Traits

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Re: Traits

Post by SpaceInaba » #414745

nevermind I'm ANGRY and my buddy IKE reread the thread and I got ANGRY because I like to be ANGRY
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #419138

Trait ideas:

Positive:
Augmented limb - One of your limbs is made from a proper augmentation, and not one of those cheap ones either. Start the game with a cyborg limb. (-1)
Light eater - You don't eat as much as most people. Your hunger drains slower than normal. (-1)
Chem resistant - You don't get hooked on drugs as easily. Treat addiction thresholds as though they were 50% higher. (-1)

Negative:
Artificial heart - Your heart has been replaced with an artificial cybernetic component. It has no inherent upsides, but, maybe don't stand too close to anything electromagnetic. (+1 points)
Diabetic - Your body lacks the necessary ability to manage its own sugar levels and now it is up to you to do your body's job for it. Sugar will now process significantly slower in your body and you suffer downsides for having too little or too much sugar. If you're too low, you feel the effects of hypoglycaemia and need to consume sugar to quickly get back to normal. Too much and you will feel hyperglycaemic and will need to take insulin pills to quickly lose all that sugar. (+3 points)
Incompatible neural topography - Despite living in a world where death is cheap, you are an exception and only have ONE life. Your brain is fundamentally incompatible with the scanners and MMIs Nanotrasen use and will be unable to be cloned or placed into a cyborg body. Start the game with the Hellbound status effect. (+4 points)
Heavy eater - You constantly feel hungry. Nutrition drains faster than normal. (+1)

Neutral:
Fat - Who ate all the pies? You fat bastard, you ate all the pies. Start the game overweight.
Vegetarian - Animals are friends, not food! You hate the taste of meat and will be grossed out whenever you eat anything with meat.
Lactose Intolerant - You're the reason the station even has a bathroom. You are grossed out whenever you eat anything dairy.
Junkfood aversion - Your body can't tolerate processed food. You are grossed out whenever you eat any junkfood.
Grain intolerance - You suffer from a rare condition and cannot consume anything made from grains. You are grossed out whenever you eat anything with grains.

In before somebody picks all the intolerances and roleplays as a modern teenage girl.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #419372

CosmicScientist wrote:>be cook
>crew member says they can't eat meat, milk or wheat
>serve only meatbread, brain cakes and vegetable pizza
Pizza and bread both have GRAIN
Brain cakes are GRAIN | DAIRY | MEAT

Anyone who unironically picked all those taste aversions is an actual genetic dead-end
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #419521

Anonmare wrote: Neutral:
Fat - Who ate all the pies? You fat bastard, you ate all the pies. Start the game overweight.
Vegetarian - Animals are friends, not food! You hate the taste of meat and will be grossed out whenever you eat anything with meat.
Lactose Intolerant - You're the reason the station even has a bathroom. You are grossed out whenever you eat anything dairy.
Junkfood aversion - Your body can't tolerate processed food. You are grossed out whenever you eat any junkfood.
Grain intolerance - You suffer from a rare condition and cannot consume anything made from grains. You are grossed out whenever you eat anything with grains.
So, basically, you have to live in the gulag and eat only tofu in order to survive if you aren't able to cook food because of reasons?
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #419534

If you're gonna play a Vegan, you're gonna have to deal with the inconvenience of being one where cannibalism is a part of daily life
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #419552

I only eat free-range human meat
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #419690

Anonmare wrote:If you're gonna play a Vegan, you're gonna have to deal with the inconvenience of being one where cannibalism is a part of daily life
or chefs could just have some skill as a chef and not be a degenerate lmao
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #419791

#VeganStation2558
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #419800

You can always use the ancient spessman technique of blending everything and feeding the crew only nutrient pills
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #420981

I'm working on a bunch of quirks themed around art & jobs right now, figured I'd start getting some feedback and ideas as I have to take a break for a bit

Generally if a quirk is centered around a particular object, you spawn with it.

Some quirks may give you "fluff" items(clothes) that serve no purpose but give your character more... character. Example: the trickster trait makes you spawn with suspenders. The plan is to make it so if your job already starts with something equipped in that slot (or another quirk already gave you one), you won't get these at all, to avoid inventory clutter.

Tagger:drawing graffiti only takes half charge
Photographer: you can snap photos twice as fast
Trickster: start with a random collection of toys, but also the curse of clown clumsiness
Skater: whenever you crash your skateboard into something you will instead do a sick flip and land on your feet. Totally radical. (Need to double check to see if it can be abused by crashing into people for a stun, may give it a random chance or make you dizzy instead)
Physician: inspecting someone with a stethoscope will give a list of possible issues with the patient (basically not as detailed as analyzers, but easier to read and understand at a glance. For example, if you need to defib someone you can check with analyzer and calculate if brute+burn is over the limit, with the stethoscope it will give just give you a simple message whether or not it's over the limit)

(probably not because it's a stupid idea and I'm not sure if it's doable but it's also hilarious) Farmer: you can carry chickens in your backpack
(probably not because I can't get it to work) Musician: anyone within earshot of your instruments is slowly cleared of minor debuffs such as dizziness, jitteriness, confusion etc.
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.