The current state of abductor objectives

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

The current state of abductor objectives

Post by Shadowflame909 » #404755

Coderbus abductors need some love! They're pretty memey but since the objectives make no sense, no one really does anything with them. One of my previous idea forum posts evolved into an abductor objectives post, and I say we should have a general abductors objective forum post. Especially since there are thoughts and game modes going around making them a roundstart antagonist.

An idea to improve this is to if they appear at roundstart, give the brainwashed more zany objectives. Such as spacing high class items like the captains gun and the HoS's gun. Ian, (the clown) Golden Head of staff member IDs. Just generally important things. Lastly, what are your current thoughts on abductor objectives? Do you feel like they need improvements or are you fine leaving them the way they are?
► Show Spoiler
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Re: The current state of abductor objectives

Post by Selea » #404780

Honestly, abductors needs some love. Because I barely know their objectives.
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #406540

As much as I would like to see more abductors, making them a roundstart antag would mean the game would have to be balanced around them some. The moment someone gets a whiff of the zany objectives it'll just become a headhunt for the aliens
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #406556

the sad thin is they used to be even worse, I got rid of some of the memier ones but
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #406558

If they become a full antag their objectives will need a rework, especially since coderbus is furiously against any more conversion antags and abductor is conversion lite.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #406559

bandit wrote:the sad thin is they used to be even worse, I got rid of some of the memier ones but
like what?
If they become a full antag their objectives will need a rework, especially since coderbus is furiously against any more conversion antags and abductor is conversion lite.
pack it up. Its doubtful that it'll become a full mode then.
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #420397

Teleport anywhere antags were a mistake and I wouldn't want to see them roundstart. They're already cancerous enough as a side antag or antag trade since they can steal and space everything and remove the AI from the round with zero effort and near-zero risk.

Wizards can do this too, but you can at least just expect them to do this because (((wizards))) and you should not expect any other antags in a round with one (not counting antag the wizard made)
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #420423

Show me on the doll where the abductors touched you yakumo
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #420433

I've been removed from the round countless times by abductors even if im not actively giving a shit about them, they do it just to be dicks, and then they keep me in their ship where I will never be recovered and can't do anything because I'm in a locked down card, you might as well consider it N2O jailing but for AIs, unable to kill myself because law 3. At least with cult wraiths or wizards or whatever you at least leave a recoverable core or card and you can ghost.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #420434

Yakumo_Chen wrote: unable to kill myself because law 3.
Try asking an admin if you can suicide/let them kill you.

If they say no then try asking them what their argument for this being fun is and if they would want to be in the same situation UNLESS for some reason the abductors want to build an AI which is an 0.01% chance.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #420455

if you could attack the ghost thing that indicates where the ayy is going to teleport and damage it that way/disrupt the tele or shit maybe jumping into an AI core that has live turrets would be discouraged just a tiny bit but what do I know
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #420481

I have actually started moving pingsky right in front of my core roundstart and overload it because that shit has really, really gotten old
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #420512

this is p much what I do as standard
that and lethaling my core turrets
and locking everything down tighter than a lizard virgin
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #420815

FYI OP, the zanyness of the objectives is intended and is unlikely to change.

It may be a good idea to prevent the abductors teleporting directly into the AI sat however

edit:Ai sat, not upload