings up a good point but we'll downplay it by memeing" episode

Shame rreally since xhuis is one of the very few coders I respect
What is the good point xhuis is trying to bring up
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #395546

probably that just because he worked hard on a thing that thing should stay in the game.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
factoryman942
Byond Username: Factoryman942

Post by factoryman942 » #395547

cap cant be converted even with the implant out
also they can cancel the tele vatznick
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #395549

BeeSting12 wrote:probably that just because he worked hard on a thing that thing should stay in the game.
Sunken cost fallacy
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #395551

BeeSting12 wrote:probably that just because he worked hard on a thing that thing should stay in the game.
if you can point out where in my post I implied that you're welcome to use it as an argument
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #395559

While I hate the gamemode, I do respect the fact that Xhuis has balanced it and, before taking a break from it, tried to fix it. I don't blame him for not trying to polish it anymore as well since jesus that must be a stressful antag to work with.

I honestly don't know how the hell you can balance this to an acceptable level, though. If there were no more things being added in tg at all then perhaps, but new things will always be added. The only other way you could balance it is somehow controlling the playerbase or adding a conversion cap because I believe I heard that most of the roundstart clock cultists are the most robust players at clock cult and will easily fucking convert the entire station from what I have seen.

EDIT:
Xhuis wrote:once he's going to do something he advertises it publically and constantly and you're not gonna change his mind no matter what it is or how hard you try
He actually can change his mind even if he says I DECLARE BLAH BLAH BLAHITY BLAH in public. I experienced this myself.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #395572

True, the best clock cultist battles are when the clock cult doesn't get too strong and converts all of the crew.
And they actually have to clutch to win the fight in the end. Those battles or WARS are pretty amazing, I think a conversion cap, or maybe making some staff members immune to cultist kindles and being taken to rebee. Would be cool.
► Show Spoiler
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #395573

TOOT TOOT :triumph::triumph::triumph:, here comes the clockwork :clock3::clock3::clock3::clock3: tower defense game :tokyo_tower: :tokyo_tower: where we gotta stop that mean bad crew from stealing :100:RATVAR'S:100: cummies :gear::sweat_drops::gear::sweat_drops:. be careful though because :100:Ratvar:100: takes a LONGGG :eggplant::eggplant::eggplant: time to GEAR up :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: so we gotta make sure that :100:Ratvar:100: is safe from greytiding shitters :no_entry_sign: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: :no_entry_sign: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: or powergaming catboys :cat::fire::cat::fire: from closing :two_hearts:DADDYs:two_hearts: hole. WE gotta build some :eggplant:BIG:eggplant: occular wardens to vaporize :boom::boom: those heretical hulks :raised_hands::triumph::rage: and some :sob:POWERFUL:sob: mania mortors to increases DADDYS :two_hearts::sweat_drops::tired_face: GIRTH to drive those greyshits INSANE :heart_eyes::eggplant:. Once the big :tired_face:HOLE:tired_face: opens and :two_hearts::two_hearts:DADDY RATVAR:two_hearts::two_hearts: cu
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #395576

Essentially clock cult is skill based. If you have a skilled group of cucks nothing will stop them. If 90% of the crew is converted the round should just fucking end. Because good luck breaking through an army with fortifications with no bombs, boh bombs anything fun. The worst part is clock cultists don't have to worry about any consequences of being in the open because the crew can't really retaliate

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #395582

Sorry but i'm not going to give a real reply if half of xhuis' post is attacking me directly after admitting that he doesn't want to work on the game mode at all anymore. he's blaming other people for his game mode not working and it's really uncool but maybe that's the "at this point it's not like I can stop armhulen anyway because once he's going to do something he advertises it publically and constantly and you're not gonna change his mind no matter what it is or how hard you try"
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #395590

Armhulen wrote:he's blaming other people for his game mode not working and it's really uncool
as I said in my last post, if you can point out where in my post I implied that you're welcome to use it as an argument

if you view someone calling you out on something you said as "really uncool", then try to stand in my shoes and picture someone who says on one hand that they support what you do and look up to you, and then flipflops over to dismissively saying "i'm gonna disable this mode if the card reveal is disappointing." I'm sick of this dissonance from so many people so, yes, I'll get upset at it. have you ever worked on something hard enough to lose all your creative energy from doing it, then get scorned and have people laugh off months of work? if so, then you would understand where I'm coming from. I'm not saying you should just feel pity for me, but if you can't see how what you said was at least a little offensive than you need to get your eyes checked.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #395591

Then don't work for free in a public repository opened to all lmao
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #396833

this is why we don't read this forum