Shuttle throwing everything on landing/takeoff

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Shuttle throwing everything on landing/takeoff

Post by Grazyn » #429265

It's so funny to start the round already damaged because the shuttle sent everything flying and a potted plant hit you straight in the face (happened on delta)

Also white shuttle didn't use to stun you (don't know if it was intended because it takes some time to fly between places and it's annoying to not be able to move), now not only it stuns but it's full of unanchored stuff which turn into deadly projectiles every time you move the ship
charmisokay
Byond Username: Charmisokay

Re: Shuttle throwing everything on landing/takeoff

Post by charmisokay » #429270

I'd like to add that shuttles that used to look nice (the ones with potted plants and racks and so on) now look quite ugly because everything gets tossed around.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #429274

Grazyn wrote:It's so funny to start the round already damaged because the shuttle sent everything flying and a potted plant hit you straight in the face (happened on delta)

Also white shuttle didn't use to stun you (don't know if it was intended because it takes some time to fly between places and it's annoying to not be able to move), now not only it stuns but it's full of unanchored stuff which turn into deadly projectiles every time you move the ship
I was going to make a thread about this but forgot, I lost over half health from the O2 crate being left open then getting slammed with a pile of internals canisters the moment I load in. Absolutely hilarious.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #429295

you'd figure non-emergency personnel shuttles had smoother autodocking mechanisms since they could take their time, unlike the evac shuttle
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #429315

White ship isn't supposed to throw stuff around, uhhhh let me check the relevant docking_port/mobile when I get home

I also agree about the arrivals shuttle, players don't have enough time to get out of the way of 50 oxytanks flying out of a crate
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #429320

Now I think it was a testmerged or custom white ship, today I tested with meta and it has the old regular ship with no stun/throw

The other white ship was bigger, had fast-cycle external airlocks and command airlocks to the cockpit, the nav console was also buggy because it didn't show the entire shape of the ship. I thought it was the new one by WJ
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #429324

He redid the Box and Delta white ships, my best bet is that it was a testmerge bug. Meta one looks fine, yeah.
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #429795

I didn't touch the throwdown/knock variable on either the new delta/box/meta whiteship, so that's probably something else having broken.
Apparently I was an director or something.