Martial Artists all being able to deflect bullets 100% of the time is stupid

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Martial Artists all being able to deflect bullets 100% of the time is stupid

Post by Bombadil » #396495

They can use stun batons and are entirely immune to ranged attacks horseshit and then they still have attacks that instastun you 100% of the time as well
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Re: Martial Artists all being able to deflect bullets 100% of the time is stupid

Post by SpaceInaba » #396497

just throw batons at them you noob
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Bombadil

Re: Martial Artists all being able to deflect bullets 100% of the time is stupid

Post by Bombadil » #396501

SpaceInaba wrote:just throw batons at them you noob
There wasn't any security or ai responding we didn't have stun batons.

Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #396502

Pepper spray if they don't have anything on their face
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #396503

throw floor tiles at them until they die
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #396505

If there was no security or AI or indeed any way to get batons, I'm not sure how guns would help you
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
FrozenGuy5
Github User
Byond Username: FrozenGuy5
Github Username: praisenarsie

Post by FrozenGuy5 » #396524

lol just make an ied explosive spear
ййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййй shitty fucking signatures
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #396526

tbh traitors having sleeping carp is awful and they should get cqc instead
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #396529

Shaps-cloud wrote:If there was no security or AI or indeed any way to get batons, I'm not sure how guns would help you
Advanced Plasmacutters. Tell me how a motherfucker deflects kinetic blasts it's not like it's a bullet it's intangible

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #396578

Their kung fu is stronger than yours, faggot.
If you think you can fight stronger kung fu, think again.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #396603

Tell us which bad man did this to you.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #396618

this entire problem could have been solved by throwing a glass of water in front of the traitor.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #396834

people have literally given you at least 5 or more methods of countering martial artists

that you can't think of these on your own time is your own problem of being creatively bankrupt.

Any player in ss13 has a vast arsenal of tools that can annihilate even the most prepared combatant, you just have to not be lazy and do a little bit of prep work which I know is anathema to those of you who just want to click things until they go horizontal
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #397156

Carp can be pretty bullshit on a lowpop round tho, it's way worse than no-slips ever could be and they're player-count restricted

Heck even double e-swords are player count restricted and they're the inferior version of carp
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #398245

Replace carp in lowpop with the carp perks (no shooting but can't be shot either) but without the martial art.

An Evasion Implant of sorts :^)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #398259

oranges wrote:people have literally given you at least 5 or more methods of countering martial artists

that you can't think of these on your own time is your own problem of being creatively bankrupt.

Any player in ss13 has a vast arsenal of tools that can annihilate even the most prepared combatant, you just have to not be lazy and do a little bit of prep work which I know is anathema to those of you who just want to click things until they go horizontal
SS13 is like an advanced version of rock-paper-scissors, there's counterplay for EVERYTHING you just have to not be a brainlet. So yeah it's impossible for most pubbies.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #398262

Cobby wrote:Replace carp in lowpop with the carp perks (no shooting but can't be shot either) but without the martial art.

An Evasion Implant of sorts :^)
this sounds pretty cool
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #398325

I only ever use it for the evasion implant, those combos are too hard.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #398424

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #398429

Nabski wrote:I only ever use it for the evasion implant, those combos are too hard.
15 damage punches and near instant grabs are also handy to have. but yeah the martial arts combo system is shit and should really be replaced with action buttons.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #398588

that would get them nerfed once people actually started landing the combo's heh
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #398651

carp isn't that hard to deal with. You can still disarm them and knock them on their ass.
Attachments
gitgud.jpg
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #398653

I dunno guarantee'd disarm seems a pretty easy combo.
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #398656

oranges wrote:that would get them nerfed once people actually started landing the combo's heh
I would take that trade off if they were actually seen. Right now pretty much no one uses any combo besides the disarm arm twist and MAYBE the knee to the chest stun.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #398812

No true carp user argument here but if you aren't using the stun you're not using carp properly in terms of trying to be antagonistic with it.
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #398836

The grab stuns anyway so what's the point
SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #399171

Dr_bee wrote:
Nabski wrote:I only ever use it for the evasion implant, those combos are too hard.
15 damage punches and near instant grabs are also handy to have. but yeah the martial arts combo system is shit and should really be replaced with action buttons.
combos are easy if you memorize them just stop being bad I memorized the entire like 25 item sequence to max R&D, remembeing like four combos that either alternate or are only 3 hits long is the easiest thing ever and if you could insta special move people it would be super broken
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #399198

Add the wrestling belt to syndicate surplus crates
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #404924

Whats the difference between parasting and getting stunned by undetectable martial arts and getting crit before you get back up?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #404928

CPTANT wrote:Whats the difference between parasting and getting stunned by undetectable martial arts and getting crit before you get back up?
People with martial arts don't also have a free revive/adrenals
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #404933

somerandomguy wrote:
CPTANT wrote:Whats the difference between parasting and getting stunned by undetectable martial arts and getting crit before you get back up?
What if they are traitorling?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #404940

CPTANT wrote:
somerandomguy wrote:
yeah what if they become two antags at the same time

wait whaaaat that's strong??
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #404943

Armhulen wrote:
CPTANT wrote:
somerandomguy wrote:

Hur durr, bullshit isn't a problem if it's only for traitorling.

