REMOVE LING remove ling

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: REMOVE LING remove ling

Post by Dr_bee » #404339

Bottom post of the previous page:

Yakumo_Chen wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
This is the Shadowdimentio Syndrome, induced by either a lack of knowledge in coding and a complete unwillingness to learn one of the easier coding languages or a single bad experience on their first project which had a lot of time put in. Symptoms include cussing coders out at the bottom of your post, seeing cliques where there obviously isn't and How-can-he-get-away-with-this-ing goofball.

I guess my point here is that you're in the same group as deitus and shadowdimentio and that should be setting off some red flags. please stop this insane coder clique group theory. I don't feel great being put into the group that most coders are just bad people, it's really fucking rude to say. just try coding out sometime, you WILL lose projects to maintainers and it sucks but a lot more will get in since they're usually flexible on what they'd allow in the game. You will find that actually contributing to this game's future is a blast!
Most of my bad experience just comes from coders shitposting everywhere and basically mocking me whenever I come on github/coderbus/whathaveyou whenever I have anything to say. Oranges and Questinus are good examples of this.

I'm not going to derail an entire thread, and I know my attitude isn't the best but when I make stuff like bug reports and have them littered with spam posts of crying babies for no real reason / because I disagree with an opinion it's not really helping my perception. There's also the fact a lot of maintainers (who actually merge stuff) don't or rarely play and have a big amount of say over stuff like balance regardless.

Anyway I'm happy with the changeling changes going on so far.
As someone who regularly reads the github, constant shitposting by certain coders does not improve my opinion of them.

The problem with shitposting, is you have to be anonymous to do it for long, or else people just link your name to the fact you are being an asshole and stop liking you or taking you seriously.

It doesnt matter how talented a coder the shitposter is, if they act like an asshole on github even in jest, people wont want to contribute, even via bug reporting and testing.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #404825

Make the Lesser Form cost more like atleast 20 chem points.

I'd like to go into specifics, but I don't want powergamers to know the specific reason why I say this.

One thing I can say is that 5 chem points out of 75 chem points to become a monkey is only balanced if that's the only ability, but a changeling can get more than one ability. Those extra abilities can also still be used in lesser form so it's not really balanced with 5 fucking chem points even if you lose all your fancy gear.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #404829

just how many secret monkey techniques are there
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #404862

What, you're saying a monkey running around EMPing everything in fucking sight isn't fun? /s
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.