Midgame antagonists.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: Midgame antagonists.

Post by cedarbridge » #400595

Bottom post of the previous page:

Bombadil wrote:Please make swarmers spawn 3 hours into the round they ruin everything a nice calm round becomes instantly lost they move at the speed of fucking light. I swear they used to be a lot slower

Code: Select all

speed = 0
They're not faster. You're just slow.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #400654

>round start revenants
how dumb
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #400655

Lumbermancer wrote:>round start revenants
how dumb
that's a problem with revenants, not with placing them roundstart. revenants need some love. other side antagonists might need some tweaks but otherwise would work fine.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #400657

>real antagonist attempts to kill me
>survive and get healed
>due to blood loss loose consciousness
>revenant appears and sucks me off

Revenant needs no love, it needs to be removed.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #400658

Sure, remove, rework, whatever you want. You see that any problem a side antag has wouldn't be magnified by placing it roundstart. it would just make for a more interesting environment of different villains interacting with the station and each other
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #400660

It can't interact with revenant, it's invisible.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #400661

Armhulen wrote:Sure, remove, rework, whatever you want.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #400669

How about merging some of the low-power side antagonists into their own game mode. Preferably in a random combination so the crew can't ever be totally sure about what they're gonna face or if they're in the game mode or it's a coincidental event.

Though you'd probably need to make some more low-power side antags to get a good diversity going as most of the sides are pretty powerful.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #400675

How about simply removing midgame antagonists, and expanding ghost roles which goal wouldn't be death and destruction, and giving variety and spice to rounds this way?
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #400676

There is a pretty healthy overlap between people posting simultaneously posting that they want to remove all conversion modes, that they want to remove mid round antags, and that they want to remove lings.

Not to say those things are perfect but if you want to remove that much of the game it might be time to take a break.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #400677

Lumbermancer wrote:How about simply removing midgame antagonists, and expanding ghost roles which goal wouldn't be death and destruction, and giving variety and spice to rounds this way?
The exotic new ways to cause death and destruction, or to survive that death and destruction, is the spice and variety for SS13.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #400686

That's the job for normal antags. Side antags are one note, and provide little challenge, just annoyance.
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #400695

Kor wrote:There is a pretty healthy overlap between people posting simultaneously posting that they want to remove all conversion modes, that they want to remove mid round antags, and that they want to remove lings.

Not to say those things are perfect but if you want to remove that much of the game it might be time to take a break.

Double posting aside, if you are saying that I should quit because I dislike a game mode which many people consider unfair, and that I criticize mid-round antagonist isn't fair and seems at face value a elitist argument.

"IE you don't like certain modes therefore you are wrong and should quit the game".

I don't care about conversion modes but... yeah its not right to say things like that... to anyone.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #400699

starmute wrote: Double posting aside, if you are saying that I should quit because I dislike a game mode which many people consider unfair, and that I criticize mid-round antagonist isn't fair and seems at face value a elitist argument.

"IE you don't like certain modes therefore you are wrong and should quit the game".

I don't care about conversion modes but... yeah its not right to say things like that... to anyone.
I think it's more along the lines of if you want to cut out so much of the gamemode content, it's entirely possible that the server just might not be the server for you.
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #400700

IkeTG wrote:
starmute wrote: Double posting aside, if you are saying that I should quit because I dislike a game mode which many people consider unfair, and that I criticize mid-round antagonist isn't fair and seems at face value a elitist argument.

I think it's more along the lines of if you want to cut out so much of the gamemode content, it's entirely possible that the server just might not be the server for you.

I see it as more about "You shouldn't criticize or have discussions about game modes or you should quit."

Honestly I don't think there is anything offensive about discussion. It helps and even if you have a bad idea you can bounce it off people and it can become a better idea.

I do not believe that grief ghosts and a mode that most people dislike are "essential" to the game. It's highly likely that most people if given a voice would take changeling out of rotation until it is re-coded.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #400780

cedarbridge wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Please make swarmers spawn 3 hours into the round they ruin everything a nice calm round becomes instantly lost they move at the speed of fucking light. I swear they used to be a lot slower

speed = 0
Lower speed var is faster
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #400890

somerandomguy wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:

speed = 0
Lower speed var is faster
Default is 0 on carbon species
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #400904

Swarmers used to have PASS_MOB I think but they don't anymore, just PASS_TABLE. They're much easier to handle than they used to be as projectiles would go over them unless you specifically shot them and they didn't move out of the way
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #400921

A round ender.....

....ending rounds?

:00
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.