Poly Acid thread not detected

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Poly Acid thread not detected

Post by srifenbyxp » #42681

Lots of people saying it be OP and it is, 2 sprays will kill anyone unprotected, don't know what poly acid did before it got buffed but I'd wager it should get nerfed to a constant burn damage 5 - 15 hp per tick unless ointment / water is applied to the character. Dropping and rolling does nothing, panic ensunes.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: Poly Acid thread not detected

Post by Stickymayhem » #42686

Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #42689

If someone is naked already, one spray does about 400 damage. Instant death.
If they're fully clothed, one to melt the protective gear, next one kills.

Kinda funny when this shits stronger than badmin weapons.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #42691

new ubermesch weapon detected
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #42706

Not only does it melt protective gear, it permanently destroys hardsuits and any object.

As a CE, if someone ever so much as brews Poly acid, I want to go kill them to protect my advanced hardsuit.

From a safe distance of course...
iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #42862

And yet, my polyacid smoke grenades never seem to get any kills on the shuttle.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #42865

And still no plasma requirement
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #42911

>be CMO and throw a polyacid smoke grenade at a nuke op
>nuke op instantly dies and melts into an unknown corpse
>bunch of crew members run through smoke, coming out the other side of the smoke naked and dead

I'm OK with this nerf.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #42913

The problem is with the smoke applying the effects over and over, not the acid being strong. Although the damage/effect should probably depend on how much acid was used.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #42916

MisterPerson wrote:The problem is with the smoke applying the effects over and over, not the acid being strong. Although the damage/effect should probably depend on how much acid was used.
When someone in a hardsuit is running and goes through 2-3 tiles of smoke and comes out the other side naked and dead instantly, that's acid being strong.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #42919

I have a feeling poly acid is about to become the next chloral hydrate
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #42927

It was the original chloral hydrate you smelly noobs!
MrGlasses

Post by MrGlasses » #42931

I was running about as a chemist antag with the janitor's water backpack filled with polyacid. It really needs nerfed.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #42932

Hornygranny wrote:It was the original chloral hydrate you smelly noobs!
#justoldfagthings
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #42985

Spray bottle polyacid shouldn't apply to every body part. Get a spray bottle in real life, spray someone in the face. You can't spray their entire body.
Smoke nades were already an issue before this change because of the way it procs - things like mutagen are assblastingly strong because it mutates you a million times, where as stuff like beepsky/condensed cap isn't that powerful.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #43023

no nerfs

no nerfs
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #43048

Kavaloosh wrote:no nerfs

no nerfs
Its not a nerf. Its a reverted buff.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #43115

@paprka probably never, it's not remotely easy to add.
Really? I remember some time ago I tried filling a clown's flower with polyacid as a rev clown with polyacid thinking it'd be a hilarious way to robust loyalists and it just melted the flower. I'd figure you could do the same with spray bottles.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #43148

Jacough wrote: Really? I remember some time ago I tried filling a clown's flower with polyacid [...] and it just melted the flower..
Nah, looking at the code that isn't a thing, unless it's handled some where stupid
(it's not on /acid code and not on the spray/waterflower code)
私は完璧
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #43211

Look in baloons remie, they do the same thing as far as melting when acid is inside them.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #43291

cedarbridge wrote:

no nerfs
Its not a nerf. Its a reverted buff.
you haven't been here long

have you
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #43336

no nerfs
We must instead bring everything else up to poly acid's standards! Para-stunprods when?
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

iyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #43342

If we were doing that, we'd have to bring back old stungloves, and make them useable with TK
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #43345

Yes, do it.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #43371

I would simply just readd stungloves for traitors but cheridan had good reason for removing them besides them simply being unbalanced and easy to make, they had awful code.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #43457

paprika wrote:I would simply just readd stungloves for traitors but cheridan had good reason for removing them besides them simply being unbalanced and easy to make, they had awful code.
Click code's been rewritten, so they could be added without the stunglove code being checked every time someone clicks on something.

Stungloves would make a good traitor item.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #45362

Polyacid smoke grenades need to eat all the clothes while spray should only eat the clothes relative to the bodily region it was sprayed at. Additionally, polyacid needs to do as much damage externally as it does when consumed. Something like 25 damage per 5 units.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #45374

More oldfag opinions:

Nerf P Acid but not too much. It should still be really lethal. Seeing a chemist making it should be a cause for [PANIC], and demotion/arrest of that guy because there's no IC reason to make it. It's made a lot of us really happy to see the return of purple cloud apocalypses.

Also buff Lexorin you heartless bastards it's one of the more complicated drugs to make but there's little reason to bother making it when 15 units of unstable mutagen does the job better.

EDIT: Remember CMO's, your job isn't to run medbay it's to make sure none of the lunatics you have in your employ are creating death sprays/distributing hulk/infecting everyone with space aids. I don't think most CMO's realize just how devastating a lot of this stuff can be, and how easily most people in those departments can make it because I almost never see the CMO doing spot checks. Most CMO's just make sure nobody has stolen the surgical saw and then mill about doing nothing while the geneticist turns every assistant into an ubermensch and the chemist fills a spray bottle with LIQUID HELL.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #45379

An0n3 wrote: there's no IC reason to make it.
There's at least one concoction that requires pacid but isn't harmful in and of itself.
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #45380

For the record, poly acid is an important component in making metal foam grenades, which are pretty good at sealing breaches or creating barriers when busting into the AI's core.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #45428

ExplosiveCrate wrote:For the record, poly acid is an important component in making metal foam grenades, which are pretty good at sealing breaches or creating barriers when busting into the AI's core.
Or removing horse heads.
An0n3 wrote:Also buff Lexorin you heartless bastards it's one of the more complicated drugs to make but there's little reason to bother making it when 15 units of unstable mutagen does the job better.
Holy shit get that out of my mining stim pens first before you do that.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
iyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #45906

I think that polyacid should not instantly annihilate any and all items affected by even the tiniest amount of it. Mining riggs, sec hardsuits and other unique items that are 100% irreplaceable should not be instantly disintegrated because they were exposed to 10 units of acid for half a second.