Also it doesn't really change the fact that it is just another iteration of stungloves or parasting.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #404949

parasting put you in a coma so you couldn't speak, you can still do ;help dorms with martial arts.
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #404974

Cobby wrote:parasting put you in a coma so you couldn't speak, you can still do ;help dorms with martial arts.
Until they knock the wind out of you
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #405018

CPTANT wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
CPTANT wrote:
somerandomguy wrote:

Also it doesn't really change the fact that it is just another iteration of stungloves or parasting.
I'm pretty sure rolling both traitor and ling got removed
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #405027

PKPenguin321 wrote:
CPTANT wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
CPTANT wrote:
somerandomguy wrote:

I'm pretty sure rolling both traitor and ling got removed
Happened to me just today after a wiz mulliganned
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #405040

Sleeping carp definitely needs to be toned down, for one more tc than a double esword you get better block, thats always on, is undetectable and doesn't have the same obnoxious sounds and can be used in direct conjunction with other bullshit.

And no, 'USE IED SPEAR' is not proper critism, having to munchkin to the most overpowered all access item in the game is not proper balance or borgs would be out right immune to anything that isn't a flash.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #405057

Davidchan wrote:Sleeping carp definitely needs to be toned down, for one more tc than a double esword you get better block, thats always on, is undetectable and doesn't have the same obnoxious sounds and can be used in direct conjunction with other bullshit.

And no, 'USE IED SPEAR' is not proper critism, having to munchkin to the most overpowered all access item in the game is not proper balance or borgs would be out right immune to anything that isn't a flash.
double e-swords dont prevent you from using any ranged weapon in a game where ranged stuns are king and every sec officer has easy access to AOE stuns.

Think before you speak.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #405061

Dr_bee wrote:double e-swords dont prevent you from using any ranged weapon in a game where ranged stuns are king and every sec officer has easy access to AOE stuns.
DE-sword deflect isn't active 24/7 once initialized or if some one manages to slip/disarm you. I can't disarm a sleeping carper and then kill him with his own fists if I outrobust him.
Think before you speak.
Heed your own advice.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #405065

Dr_bee wrote:
Davidchan wrote:Sleeping carp definitely needs to be toned down, for one more tc than a double esword you get better block, thats always on, is undetectable and doesn't have the same obnoxious sounds and can be used in direct conjunction with other bullshit.

double e-swords dont prevent you from using any ranged weapon in a game where ranged stuns are king and every sec officer has easy access to AOE stuns.

Think before you speak.
Damn those ranged stuns sure work great against someone with sleeping carp.

Anyway dealing with someone who is known to have martial arts isn't really my beef, it's the bullshit wind knocking that's just another iteration of parasting.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #405078

sleeping crap doesn't block flashbangs, gas grenades or pepperspray, does it?
can you deflect projectiles while stunned?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #405098

DemonFiren wrote:sleeping crap doesn't block flashbangs, gas grenades or pepperspray, does it?
can you deflect projectiles while stunned?
You definitely can't deflect a harmbaton while stunned
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #405100

I think you can still block while stunned, but not while unconscious. It's a total non-issue anyway since one stun can easily mean a harmbaton to the face.

Most people don't even use carp to murderbone from what I see. Most of the time when I find out someone has carp, it's because they were unlucky enough to get into the middle of combat and a stray shot made the loud WHIFF noise and identified me to it. Even if it's murderbone, the WHIFF noise is a massive tell and anyone alerted is going to switch tactics to melee stuns.
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #405104

Davidchan wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:double e-swords dont prevent you from using any ranged weapon in a game where ranged stuns are king and every sec officer has easy access to AOE stuns.
DE-sword deflect isn't active 24/7 once initialized or if some one manages to slip/disarm you. I can't disarm a sleeping carper and then kill him with his own fists if I outrobust him.
Messy logic. Carp is about as dangerous as a double esword if the carper gets stunned or slipped. Either way you can apply a large or sharp object directly to the face of the carper the same as an esworder.
Davidchan wrote:Sleeping carp definitely needs to be toned down, for one more tc than a double esword you get better block, thats always on, is undetectable and doesn't have the same obnoxious sounds and can be used in direct conjunction with other bullshit..
Actually Double Esword has a much better block. It deflects all of security's main ranged weapons (and has a good chance of deflecting the revolver), and on top of that has a 75% melee block rate. You have an incredible advantage with dual sword on top of also being able to do a one-two with a taser because people with double swords can still use guns. Not only that but the reflect means anyone that dumb to fire a taser at you is going to probably eat it themselves.

Neither item can mute either, and as soon as you hear on the radio "GRIFF MURDERBONE CARP KILLING ME" you might as well be running around with a dual sword in your hands. Compared to a double sword, carp doesn't kill very fast so most people can death rattle a lot more text.
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #405118

DemonFiren wrote:tbh traitors having sleeping carp is awful and they should get cqc instead
Just that, carp is a trashfire, CQC isn't as much
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #405200

*weaken punches ur path*
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #405271

Pneumatic cannon full of knives dummy.

They don't count as bullets because they're knives. Glass shards and metal rods work too because embedding.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #405288

add dual esword back to lowpop so people stop complaining about sleeping carp
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #405453

imo they should be able to deflect lasers but not actual bullets.

So a taser, e-gun or laser gun is useless but the detectives revolver or a shotgun would be good.

I mean unless it already works like this I dunno I don't play traitor much at all.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes