>fetish content

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: >fetish content

Post by Grazyn » #444353

Bottom post of the previous page:

Forced by a coder, bypasses a config option, misleading question, downstreams and players outside the community allowed and encouraged to vote

Meanwhile, the poll about economy ended more than 10 days ago but we still don't know the results, which won't change anything anyway
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #444357

remove catpeople, leave cat ears. people who wear cat ears are valid - so all the catshitters will just kill each other all shift to wear those ears

problem solved
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #444364

GuyonBroadway wrote:
MMMiracles wrote:have you tried complaining to whoever maintains your downstream to not merge that content when it gets mirrored over by their bot instead of complaining here.
Well for one I am one of said maintainers and two we need to keep the "core tg files" as similar as possible else our downstream mirroring tool break any future content due to github conflicts. There are ways around it buts its difficult and not always possible without doing something really dodgy that'll bite us in the arse later on.
you aren't core tg. if something upstream doesn't mesh well with your server's playstyle then that's a you issue, not a tg issue.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
GuyonBroadway
Byond Username: GuyonBroadway

Post by GuyonBroadway » #444370

MMMiracles wrote:
GuyonBroadway wrote:
MMMiracles wrote:have you tried complaining to whoever maintains your downstream to not merge that content when it gets mirrored over by their bot instead of complaining here.
Well for one I am one of said maintainers and two we need to keep the "core tg files" as similar as possible else our downstream mirroring tool break any future content due to github conflicts. There are ways around it buts its difficult and not always possible without doing something really dodgy that'll bite us in the arse later on.
you aren't core tg. if something upstream doesn't mesh well with your server's playstyle then that's a you issue, not a tg issue.
That's a rather selfish way of looking at the this.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #444372

GuyonBroadway wrote:
MMMiracles wrote:
GuyonBroadway wrote:
you want to remove a feature that is already disabled on your server from our server where you don't even play just because you don't want others to enjoy it and you have the gall to call others selfish
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #444373

GuyonBroadway wrote: If I am not mistaken Poojawa of citadel coded the original ahelp ticketing system.
if you're wanting to make the argument that adding cat ears to the codebase is attracting members that steer the direction of the server and repo in directions it shouldn't go, then go on to say how downstreams contribute therefore you should listen to them on your ideas of purity, maybe your example of a downstream coder helping out shouldn't literally be a purple sabre-toothed fox
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #444375

GuyonBroadway wrote:Blob Cuddling https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/29820
This is just the equivalent of knowing that someone is hugging you. Yeah, they say 'cuddles' and shit however it's just being able to hug blobs it seems imo.

Why is this an issue? I didn't even know that was a thing until now. If this is bad then hugging people is as well however I don't think catboys made hugging so rip.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #444376

>blob cuddling
>goof reverts it
>lizman thinks it's not controversial
the absolute STATE of 2k17 /tg/
only eclipsed by that of 2k18 /tg/
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #444377

This is why nobody likes coderbus
GuyonBroadway

Post by GuyonBroadway » #444378

Grazyn wrote:
GuyonBroadway wrote:
MMMiracles wrote:
GuyonBroadway wrote:
you want to remove a feature that is already disabled on your server from our server where you don't even play just because you don't want others to enjoy it and you have the gall to call others selfish
So why do some contributors opinions count where others don't? Carbon added a whole new game mode, does his opinion not count? People infamously joke that oranges never plays, does his opinion not count? What are the requirements for someones opinion to count?
GuyonBroadway

Post by GuyonBroadway » #444379

Screemonster wrote:
GuyonBroadway wrote: If I am not mistaken Poojawa of citadel coded the original ahelp ticketing system.
if you're wanting to make the argument that adding cat ears to the codebase is attracting members that steer the direction of the server and repo in directions it shouldn't go, then go on to say how downstreams contribute therefore you should listen to them on your ideas of purity, maybe your example of a downstream coder helping out shouldn't literally be a purple sabre-toothed fox

I can disagree with with someone even if I think they deserve to be heard.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #444381

GuyonBroadway wrote:
Grazyn wrote: you want to remove a feature that is already disabled on your server from our server where you don't even play just because you don't want others to enjoy it and you have the gall to call others selfish
So why do some contributors opinions count where others don't? Carbon added a whole new game mode, does his opinion not count? People infamously joke that oranges never plays, does his opinion not count? What are the requirements for someones opinion to count?
Nice deflection, please answer his post instead of making a strawman.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Post by Shezza » #444384

