Cult deconversion sucks and isn't fun for anyone

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Cult deconversion sucks and isn't fun for anyone

Post by CPTANT » #409797

See title. You sit around for ages babysitting someone, the cultist gets bucklecuffed and it just wastes everyone's time.

The result is that security gets the incentive to just execute all cultists because it is 10 times faster.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Re: Cult deconversion sucks and isn't fun for anyone

Post by Shezza » #409799

gay baby jail feature
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
zaracka
Byond Username: Zaracka

Post by zaracka » #409810

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/36092

balance: The deconversion time for holy water is slightly reduced, 10 units and 45 seconds (give or take), is all you should need now. Blood cultists can now have seizures while afflicted with holy water.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #409816

I suggested a while ago to give recent deconvertees a glowing halo visible over their head, because the only reason you have to babysit is to witness deconversion prompt really.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
zaracka

Post by zaracka » #427044

turns out it takes 25 units
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #427086

Speaking as someone who plays a ton of HoS, the worst part isn't the time, it's the lack of confirmation of cult status until it completes and the fact that the message being a one-time thing requires you to babysit them. Go with what others have suggested and make them have seizures and have a halo appear over them. Maybe have their sprite flicker between a fully robed cultist and their normal appearance. Just give me something so I don't have to babysit.
zaracka

Post by zaracka » #427271

just timed it, it takes 2 minutes. currently cult blabber and seizures exist but are locked behind a probability of 8 and 8 then 20 respectively. maybe increase the probability?

feel free to code in a guaranteed visual effect though
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #427493

>Deconverting cultists

Just kill them lmao
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #427769

ShadowDimentio wrote:>Deconverting cultists

Just kill them lmao
No joke, you are better off killing them and incinerating the bodies to deny them soul stones or revived cultists than you are de-converting people and implanting them.

Making the basic fucking convert rune gib people is stupid.