Booth Seats and Beanbag Chairs for the Bar

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Booth Seats and Beanbag Chairs for the Bar

Post by cedarbridge » #400621

Bartenders (and bartender/chef combos on Meta) need more tools to create interesting looking and differently themed dining areas. That means we need more than card tables and metal chairs/stools. We need booth seats, bean bag chairs, those neat false-fireplace-under-glass things that give off an eerie red glow for tables. The latter could make room for a neat Nar-sie themed low-light dining area/bar. This means you could also convert the front area on meta into a dining area and the back room (with the new jukeboxes) into a dance hall with music, and drugs.

The creative options are limited only by the lack of furniture options available and unfortunately our current furniture is fairly bare bones outside of special antag/high end tech/adminspawn or mineral types (which are either horribly time gated, rare, or dangerous.)
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Re: Booth Seats and Beanbag Chairs for the Bar

Post by Gun Hog » #400624

An update Fancier bar stylings seems both harmless and quite atmospheric. I am all for it, and it would be simple for someone to code. Your main hurdle would of course be sprites.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #400684

watch us get bar map templates added before engine map templates
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #400706

PKPenguin321 wrote:watch us get bar map templates added before engine map templates
Engine map templates wont happen because it defeats the purpose of moving to the supermatter in the first place, which was the fact that the tesla and singulo were stupidly easy to fuck up and ended rounds when they did.

Map templates would be fun in general, If I remember Robustin was working on maint templates for box before the freeze.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #400842

realtalk the bar on meta is AWFUL and we should try to make it more like box's
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #400843

Meta's bar is great you're wrong and dumb
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #400847

ShadowDimentio wrote:Meta's bar is great you're wrong and dumb
>>>>>>>>>>>the bar is split up and you cant see the bartender from the cozy part
fuck you bitch this is why nobody likes you eat my dick dooky bitc
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #400848

>Bar is split
>Can't see through it
>Can do crime in the bar and not get instadunked by responsible gun owner bartender
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #400888

PKPenguin321 wrote:watch us get bar map templates added before engine map templates
Let this unironically be a thing.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #402110

Somebody find us a spriting hero. Lets make this happen.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #402112

More (OPTIONAL) things to do are always a good way to combat burnout. I'm all for it.
► Show Spoiler
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #402132

Step 1: Draw a smug jelly bean
Step 2: pillow shade the FUCK out of a literal pillow
Step 3: give up caring halfway through and post it anyway because it wont happen anyway

do whatever you want to it

tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.