First of all

All you have to do to disable catpeople ingame is add # in one line in the config

saying that it fucks up downstream code is retarded because you never have to touch the code at all if you don't want catpeople
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #444387

Stop making Shezza make sense you madmen
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #444389

tattoooooooooooooooo
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #444390

PKPenguin321 wrote:tattoooooooooooooooo
I fully endorse tatoomen under the condition that we get to bully them too
SpaceManiac
Byond Username: SpaceManiac
Github Username: SpaceManiac

Post by SpaceManiac » #444393

Ignore anything non-maintainers say about downstreams, the codebase benefits massively by making it easy (enough) for downstreams to stay up to date and to contribute back. Catpeople are a config option and can be trivially disabled by hosts/headmins of /tg/ or any downstream, just like all other species.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #444394

every single fucking post in this thread just makes me want to ignore the poll and do whatever the fuck I want anyway

every single one of you are ungrateful cunts
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #444396

oranges wrote:every single fucking post in this thread just makes me want to ignore the poll and do whatever the fuck I want anyway

It's weird how these guys scream about how important cat ears are to their character and roleplay.

Really says something about the RP quality of their characters, if they're going to use culture and roleplay as a defense.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #444397

iamgoofball wrote:
oranges wrote:every single fucking post in this thread just makes me want to ignore the poll and do whatever the fuck I want anyway

It's weird how these guys scream about how important cat ears are to their character and roleplay.

Really says something about the RP quality of their characters, if they're going to use culture and roleplay as a defense.
A quick check through the thread brings back that RP was only brought up once really, and a couple times off hand. So not sure where you're getting that.

Besides, tg caring about RP in the first place. Good one.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #444398

iamgoofball wrote:

who was using either as a basis for their argument in this entire thread? in the revert pr, even?

i know your stance on the matter but jesus man you gotta stop pulling shit out of nowhere
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #444399

oranges wrote:every single one of you are ungrateful cunts
Sorry.
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #444402

[youtube]Ye7FKc1JQe4[/youtube]
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #444404

Then why are you here?
Karp

Post by Karp » #444408

iamgoofball wrote:
Qbmax32 wrote:IMAGINE arguing over this at length in 2018 we’ve done this song and dance multiple times and it’s clear the silent majority want it to remain in game
Silent Majority also voted for Reagan and the party of """"Family Values"""" aka the party that just pushed a rapist into the supreme court

Not a good point to make, it's almost like players don't know what is good for them
This post needs to be framed
Karp

Post by Karp » #444409

I wish the forums had a Best post of the year like the github has
Karp

Post by Karp » #444410

Y'all ever grab a bag of popcorn and read the forums to laugh
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #444413

Karp wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Qbmax32 wrote:IMAGINE arguing over this at length in 2018 we’ve done this song and dance multiple times and it’s clear the silent majority want it to remain in game
Silent Majority also voted for Reagan and the party of """"Family Values"""" aka the party that just pushed a rapist into the supreme court

Not a good point to make, it's almost like players don't know what is good for them
This post needs to be framed
I don't think anyone else realized that he compared the people who don't want catpeople to the Republican party and then said the players dont know whats good for them.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #444420

I think the situation has come to that there's not much else to talk about, so we stir the drama pot.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #444430

Holy shit its steelpoint
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #444434

Luke Cox wrote:

Then why are you here?
for the ones who aren't ungrateful obviously
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #444440

This whole thread is hilarious. No matter the result people like goof won't shut up anyway
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #444442

Rustledjimm wrote:This whole thread is hilarious. No matter the result people like goof won't shut up anyway
scared?
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #444453

Imagine choosing furries as your hill to die on
GuyonBroadway

Post by GuyonBroadway » #444455

BeeSting12 wrote:
GuyonBroadway wrote:
Grazyn wrote: you want to remove a feature that is already disabled on your server from our server where you don't even play just because you don't want others to enjoy it and you have the gall to call others selfish
Nice deflection, please answer his post instead of making a strawman.
Ok I'll make my question a little clearer.

You call us selfish for wanting a say in how a codebase we contribute to, even if we don't always play on, is taken, one who's decisions affect us. It's not just about catgirls, its just this is the point where the debate sprang fourth, and so while yes we can just config catgirls out the server we still get no say in anything else coming our way.

Sure downstreams don't play but we still send stuff upstream for the benefit of the community as a whole, so why don't we get a say? What is the critera for having a say?
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #444457

Do it.
I mean, if your justification for removing things is "I contributed a lot to the game so the server should be my little plaything and you must thank me and accept it without question", then go for it. Nobody can stop you anyway.
GuyonBroadway wrote: Ok I'll make my question a little clearer.