If anything, pacid should act like alien acid does now, slowly melting whatever it is applied to over about a minute. Make it have more of an effect the longer it is exposed and the more of it that there is. As it is right now, it is like we and all our gear is all made of cotton candy and the pacid spray bottle is a goddamn firehose.
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #45934

Clothing currently takes 20 damage from pacid, which for most Armoured suits is about 3/4 sprays.
so "instant" is only because you were spammed with it, and the spamming is the primary issue.
私は完璧
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #45973

I have been killed from a single spray of 5u of acid before. One time during wiz round, I tried to remove my cursed katana. was fully clothed and full health, clicked the katana once - instantly dead.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #46101

Doubt you were full health, even pre nerf there shouldn't be enough to crit, unless you unluckily had your hat break and the chance to melt your face proc'd.

Again, Armour takes 20 points off it's damage protection values (Bio,Melee,Energy etc.) and only break when all those values reach 0.
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #46113

ExplosiveCrate wrote:For the record, poly acid is an important component in making metal foam grenades, which are pretty good at sealing breaches or creating barriers when busting into the AI's core.
I guess I forgot. I hardly never see anyone make those, nor do I ever get asked to cook them up.

The one time I can remember seeing someone use one was when there was the glitch with infinite foam reactions with a medbot. All of escape and the hallway up to the airlocks by the bridge got filled in.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Saltycut
Byond Username: Saltycut

Post by Saltycut » #46151

I've played two rounds today. Both times have been killed with acid. Also, using sprayer currently doesn't show users name in the chat, just huge text wall of melted gear. It would be nice if it would log the action with something like "PersonX has sprayed PersonY with some substance".
Femstation 5ever
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #46156

I was in that round, I was simply standing in Chemistry talking to Reed when I suddenly dropped dead completely naked. I had no chance to defend myself as I only noticed I was being attacked when I died.

Same thing happened with many other people.

It really needs to be fixed, everyone hates it and some people have proclaimed that they are leaving the server until its fixed.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #46201

The Nerf has been merged:

* Acids deal half the current damage to humans
* Acids deal more damage to monkeys (old numbers were hilariously low in comparison to humans)
* Reagent sprayers now take x2 longer to fire
* Reagent sprayers cannot hold Acids anymore
私は完璧
ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #46202

Wait, if sprayers can't hold acid anymore what's the point of nerfing their spray speed?
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #46211

because spamming any reagent with them is pretty bollocks, it was only highlighted when one particular chemical became instant kill when spammed.
It's not a major nerf tbh, the delay is 8 ticks (1 second is 10 ticks), 8 ticks is also the melee weapon delay speed, so it's nothing new and scary.
私は完璧
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #46213

Feels like another isntantly-merged change that goes beyond any one needed change to make 3 instead. RiP fighting wizards by melting their hats (which we've been able to do since the dawn of acid.)
http://i.imgur.com/GAnAQEg.gif
Last edited by cedarbridge on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #46214

Because they're still ridiculously fast at spraying all the other chems.

fakeedit:Ninja'ed

Also Cedar, you can still do it, it's just a little bit harder stop whining.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #46216

oranges wrote:Because they're still ridiculously fast at spraying all the other chems.

Acid is removed from sprayers. That literally makes spraying it impossible Oranges. Its right there on the list. Unless you're suggesting the real solution is to rush up to a wizard at touch distance and throw beakers in his face.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #46224

Remie? Remie? What about hacked medical borgs? They had an acid sprayer?
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #46226

Incomptinence wrote:Remie? Remie? What about hacked medical borgs? They had an acid sprayer?
That, Is an oversight on my part!
I'll unfuck Hacked medborgs and Give the Chemsprayer (the big motherfucker) the ability to shoot acids again too.

Nice catch.

Edit: Technically, the borg spray object forces the acid into the sprayer, it would fire anyway, the borg just wouldn't be able to refill it.
私は完璧
ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #46233

They could never refill it in the first place. It's been one of the big problems with hacked medborgs for the longest time. Unless something was changed, anyways. Haven't been hacked recently at all.

...Which is something I thought I made an issue report for but never actually did.
Random Players
Byond Username: Random Players

Post by Random Players » #46238

Actually, they can. Except they need to sit in a recharger for it. For a lonnggggg as hell time.
It really needs to be passive recharge, even if slow. And ideally have a counter like Engiborg has for it's materials.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #46259

cedarbridge wrote:
oranges wrote:Because they're still ridiculously fast at spraying all the other chems.

Acid is removed from sprayers. That literally makes spraying it impossible Oranges. Its right there on the list. Unless you're suggesting the real solution is to rush up to a wizard at touch distance and throw beakers in his face.
That is exactly what I'm suggesting