Clown car

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Clown car

Post by Qustinnus » #435378

Is it op? Is it missing something? Any bugs?

Post it below and I'll look at it.

Also im considering making it so you can somehow upgrade the car (emag?) and let you kidnap /any/ mob
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: Clown car

Post by Deitus » #435418

ive been gone too long, there's so much fun stuff being added. i hope my ban is over soon i want to run over the hos with this
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #435598

Qustinnus wrote:Also im considering making it so you can somehow upgrade the car (emag?) and let you kidnap /any/ mob
please do this, kidnapping clowns (mobs) to release them all at once is literally the point of irl clown cars (might want to blacklist some mobs like megafauna though)

also deleting the mob of the driver if it is destroyed seems harsh but that may be i ded pls nerf
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #435604

Used it today. Kidnapped half the station and drove right into the SM. Really wish I recorded it.

-It takes people buckled to borgs but not the borg. I think it'd be better if it could take both.

-Any wall is death. You have the same stun time as everyone else so it's a bit too easy to be pushed/pulled away, since the channel to jump back in is like 3 seconds. Maybe give the clown just enough time to immediately get in before everyone else gets up?

-It felt like people were able to escape the trunk a little too easily/quickly.

-The foam defense is hilarious. Don't think it was lube though, just regular foam. Probably a good thing.

-Maybe have the horn use spray oil slick/lube behind and increase cooldown. 18 TC is a lot.

No bugs I saw. It was so hilarious to use.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #435635

this you?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #435637

Anuv wrote: -Any wall is death. You have the same stun time as everyone else so it's a bit too easy to be pushed/pulled away, since the channel to jump back in is like 3 seconds. Maybe give the clown just enough time to immediately get in before everyone else gets up?
This would make it from a fun gimmick into an OP thing I think
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #435648

Yeah that was me and agreed but I have no idea how I survived like 3 crashes, one and you should be done for
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #435656

The most hilarious thing ever! I like that it honks and has sound to go with it, makes for a hell of a wild ride.

I'd like the car to be toned down to make 14 or 16 TC with the compromise of its colossal HP to be tuned down, since it's very agile and already has an exposed weakness for the clown if they fall out. At one point in a round where the clown got the car it took three Security people with lasers shooting it to not even leave a dent on it.

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #435699

Someone complained that you can attack the car from inside it to escape. I have no idea if that's good or bad.
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #435709

Nabski wrote:Someone complained that you can attack the car from inside it to escape. I have no idea if that's good or bad.
lmao yeah idk how to prevent that actually :thinking:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #435739

I don't think I like this.

First, it's a meme slippery slope. Gondolas are already normalized, gamers rise up type of conversations are a par for the course, how dumber can we go. Plus, I personally despise all manner of vehicles, and I shudder at the very though of having "Cars" in, as the changelog suggested. Second, while I haven't used it, from my interactions with it, it appears that clown car servers no practical purpose, other than to grief and ruin others people time. It probably won't help you achieve your objectives (remember those?) really, unless your objective is to kill people and then die "glorious" way crashing into supermatter.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #435774

Lumbermancer wrote:I don't think I like this.

First, it's a meme slippery slope. Gondolas are already normalized, gamers rise up type of conversations are a par for the course, how dumber can we go. Plus, I personally despise all manner of vehicles, and I shudder at the very though of having "Cars" in, as the changelog suggested. Second, while I haven't used it, from my interactions with it, it appears that clown car servers no practical purpose, other than to grief and ruin others people time. It probably won't help you achieve your objectives (remember those?) really, unless your objective is to kill people and then die "glorious" way crashing into supermatter.
clown cars are heritage, not memes. please point me to any non-ss13 related places where clown cars are a frequent topic.

the clown car is supposed to work as a 1x1 (because clown cars are small yet fit a ton of things, thats their entire joke). if someone wants to add other cars that has nothing to do with the clown car it just means the code is there. there is literaly nothing wrong with properly setting up the code in a way that allows people to make PRs later, even if they get denied. I never implied I'd want to add more cars.

also objectives are for losers, memetext for the win.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #435827

we've had vehicles in the game forever lmao
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #435829

Qustinnus wrote:clown cars are heritage, not memes. please point me to any non-ss13 related places where clown cars are a frequent topic.
Yeah I remember those. Not sure on which server I saw them first, vg maybe. Well then they disappeared. Cause they were dumb. And when was this a frequent topic in ss13? It's a clown trope. Actually back in the day when I played Nuke Ops (and when nuke ops were fun, not war all the time) we used to pack people into a locker, and make one stealth guy drag the locker to the Captain. Then we jumped out and killed everyone. This is the /tg/ clown car I remember.
oranges wrote:we've had vehicles in the game forever lmao
Only atv is a real vehicle, and it sucks.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #435871

yeah it should clearly be a clown drone or clown piloted pod or something
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #435899

Lumbermancer wrote:
oranges wrote:we've had vehicles in the game forever lmao
Only atv is a real vehicle, and it sucks.
Secway, janicart, the hover bikes from star wars, as well as a literal fuckign car that's like 2x3 tiles big. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but the point is that this is nowhere near the first vehicle in the game.
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #435903

You know what I mean by vehicle. Skateboard is technically a vehicle, but it's fine. Janicart and secway are human sized, and could feasibly be used on a space station.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #436371

i came back to give a round a shot and it was ruined by yet another addition that seemingly has no purpose other than to grief others and waste their time

not a fan
Limey wrote:its too late.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #436432

Lumbermancer wrote:You know what I mean by vehicle. Skateboard is technically a vehicle, but it's fine. Janicart and secway are human sized, and could feasibly be used on a space station.
you're a brit, right?
the way you're talking you must be a true scotsman
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #436434

No lad.

When I say I dislike vehicles, I mean I dislike IC vehicles. Cars, bikes, atvs, speeders. Not things that are mechanically a vehicle. I don't hate clown car because it's a vehicle, but rather because it's stupid and serves no purpose other than ruining the round.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #436435

that is the point of both clowns and traitor items

and security, just super saiyan

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #436436

Qbopper wrote:i came back to give a round a shot and it was ruined by yet another addition that seemingly has no purpose other than to grief others and waste their time

not a fan
looks like you got lost on your way to nofunsville america
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #436437

DemonFiren wrote:that is the point of both clowns and traitor items
No, only some items. And traitor pie cannon is both thematic, and is pretty useful outside causing meme-mayhem.
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #436455

I love it. I just wish borgs could be kidnapped as well.
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #436456

oranges wrote:looks like you got lost on your way to nofunsville america
here he comes,

the code maintainer not playing the game,

to tell you what is fun and what is not.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #436481

Lumbermancer wrote:
here he comes,

Also the code maintainer who is an admin and I have seen go on the server plenty of times when it was like really early in the fucking morning for me.

Does he have more connections than Naksu in this year? I feel not. Does he actually go on the server? Yes.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #436482

no facts, please, only flames

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #437141

Lumbermancer wrote:
here he comes,

must have been a taxi for two
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #438393

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #438406

I got kidnapped by this as a Borg, he sucked up an entire hopline and I was crying of laughter when we all popped out when it got popped.

It's hard saving someone from people trying to secure their valids when crying from laughter, but I managed to save the clown.

To be fair he didn't kill anyone or harm them, he just took people for a ride.