You call us selfish for wanting a say in how a codebase we contribute to, even if we don't always play on, is taken, one who's decisions affect us. It's not just about catgirls, its just this is the point where the debate sprang fourth, and so while yes we can just config catgirls out the server we still get no say in anything else coming our way.

Sure downstreams don't play but we still send stuff upstream for the benefit of the community as a whole, so why don't we get a say? What is the critera for having a say?
You shouldn't have a say in things that doesn't affect you and that don't even exist on your server. This thing doesn't affect you, you have no direct experience with it, so your vote in this particular poll should be filtered out, because "I don't want those strangers to enjoy their game (which i don't play) in a way I don't approve of" isn't an opinion that deserves respect.

I'm allowed to criticize America. I don't get to vote in their elections because I don't live there and I'm not an American citizen.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #444460

You've done nothing but shit on me for a PR someone else made when all I have done is run a poll to make sure we make the right call, given that this is still coming up two years fucking later
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #444463

oranges wrote:You've done nothing but shit on me for a PR someone else made when all I have done is run a poll to make sure we make the right call, given that this is still coming up two years fucking later
I only answer for myself, and the only negative thing I said about you is that the poll is misleading and it should have been a headmins decision given that it bypasses a config option, but it was mostly a critic to headmins who allow someone to go behind their back without lifting a finger. Personally, I think you should have just merged the PR if you wanted to and it didn't violate rules, because code and server are separate. Are you gonna have another poll in 2 years in the remote chance cats survive this? Because you know it's always going to come up.
GuyonBroadway

Post by GuyonBroadway » #444464

Grazyn wrote:

Do it.
I mean, if your justification for removing things is "I contributed a lot to the game so the server should be my little plaything and you must thank me and accept it without question", then go for it. Nobody can stop you anyway.

You shouldn't have a say in things that doesn't affect you and that don't even exist on your server. This thing doesn't affect you, you have no direct experience with it, so your vote in this particular poll should be filtered out, because "I don't want those strangers to enjoy their game (which i don't play) in a way I don't approve of" isn't an opinion that deserves respect.

I'm allowed to criticize America. I don't get to vote in their elections because I don't live there and I'm not an American citizen.
This is more lije a trade partner of America wanting a say in weather or not the chicken they are purchasing comes from farms that don't use slave labour.

Even if the chicken you eventually get is free range and organic and nobody will make you use slave labour personally is it too unreasonable to ask these conditions?

Not to imply America uses slave labour or anything.
Floiven
Byond Username: Brak7000

Post by Floiven » #444467

GuyonBroadway wrote:
Grazyn wrote:

Do it.

This is more lije a trade partner of America wanting a say in weather or not the chicken they are purchasing comes from farms that don't use slave labour.

Even if the chicken you eventually get is free range and organic and nobody will make you use slave labour personally is it too unreasonable to ask these conditions?

what

aren't you guys blowing this a bit out of proportion? Isn't it just a simple matter of commenting out a line in the config? Also, I don't believe there's anything wrong with Oranges polling for feedback, I'd rather the code maintainers do things like gathering information on what the general populous is interested in. The fact that it's brought up annually it seems is just indicative of it being a continuous subject, one that's worth careful consideration before making decisions regarding it. The fact that it gets a lot of people riled up and outspoken about it is good, it's better to have feedback rather than shooting from the hip.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #444468

GuyonBroadway wrote:

This is the larger issue of you downstreams not having a say in whatever is flushed down your code from here, but you bringing this up the only time it regards something that you can easily ignore and disable through config option makes it look like you're in bad faith.

If you and the other guy who made PRs for this code think you deserve to vote, ask MSO to not filter your votes, but I still don't see why everyone else from downstreams should be counted in the poll. Is there even a way to tell a downstream player from a random digg troll with 0 connections?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #444477

Grazyn wrote:
oranges wrote:You've done nothing but shit on me for a PR someone else made when all I have done is run a poll to make sure we make the right call, given that this is still coming up two years fucking later
I only answer for myself, and the only negative thing I said about you is that the poll is misleading and it should have been a headmins decision given that it bypasses a config option, but it was mostly a critic to headmins who allow someone to go behind their back without lifting a finger. Personally, I think you should have just merged the PR if you wanted to and it didn't violate rules, because code and server are separate. Are you gonna have another poll in 2 years in the remote chance cats survive this? Because you know it's always going to come up.
yes I will