Re Adds CQC

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re Adds CQC

Post by wesoda25 » #431125

Edit (accidentally submitted without anything so here it is)

This post has been made before I’m certain but here it is.

CQC is removed from traitor uplink (aside from nuke ops) and I don’t understand why. To me, the debate focuses on a matter of Sleeping Carp vs CQC. Which doesn’t make sense, because Carp is infinitely better. Literally someone with carp and a spear could kill off half the crew if they’re any good. Yes, CQC is an incredible weapon. But jesus one taser shot, baton, and the buffed disabled spam cucks it. With Carp you gotta go hand to hand and hope you can click better.

Once you reach a certain point, CQC doesn’t matter anymore. You will be getting into gun fights and dodging behind walls, maybe charging and getting the one off baton. Carp is forever. Even at the end game it forces you into hand to hand combat with someone who probaby has the active tp armor and a shield. I would rather take a gunfight 10 times over.

Also, a ton of Carp combos exist under the 20 TC price range (discounts or none) which perform far greater than CQC. For example, north star carp, adrenal carp, and just fucking no slips carp are bohemiths in the right hands.

I’m certain I could bargain a CQC TC trade with a few admins and I think its just silly to leave it out of the uplink.

Keep in mind, I’m looking at this from the murderbone perspective.
[this space reserved]
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Re Adds CQC

Post by DemonFiren » #431163

>competitive ss13
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #431165

The problem with CQC is how you can unavoidably KO anyone you touch, unarmed, within 2 seconds. There is no calling for help. You're just dead in maint now.
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #431169

obscolene wrote:The problem with CQC is how you can unavoidably KO anyone you touch, unarmed, within 2 seconds. There is no calling for help. You're just dead in maint now.
but
carp does that too
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #431194

somerandomguy wrote:
obscolene wrote:The problem with CQC is how you can unavoidably KO anyone you touch, unarmed, within 2 seconds. There is no calling for help. You're just dead in maint now.
but
carp does that too
no it doesn't
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #431231

Carp and north star is similar to CQC but oh wait it kills in under two seconds.

If its only acquirable via discount is why not make CQC 21 TC and discount only?

Edit: also theres one million and one ways to kill someone silently.
[this space reserved]