Gatfruit

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Gatfruit

Post by Lumbermancer » #402006

So botany and science can pretty easily (i'd assume so, since they always appear so fast) produce vast quantities of very power guns now. The gun costs 13 telecrystals for traitors mind you.

Why?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: Gatfruit

Post by somerandomguy » #402007

It's so easy because the experimentor is shitcode, there's a way to turn items into other items and it's supposed to pick from a much bigger list (any food or stock part) but the pickweighted function is so broken it only picks from the first few entries, which includes gatfruit.

It's also obtainable rarely in small quantities from endgame xenobio which is intended, but almost never happens.
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #402010

Because one, a Gatfruit takes roughly 30 minutes to grow, and it's lifespan is shorter than it's growth period, meaning that if you just throw a seed right into the hydro tray without doing some gene tweaking to ensure it survives, it WILL die before being able to get harvested. Two, compared to some of the items you can quickly produce in botany, a gatfruit isn't that impressive. A satchel full of gatfruits is nice, but I'd rather get a satchel full of explosive tomatoes or electrifying bananas.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #402022

It's not actually botany's fault, the experimentor is bugged and gives gatfruits super easily.
I play Boris Pepper.